Sponsored

Installing Eibach 2.0 truck coil overs, do I need to cut rest of crash bar mount?

Willhunt4food

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Firebird; 1981 CJ7; 1990 K5; 2007 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m getting my badlands nonsas ready for putting on 37’s. Will be using 17x8.5 0 offset wheels. Planning on lifting as little as possible but as much as needed.
Will I need to do something like the JKS clearance kit to get full articulation?
If so can I cut enough off without using the JKS kit? I really don’t want to take the ARB bumper off cause it was a pain to put on.
Thanks
Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Use the kit. Worth every penny. The Bronco can fit 37s pretty easily but there is trimming required if you plan on off-roading and not rubbing. The kit leaves a nice clean install and opens up the wheel well for the tire. You'll be able to turn on flat ground without rubbing but as soon as you stuff the tire at all, rub city.

With the kit, you just cut the crash bar mounts off at the frame and it leaves a really clean opening that you then install the new body mount in. Trying to just trim parts of the crash bar mounts away is going to be complicated and require quite a lot of grinding discs for sure. Maybe a Sawzall could help - its what I used to cut the mounts completely off.

The big rubbing spots for me were the crash bar mounts (I did the JKS max clearance kit and FULLY recommend it) and my rock rails. Also rubbing rear wheel liner in a spot or two.

I'm on a stage 6 Icon lift with 37" Yokohama Geolandar MT G003s. I have my lift raised about another .5" from where it comes from Icon to get a bit more clearance.

You'll also need to extend your bump stops with 37s or you will damage your body panels.

cgv

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badsquatch, Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For the Eibach 2.0s and 0 offset wheels, you are probably good on the front crash bar mount. I imagine you'd be more likely to rub the backside of the front wheel well.

I am running the same coilovers with 37" Yokohama Geolandar MT G003s on stock wheels with 0.75" wheel spacers (comes out to be about +11 offset) and it appears I am really only rubbing the plastic liner on the backside of the rear wheel well. I clear everything in the front. I installed the coilovers as-is without adjustment.

I chose the 0.75" spacer because it is the 'best' for minimizing rubbing based on some threads I read on here (yields optimal scrub radius). I actually dialed in the clearance before I installed the Eibachs. Before the lift with the wheel spacer, I just barely cleared the crash bar mounts and stock rock rails when stuffed. With no spacer, it rubbed the crash bar mount like crazy. The Eibach 2.0s dont' really increase travel, but are overall a little longer and therefore I only have more clearance now.
Sponsored