Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its dark and rainy outside now after getting home but here are pics from inside garage. They sit super flush to the pinch weld (note I painted pinch welds black before installing steps). And they appear fine to assist rear passengers.

E14135D0-9DFF-4875-835D-52B1AE324983.jpeg

24F00E20-4ACF-44D6-9D01-34FA787B270A.jpeg

3D2E8808-74EA-40BE-8F19-5ABAF61ED331.jpeg
Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure the rock rails also attached to the body. Ford Engineers say that they can handle the weight of the truck.
Right and the Rhino step mount to the same location as the rock rails.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

D6
8" wide and 5.5” of stepping surface.

DS
5.5” wide 2” stepping surface

Dss
5.5 “ wide 2” stepping surface
They all use the same brackets and sit up tight against the vehicle.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They don't really decrease clearance like the one set of GoRhino steps
Ford Bronco Installed the Rhino Dominator D6 tube steps on my Badlands Bronco 3D2E8808-74EA-40BE-8F19-5ABAF61ED331
Can you open the door and take a picture from above? I like the look of both the DS and D6. But if the DS step is enough to get the wife in, then I may just go that route.

Sponsored

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can you open the door and take a picture from above? I like the look of both the DS and D6. But if the DS step is enough to get the wife in, then I may just go that route.
Not tonight. You have reached your request allotment for the day, but if they work for my 5'2" gf I am guessing your wife will be fine

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What are to do with all our rock rails? Who would want them? And also wondering why we didn't get the option to add steps.....
Keep them for when you actually run a rocky trail and bend up these steps, then you have them to put back on. 😁

Actually, I bet a bunch of people who bought base squatches would buy them.

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm pretty sure the rock rails also attached to the body. Ford Engineers say that they can handle the weight of the truck.
Yeah, the factory rock rails attach to the body. However, they don't stick out so any force from rocks is straight into the rock slider, very little leverage. Steps like these add a ton of leverage when the step rests against rocks on it's edge. My bet would be that the body will not handle it and there will be damage to the step and the body.

It's kind of blowing my mind all the people in this thread who love these steps and say they will get them who have Badlands Broncos, that came with rock rails. I know it can be hard to get into the Bronco for some, like my wife, so I get wanting a decent set of steps. I would wait until the aftermarket comes out with a wider rock slider that can double as a step, that isn't so wide and is attached to the frame.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pics from above as requested. Good width to be usable steps.

4FE43247-93B5-4B5B-B8C8-9A31632A3957.jpeg

9F7387C5-E3C9-4D88-AD38-E9DB02846337.jpeg

Sponsored

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, the factory rock rails attach to the body. However, they don't stick out so any force from rocks is straight into the rock slider, very little leverage. Steps like these add a ton of leverage when the step rests against rocks on it's edge. My bet would be that the body will not handle it and there will be damage to the step and the body.

It's kind of blowing my mind all the people in this thread who love these steps and say they will get them who have Badlands Broncos, that came with rock rails. I know it can be hard to get into the Bronco for some, like my wife, so I get wanting a decent set of steps. I would wait until the aftermarket comes out with a wider rock slider that can double as a step, that isn't so wide and is attached to the frame.
Totally agree but my wife, as much as she likes the Bronco, said she would no longer ride in it any longer until I got steps. I’m a previous avid hard core off roader with 15+ years experience (before I met my wife) but I’m old now and won’t off-road as often. When I do, I’ll either do mild trails or swap back to my rock rails for a bit. Or can always decide to sell these and upgrade if a better overall option becomes available next year.

Last edited:

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Super easy. Much easier than installing the new Rhinos
They are easy to install if you have another person. I had to do them alone. luckily found a box that was the same height as the bottom of the bronco that supported the step. I didn't have the problems others had like the brackets not lining up 100%

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

LOL they’re not THAT expensive. What’s blowing my mind is all the people dropping 2 grand immediately to swap wheels and tires

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Totally agree but my wife, as much as she likes the Bronco, said she would no longer ride in it any longer until I got steps. I’m a previous avid hard core off roader with 15+ years experience (before I met my wife) but I’m old now and won’t off-road as often. When I do, I’ll either do mild trails or swap back to my rock rails for a bit. Or can always decide to sell these and upgrade if a better overall option becomes available next year.
Yep, mostly in the same boat. We've been married 48 yrs, but my wife still needs to get in and out easily even though it won't be often. We do plan to tow it behind the motorhome so it will be our only car at those times. I'm mostly going to just explore with the Bronco, but sometimes we get into rocky stuff partly because I love going to new areas and will want to do whatever is there. We also don't turn around if it gets rough. I want the Bronco prepared since I never know what I might decide to do. I don't do the camping trail runs the last few years, like Rubicon, Dusy, and Swamp Lake (have done them a ton of times) but I might end up getting tempted to do them in the Bronco.

BTW, I'm stuck with spending the $2200 for the Rock Slide Engineering step sliders. Only thing that will work.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, mostly in the same boat. We've been married 48 yrs, but my wife still needs to get in and out easily even though it won't be often. We do plan to tow it behind the motorhome so it will be our only car at those times. I'm mostly going to just explore with the Bronco, but sometimes we get into rocky stuff partly because I love going to new areas and will want to do whatever is there. We also don't turn around if it gets rough. I want the Bronco prepared since I never know what I might decide to do. I don't do the camping trail runs the last few years, like Rubicon, Dusy, and Swamp Lake (have done them a ton of times) but I might end up getting tempted to do them in the Bronco.

BTW, I'm stuck with spending the $2200 for the Rock Slide Engineering step sliders. Only thing that will work.
Sounds like we're in similar boat. Good news for me is that unlike my mustangs (68 GT w/ 429 and 15 GT w/ Roush supercharger), which she won't even ride in, she surprisingly likes the Bronco and is willing to ride in it and take that car when we go places ... as long as she can get in :)
Sponsored