Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, not doing Rubicon or anything like that, but a moderate trail at Uwharrie creased my cheap tube steps, and am hoping these are thicker tubing like my rock rails.
You have steps and the original rails?

Also which trail on Uwharrie? Thinking of heading out there in a few weeks?
Sponsored

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What did you do with the stock sliders? I'm looking to buy a set.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! Thanks for posting. I just installed mine on my Badlands. A bitch to install but I like them and they clearly sit a little higher and tighter than 4WP ones.

A7BB7FAD-F8CC-450B-AC8B-201EA9F06BBF.jpeg

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You have steps and the original rails?

Also which trail on Uwharrie? Thinking of heading out there in a few weeks?
So I had some tube steps on my JKUR that are long gone, and replaced by sliders. I found and modified some go rhino bolt on steps to bolt into nutserts on the sliders so my wife can step up in.

Hoping go rhino comes out with two door D6s by the time I finally get my Badlands. (I’ll probably keep the bolt on steps.)

As for the trail, pretty sure it was the easier (west) side of Rocky Mountain Loop that takes you up from 576 to Saw Mill. My Rubicon was stock height then, and went over the rock was fine except when they caught and scraped along the bottom of the tube steps.

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nice! Thanks for posting. I just installed mine on my Badlands. A bitch to install but I like them and they clearly sit a little higher and tighter than 4WP ones.

Ford Bronco Installed the Rhino Dominator D6 tube steps on my Badlands Bronco A7BB7FAD-F8CC-450B-AC8B-201EA9F06BBF
Nice. Going to have to stop by some time and check these out.

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Interested in the stock rock rails if you still have them and want to sell. Let me know.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice. Going to have to stop by some time and check these out.
Sure man. Wife is happy. She’s 5’2” and had lot of trouble getting in before these :)

goatman

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of Jeeps
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Replaced the OEM sliders on my Badland with these from Rhino:
https://www.gorhino.com/Dominator-D6

These cost $529.05 which is a lot cheaper than the running board Ford has for sale. I also like how they look better.

It comes with Bronco specific brackets so installation was very easy. Took off the OEM sliders and got these on in 2 hours. They're very sturdy and now getting in and out of the truck is much easier, also no more fear of people slamming their door into my baby!

Before:

After:

Ford Bronco Installed the Rhino Dominator D6 tube steps on my Badlands Bronco A7BB7FAD-F8CC-450B-AC8B-201EA9F06BBF

Seriously, I wouldn't let those touch any rocks. They appear to be no where near strong enough. It's not a matter of the tubing of the product getting damaged, it's about how low they are and how wide they are, which dramatically increases both the likelihood of hitting something and increases the leverage against the mounts. And, since they are wide and not mounted to the frame if they bend up the body where they are mounted will also bend up.

Please, I'm not trying to be critical. They are a lot of responses here of folks liking these and maybe getting them. If you do dirt road exploring and mud, or like more baja style go fast, then these would be fine. However, if anyone has any intention of getting on rocky trails this type of step is not a good idea. If you where showing this on a Outer Banks or Wildtrack, I wouldn't say anything, but these steps are on a Badlands. Lots of risk here if you get into rocks. And, it only takes once.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What made them hard to install?

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seriously, I wouldn't let those touch any rocks. They appear to be no where near strong enough. It's not a matter of the tubing of the product getting damaged, it's about how low they are and how wide they are, which dramatically increases both the likelihood of hitting something and increases the leverage against the mounts. And, since they are wide and not mounted to the frame if they bend up the body where they are mounted will also bend up.

Please, I'm not trying to be critical. They are a lot of responses here of folks liking these and maybe getting them. If you do dirt road exploring and mud, or like more baja style go fast, then these would be fine. However, if anyone has any intention of getting on rocky trails this type of step is not a good idea. If you where showing this on a Outer Banks or Wildtrack, I wouldn't say anything, but these steps are on a Badlands. Lots of risk here if you get into rocks. And, it only takes once.
Agree. I’m keeping my rock rails to swap back on for any serious off roading. These do stick out and would be leverage as you explained.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What made them hard to install?
Hard to get brackets and step aligned, especially by myself. Watch some of the videos for wrangler installations to get an idea.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do these have good coverage getting in and out of the back door?
Sponsored