Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Hemi, Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Loving the USA version of the 1up you have there. Are you running an extension on yours? I bought the 1up rac attach for my bronco once it arrives.
Yes, I bought the 1UP extension. It puts the rack in a perfect position. The USA version was a limited edition a couple of years ago. It was around $800. Crazy, I know, but I wanted something different.
Sponsored

Scsoren

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Go with Kuat. Theirs goes completely flat as a platform for the bikes to site on and have a hitch corrector thing that firms up the fit so thereā€™s no wobble in the system.
We have a Kuat NV 2 with a Yakima Straightshot hitch extender and even thought the Kuat rack does not shake, the hitch extender does. Anyone have this same issue and a solution? Also, the tailgate does not open up all the way with rack folded flat, the spare tire hits it.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a Kuat NV 2 with a Yakima Straightshot hitch extender and even thought the Kuat rack does not shake, the hitch extender does. Anyone have this same issue and a solution? Also, the tailgate does not open up all the way with rack folded flat, the spare tire hits it.
Well, sure, if you replace a rack that has anti-wobble with a piece that doesnā€™t, then youā€™re going to have wobble. They offer an extension that you can run upside down with the anti wobble bit:
https://shop.kuat.com/Hi-Lo-Pro-Hitch-Extension

Scsoren

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, sure, if you replace a rack that has anti-wobble with a piece that doesnā€™t, then youā€™re going to have wobble. They offer an extension that you can run upside down with the anti wobble bit:
https://shop.kuat.com/Hi-Lo-Pro-Hitch-Extension
The Yakima Straight Shot has an ā€œanti-wobbleā€ bolt that still wobbles even when completely screwed in and tightened.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Yakima Straight Shot has an ā€œanti-wobbleā€ bolt that still wobbles even when completely screwed in and tightened.
Hmm, but it doesnā€™t wobble with the Kuat rack by itself? I assume with both on, youā€™ve tightened down both anti-wobble bolts? If so, and thereā€™s still wobble then there is a fitment issue with the Yakima extension in your hitch.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mrdibbles

mrdibbles

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands - SAS w/ LUX Package
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quick update... I called Yakima and their Customer Service agent did confirm that the rack I have, called the "RidgeBack", is not compatible with a hitch extender. While it looks good on the back of my Bronco looks are not the point. I've returned the hitch extender and I'm now in the market for a new rack.

Scsoren

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Quick update... I called Yakima and their Customer Service agent did confirm that the rack I have, called the "RidgeBack", is not compatible with a hitch extender. While it looks good on the back of my Bronco looks are not the point. I've returned the hitch extender and I'm now in the market for a new rack.
I returned the Yakima hitch extension, removed the Curt Hitch, and Iā€™m going with this one instead.
https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hi...MInNKH1e7A9AIV0xPUAR0xTw9MEAYYAiABEgI_LPD_BwE

ou812545

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E60 M5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is a nice option to extend the hitch. Looking a the reviews someone used it with a 1up rack on a SAS. I wonder if he can open the tailgate without removing the rack?
I'm looking for a rack setup that allows me to open the tailgate on a SAS without removing the rack. Even better if I don't have to remove the bikes.
Ford Bronco Installed Yakima Tilt-Away Bike Carrier & Yakima StraightShot Hitch Extender - Bronco w/ SAS 1Up etrailer

Scsoren

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That is a nice option to extend the hitch. Looking a the reviews someone used it with a 1up rack on a SAS. I wonder if he can open the tailgate without removing the rack?
I'm looking for a rack setup that allows me to open the tailgate on a SAS without removing the rack. Even better if I don't have to remove the bikes.
1Up etrailer.jpg
I will be using the Kuat NV 2 and will not be able to open the tailgate even with the bikes off, the tire hits the rack, but I can at least open it part of the way.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been looking at the Yakima Exo. It folds down all stealth then you attach the bike rack and then has option for ski rack and other mods. Itā€™s modular. Looks like it will work with a hitch extender.

Sponsored

FairFrank

Black Diamond
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sad! Wasnā€™t there a way to fix it somehow? What is your choice finally? Just trying to figure it out for me (choosing from this review)

Last edited:

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Would it be a bad idea to get a hitch rack before Bronco shows? I know last season racks were impossible to get along with bikes. However looks like the rack inventory is a little better then it was.

The Yakima Exo with and hitch extender looks promising like it will work and swing out so you can open door. But I wouldnā€™t want get a rack early and have it sit and find out it doesnā€™t work a year after Bronco shows :(

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m also hoping the tire mounted rack works for the Bronco. Want to use that and be able to use the hitch for my carrier at the same time or separately.

Baconator

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevrolet Suburban
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have been looking at the Yakima Exo. It folds down all stealth then you attach the bike rack and then has option for ski rack and other mods. Itā€™s modular. Looks like it will work with a hitch extender.

Did you ever get the Yakima EXO System? I am looking into that option.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you ever get the Yakima EXO System? I am looking into that option.
Howdy, nope I decided I didnā€™t want to deal with a bike rack to carry bikes or skis. Then have to remove and store it when I go off-road. I use my other vehicle for those adventures.

Sometimes I will take the Bronco backcountry skiing but just throw my skis on the inside in a ski bag. Works well. Iā€™ve been using my Bronco as mostly a trail machine and exploring stuff around my area. I have 3 national forests to keep me busy for awhile. šŸ˜€
Sponsored