Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've installed my Dashcam and powered it from the rear view mirror using the Dongar adapter, but I'd also like to power it when the car is off for parking mode. BUT, I don't want to have the Dashcam pulling power from the car battery all the time when the car is off. So, what I'd like to do is simply add a Dashcam battery somewhere in between the fuse box (?) and the existing rear view mirror so that, when the car is on, the Dashcam battery is being charged and sending power pass-thru to the mirror, and when the car is off, the battery is powering the Dashcam & mirror but not pulling charge from the car battery.

Any tips on how I could splice a Dashcam battery into the existing rear-view mirror circuit so I don't have to run a second wire up to the Dashcam?
-Hank
Sponsored

Skott

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why not just get one of those dashcam batteries to run the entire setup from?

Why even tie into the rearview mirror power when (apparently) the dashcam battery system can do what you'd like.

OP
OP
hankle

hankle

Outer Banks
First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was only thinking it to avoid running a second wire from the fuse box to the windshield when one wire run already exists. I thought it might be easier to simply put the Dashcam battery into the existing circuit. But maybe I'm wrong (?). I'm a little new to this stuff :)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I recently installed dash cam in my wife's car. You wire it to the fuse box with an add-on fuse. One goes to battery, one goes to accessory so the camera knows when the car is on and when it's off.

And everything else is just a setting in the camera. Meaning when you turn the ignition off it goes into parking mode. It even has a setting that tells it how long I want it to be in parking mode before it just shuts down completely.

My point being, kind of sounds like you might have wired up your camera wrong but I guess that would depend on which camera you purchased.

Just for reference I bought the VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K
Sponsored