Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 F150, 2022 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How much does the rear one get into your rearview mirror line of sight over the spare?
It’s a little over an inch in height so it barely gets in the way. Sometimes I don’t even notice it’s there.
Sponsored

Dragline

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Yukon Denali, GMC Sierra 1500, Honda Civic, Chevy C3500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for posting this. I've been struggling with "analysis paralysis" with dash cams for a while now. Had a near miss in the Bronco the other day where a POS old Tahoe tried to occupy the same lane I was already in. I ordered the Ford F200 kit from Ruxer, we'll see how it goes.

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HHHmmmm, I started doing lots of videos with my Bronco, so I actually want one for taking my front facing footage. I kinda want to splurge on the 4k.....

But I have enough FordPass points to get the free Ford one. But I believe it's just the F200...... What should I do????? VHL3Z-19G490-E

OP
OP
DubC

DubC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2016 F150, 2022 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

HHHmmmm, I started doing lots of videos with my Bronco, so I actually want one for taking my front facing footage. I kinda want to splurge on the 4k.....

But I have enough FordPass points to get the free Ford one. But I believe it's just the F200...... What should I do????? VHL3Z-19G490-E
I’ve seen a couple of your videos! For content creation I say splurge on the 4k. Use the points on something else.

Sponsored

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve seen a couple of your videos! For content creation I say splurge on the 4k. Use the points on something else.
Damit! You're supposed to talk me out of it!

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Damit! You're supposed to talk me out of it!
Haha I went ahead and used the Ford Pass points on it. I know nothing about dash cams either, and figured it would be "good enough." We would like to occasionally drop some of the footage in our YouTube videos as well. If the footage turns out junk though, well at least we didn't spend and real money on it :)

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agreed, thanks for the heads up on mounting locations. Front is pretty standard but we do have a unique situation for the rear camera. For those that don't think the rear camera is important, I would think about that again. Lots of rear end fender benders and with many the bad guy drives off. This is especially true in a parking lot. In a parking lot you have about a good a chance of getting hit in the rear as you do the front, maybe more if you back into spots near cars that pull forward opposite you. :unsure:

I also have another reason for adding a rear camera. I may sometimes opt to monitor the cabin area when parking with top down (or up for that matter). With cloud based systems, you can even get alerts that someone is triggering it on your phone in real time. Thus, I am thinking about having that rear camera setup to record more of the cabin area, sort of like the OP has it partially here. Another solution is to mount it in the back but then rotate it when parking with top down (if around a lot of foot traffic vs cars). You almost need a third camera, one for the front, one for the rear, and one for the passenger compartment :). But since soft-tops don't have a good location inside in the very back (like most cars), rotating it to face back towards the interior is going to be problematic. Hmm, maybe outside on the tire or brake light.... :unsure: I need to study this more once my Bronco arrives.
There are plenty of front cams that have a a cabin facing cam on them.

G Net G-ON3 is an example of one of them.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bought the Ford front and rear facing Thinkware kit (with Fordpass Bucks) which was actually model DC-M1-FG that included the constant power cable which plugged into the OBDII port.
Bummer, I was under the impression the Ford kitted one powered from a harness behind the rear view somewhere. If it powers from the OBD, there's no reason for paying a premium just to say it came from Ford.

TurnerNHooch

Badlands
First Name
Patti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ & all the F150s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed a front and rear dash cam last night. Went with the Thinkware F200 Pro. Also got the OBD cable for constant power to enable the parking surveillance mode and for ease of install. Got a CPL filter for the camera too, but found out you can’t use it in combination with windshield tint or else you’ll get a rainbow effect in your videos. Overall it was a pretty easy install. Hardest part was just concealing the wires. For the rear camera, I totally forgot I pretty much don’t have a rear window to install it on because every time I decide to fold the soft top down I have to remove the rear window! Installing it on the underside of the crossbar was the only place that made sense for me while still keeping the camera centered. The spare and the third brake light take up most of the view, but at least the cargo area is in view 🤣 I haven’t tested out the video quality through the plastic rear window yet, but I should be able to soon. I’ll post pics of that as well.

768FAB8D-53C5-4A88-B2E9-09174C0CBCE3.jpeg

Hidden behind the rear view mirror. Can hardly see it from the driving position.

F573A355-36D3-48F8-AE8D-05E75C59F897.jpeg

Angled view from outside.

BCE7AE6D-89EB-445E-9AA4-CEBF7BA42469.jpeg

View from the front.

B6A34726-F117-48CB-A826-55359BEFA4B5.jpeg

Rear camera from inside.

0CEB3649-0B7B-43D9-ADB4-BFB5D8AEFC09.jpeg

Rear camera from outside.

FBED7611-5693-4B31-B82F-3A84CB20494E.jpeg

View from the rear.

42A29DAB-4533-4339-A6AD-BB155CF7461C.jpeg

Sample shot from the front camera.

4A679B82-793D-4668-9A6D-C89E058801C5.jpeg

Sample shot from the rear camera.

Some video from my trip to the beach catching some people stopping and asking about the Bronco.

Sample rear camera footage through the soft top rear window.
Thank you for this. I will however admit the footage of the school drop off/pick up gave me a little PTSD. I hated school pu/do. :)

Sponsored

FernieSanders

Badlands
First Name
Fernando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q3, Bronco Badlands 4Dr NoSas MIC 2.7 CG High
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha I went ahead and used the Ford Pass points on it. I know nothing about dash cams either, and figured it would be "good enough." We would like to occasionally drop some of the footage in our YouTube videos as well. If the footage turns out junk though, well at least we didn't spend and real money on it :)
How do you redeem the points on the store? Am I dumb or do you have to go through a dealer? I scoured the page yesterday in the accessories store trying to figure it out.

Binky

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the day
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bummer, I was under the impression the Ford kitted one powered from a harness behind the rear view somewhere. If it powers from the OBD, there's no reason for paying a premium just to say it came from Ford.
The same harness can be had through Thinkware. No need to buy it from Ford. Doesn't matter much if the device doesn't work anyways! Go with the Garmin.

Binky

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Depends on the day
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How do you redeem the points on the store? Am I dumb or do you have to go through a dealer? I scoured the page yesterday in the accessories store trying to figure it out.
Points can only be redeemed at the dealer. They talked about setting up the ability to use points via the online store but it was more trouble than it was worth as I recall.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks like my sister’s old neighborhood at the lakes at eldridge.

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought the Ford front and rear facing Thinkware kit (with Fordpass Bucks) which was actually model DC-M1-FG that included the constant power cable which plugged into the OBDII port. The wiring was all plug and play, routing was easy, but I could never get the camera to sync up with my phone even after disconnecting wireless SYNC. Multiple calls into Thinkware and no solutions so I sent it back and picked up a Garmin Mini2 with Parking Cable Kit. What's nice about the Mini2 is that you can install multiple Mini2's and link them all together. Much better than the Thinkware.
I like Garmin. Their products work well on my boat snd they’re American. Trying to figure out the vault feature.

Will the Garmin dashcams automatically backup all its videos into the cloud at night when I park in the garage with wifi signal? Having to manually login via wifi and drag and drop files every day would be a hassle.

and I am tring to figure out of a hotspot would allow me to login and see a livefeed from anywhere.
Sponsored