James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As the title says, I installed the rear tailgate table today. Once i had the proper drill bit, it was pretty easy and looks great!

IMG_2534.jpg

IMG_2533.jpg
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Did yours not come with the drill bit and bit stop? Mine ordered 6 months ago came with them. Highly recommend using the bit stop so you donā€™t poke the outer skin.

OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice! Did you use a stepped bit? Haven't had a chance to install my table, I've had it longer than my Bronco.
Did yours not come with the drill bit and bit stop? Mine ordered 6 months ago came with them. Highly recommend using the bit stop so you donā€™t poke the outer skin.
Mine did come with both, and I did use the bit stop. The drill bit was too big to fit into my power drill, so to home depot I went.

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, well, I haven't opened the box yet. I didn't expect it to come with usable tools!

Sponsored

BroncoMax21

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What's your opinion of the quality of supplied jack nuts? Break any during install?
A few months back I read someone recommended buying some to use instead.

OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's your opinion of the quality of supplied jack nuts? Break any during install?
A few months back I read someone recommended buying some to use instead.
they're shit. One broke during install but it was already in there and i was still able to secure the bolt to it so doesn't seem to be an issue but yeah, had I known that I would have gotten my own hardware.

Double IPA

Wildtrak
First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Nissan Titan, 2002 RS Warrrior
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any other tips or things you would have done differently (aside from drill bit stop and jack nuts)? Havent installed mine yet.

OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any other tips or things you would have done differently (aside from drill bit stop and jack nuts)? Havent installed mine yet.
it was easier than I thought it would be. The drilling is a bit scary but it worked out no problem

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As the title says, I installed the rear tailgate table today. Once i had the proper drill bit, it was pretty easy and looks great!

IMG_2534.jpg

IMG_2533.jpg
I bought this table before I read a bunch of threads with people having trouble with the Jack Nuts. Iā€™m debating on returning mine. If I do keep and install Iā€™d like to have my own hardware in the event something fails. What size jack nuts should I go buy and is there any other hardware youā€™d recommend getting?

Sponsored
OP
OP

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought this table before I read a bunch of threads with people having trouble with the Jack Nuts. Iā€™m debating on returning mine. If I do keep and install Iā€™d like to have my own hardware in the event something fails. What size jack nuts should I go buy and is there any other hardware youā€™d recommend getting?
It's not that the jack nuts are the wrong size, they are just of poor quality. I'd take them and get four matching ones from a hardware store that are a little more robust.

Also, just make sure you use the limiter when drilling into the tailgate as not to over do it and damage the outside.

I've used this tailgate a few times and absolutely love it. Don't let poor hardware deter you.

Tdub0527

Badlands
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 2019 BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's not that the jack nuts are the wrong size, they are just of poor quality. I'd take them and get four matching ones from a hardware store that are a little more robust.

Also, just make sure you use the limiter when drilling into the tailgate as not to over do it and damage the outside.

I've used this tailgate a few times and absolutely love it. Don't let poor hardware deter you.
That is the type of encouragement I needed. While Iā€™d consider myself somewhat handy I have to admit I needed to Google Jack Nut because I do t think Iā€™ve ever used one. Iā€™ll head to the hardware store and pick some up and give this install a try soon.

Thanks!

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Definitely get replacement jack nuts! DO NOT try to use the included ones -- they are awful and you're almost guaranteed to break at least one of them.

This tailgate table, surprisingly, ended up being the most frustrating thing I've installed on any vehicle, and as a Jeep owner as well, I've installed a bunch. If I had to do it all over again, I would've looked at one of the aftermarket alternatives.

Mine is installed, but the right support bracket is slightly bowed, probably because my frame wasn't exactly square. I thought I'd compensated for that, but I guess I got one of the holes slightly out of alignment. One of these days I may remove, cut the jack nut out and try to realign with the help of some JB Weld, but I need to work up my motivation for that.

As it stands, mine works and is functional, but it also rattles something fierce whenever I hit the teeniest bumps in the road. Something else to see if I can fix.

Pattytester

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Patty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Definitely get replacement jack nuts! DO NOT try to use the included ones -- they are awful and you're almost guaranteed to break at least one of them.

This tailgate table, surprisingly, ended up being the most frustrating thing I've installed on any vehicle, and as a Jeep owner as well, I've installed a bunch. If I had to do it all over again, I would've looked at one of the aftermarket alternatives.

Mine is installed, but the right support bracket is slightly bowed, probably because my frame wasn't exactly square. I thought I'd compensated for that, but I guess I got one of the holes slightly out of alignment. One of these days I may remove, cut the jack nut out and try to realign with the help of some JB Weld, but I need to work up my motivation for that.

As it stands, mine works and is functional, but it also rattles something fierce whenever I hit the teeniest bumps in the road. Something else to see if I can fix.
Any idea what size the jack nut is? I donā€™t see it on any of the paperwork. I broke one too.

And, exactly what Iā€™d expect of for to have shot quality and not provide an extra. Only surprise is I didnā€™t have to wait two years to get the table.

patch1103

Wildtrak
First Name
P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th Anniv. Edition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs