First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well done! I'm wondering, is it possible to place 3-4 large gravel bikes here(30 lbs each, this model)?
Sponsored

Last edited:

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That looks really good but being limited on tailgate use is a no go for me. Has anyone tried a platform rack that folds flat? something like the cheap swagman xc2 or nicer thule helium? I guess the downside of one that doesn’t fold up is it will stick out further if it’s a multi-bike model

Asohka

Badlands
First Name
Michael Partin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Team,
Sharing some photos of the bike rack I installed this morning. I had the carrier already (Yakima "Tilt-Away") but had to order the hitch extender (Yakima StraightShot) to accommodate for the 35" Sasquatch spare tire. There are less expensive hitch extenders out there too... no need to go branded as I did.

Anyway sharing these photo's in the event others are considering racks. This Yakima rack allows for the rear door of the Bronco to open to roughly the 50% mark. Gives some access to the rear cargo area, but still not perfect in that the rack itself is fully "tilted" in the final photo shown below. Still I think it works well enough.

Good luck your rack choice and I'd love to see what others are running.
Thanks,
Matt

Rack 1.jpg

Rack 2.jpg

Rack 3.jpg

Rack 4.jpg

Rack 5.jpg
I like this! Thanks for sharing

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks really good but being limited on tailgate use is a no go for me. Has anyone tried a platform rack that folds flat? something like the cheap swagman xc2 or nicer thule helium? I guess the downside of one that doesn’t fold up is it will stick out further if it’s a multi-bike model
Go with Kuat. Theirs goes completely flat as a platform for the bikes to site on and have a hitch corrector thing that firms up the fit so there’s no wobble in the system.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Interested in hearing your experience with this combination, as Yakima not only doesn't list it as compatible with the extender, but also expressly stresses not using racks that aren't designed only 2" receivers (this, like mine, has an adapter to bring it up to 2").

1637432207926.png

I'm sure it's probably fine for most use, but wondering if there might be added stress/ sway/ etc.
The Bronco receiver is 2", so this is a 2" to 2" extender, not an 1 1/2 to 2" adaptor. Not sure if that matters in the long run.

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The Bronco receiver is 2", so this is a 2" to 2" extender, not an 1 1/2 to 2" adaptor. Not sure if that matters in the long run.
Yes, I'm aware. However, They're talking about the structure of the rack itself.

Look at OPs photos...the base tube for the rack is not 2", the silver piece is an adapter that brings it from 1.5" to 2".

Ford Bronco Installed Yakima Tilt-Away Bike Carrier & Yakima StraightShot Hitch Extender - Bronco w/ SAS Rack 4

The hitches Yakima says can work with this are ONLY 2" in diameter, not those that can be either with the use of an (included) adapter. Kuat and other rack brands have similar warnings.

Last edited:

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone know if Yakima SpareRide will work on a sas tire? Etrailer says no and I’m curious why. There are some customer photos with large tires like so:
Ford Bronco Installed Yakima Tilt-Away Bike Carrier & Yakima StraightShot Hitch Extender - Bronco w/ SAS 06909010-E6EE-465E-BBB7-FFAA0451EA4F

Last edited:

Blue Blazed

Black Diamond
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi Team,
Sharing some photos of the bike rack I installed this morning. I had the carrier already (Yakima "Tilt-Away") but had to order the hitch extender (Yakima StraightShot) to accommodate for the 35" Sasquatch spare tire. There are less expensive hitch extenders out there too... no need to go branded as I did.

Anyway sharing these photo's in the event others are considering racks. This Yakima rack allows for the rear door of the Bronco to open to roughly the 50% mark. Gives some access to the rear cargo area, but still not perfect in that the rack itself is fully "tilted" in the final photo shown below. Still I think it works well enough.

Thanks,
Matt

Ford Bronco Installed Yakima Tilt-Away Bike Carrier & Yakima StraightShot Hitch Extender - Bronco w/ SAS 06909010-E6EE-465E-BBB7-FFAA0451EA4F

Does anyone know if they're making a ski attachment for the Bronco?

Glue Guy

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi Team,

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks for sharing!

I went with 1up USA for mine. I would recommend 1up USA. It’s a forever rack. All aluminum construction, and I something happens to break,that part is available and can be swapped out. Also folds down so the tailgate can swing all the way open. Needs the extender also.

rws

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2018 Silverado 1500 LT Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi Team,

Thanks,
Matt

I have the same bike rack... looks like an extended is in my future [once the Bronco shows up that is!].

Sponsored

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone know if Yakima SpareRide will work on a sas tire? Etrailer says no and I’m curious why. There are some customer photos with large tires like so:
This won’t work because of the rear view camera. The spare mounted carriers I’ve seen like this one have to bolt through the middle of the wheel.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for sharing!

I went with 1up USA for mine. I would recommend 1up USA. It’s a forever rack. All aluminum construction, and I something happens to break,that part is available and can be swapped out. Also folds down so the tailgate can swing all the way open. Needs the extender also.
I second the 1Up.

I work at a shop that sells Thule, Yakima, and Rocky Mounts. I still bought a rack from 1Up and paid shipping to Canada for it. They really can't be beat.
Ford Bronco Installed Yakima Tilt-Away Bike Carrier & Yakima StraightShot Hitch Extender - Bronco w/ SAS 20211006_091354~2

TX21BRONC

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Hemi, Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A Yeti on the back of a Sasquatch! 1UP all the way!
Ford Bronco Installed Yakima Tilt-Away Bike Carrier & Yakima StraightShot Hitch Extender - Bronco w/ SAS IMG_3565.JPEG

airstreamin

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-250, ‘21 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
A Yeti on the back of a Sasquatch! 1UP all the way!
Ford Bronco Installed Yakima Tilt-Away Bike Carrier & Yakima StraightShot Hitch Extender - Bronco w/ SAS IMG_3565.JPEG
Loving the USA version of the 1up you have there. Are you running an extension on yours? I bought the 1up rac attach for my bronco once it arrives.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does no one use the rack mounted to the spare itself anymore?

*EDIT* - NVM, question answered above. Camera compatibility
Sponsored

Last edited: