Sponsored

Installing factory running boards on Badlands?

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Anyone think I will have an issue adding running boards to a BL with Ford oem running board? Not sure why I can’t build it that way on B&P? Maybe the rocker panels obstruct it. I’m not really going to rock crawl in this thing but I like the look of the running boards and want plain old black MGV so will be switching my WT reservation to BL in all likelihood. Thanks in advance! My CJ does not have running boards so maybe I can live without them but I’m 50 so I need to still be able to get in this thing when I’m 70 ;-)
Sponsored

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone think I will have an issue adding running boards to a BL with Ford oem running board? Not sure why I can’t build it that way on B&P? Maybe the rocker panels obstruct it. I’m not really going to rock crawl in this thing but I like the look of the running boards and want plain old black MGV so will be switching my WT reservation to BL in all likelihood. Thanks in advance! My CJ does not have running boards so maybe I can live without them but I’m 50 so I need to still be able to get in this thing when I’m 70 ;-)
Yea rocker panels use same mounting points as running boards. So you wont be able to do that.. I am interested in the step shown on the sema build myself.

OP
OP
Portapot

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just saw another thread on this, looks like I may need to remove rocker panels but I swear on B&P I built a model with both??

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'd imagine it would be fine, they have the same mounting locations.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Q&A video verified the interchangeability of the sliders and running boards. Same mounting points. Just swap them out.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It will be setup to add running boards from the factory, no matter the model. Check out the aftermarket next year.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Running boards are good if you need help stepping into the truck, and some like the looks but know that if you have running boards, this essentially means you will not be off road ing the vehicle on anything more than mild to moderate trails. Don’t get me wrong, you can off road this set up but running boards will get bent, scratched and F’d up on moderate to difficult trails. The rock rails are not steps to get into the truck but are stronger and meant to protect the body from large rocks, etc and can hold the entire weight of the truck, whereas running boards are not meant to do this. You should have plenty of aftermarket options and there are some that can both act as steps and rock rails, depending on what you really need/want.

Charky

Wildtrak
First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A7
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Running boards are good if you need help stepping into the truck, and some like the looks but know that if you have running boards, this essentially means you will not be off road ing the vehicle on anything more than mild to moderate trails. Don’t get me wrong, you can off road this set up but running boards will get bent, scratched and F’d up on moderate to difficult trails. The rock rails are not steps to get into the truck but are stronger and meant to protect the body from large rocks, etc and can hold the entire weight of the truck, whereas running boards are not meant to do this. You should have plenty of aftermarket options and there are some that can both act as steps and rock rails, depending on what you really need/want.
Good advice. Some of these rock rails have solid, flat sections you can step on while others have steps that are several inches lower which can be removed if you want the added ground clearance.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why? Ride height and ground clearance relatively low in comparison. And extra clearance always a good thing.

Sponsored

Anthraces

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am not usually one for running boards (6’2”), however, i bet they would stop a lot of door dings from happening. On the bronco anyways....who ever slams their door into the running boards is in for a nice ding. Kind of a nice option if they are easily swapable....only need the rock rails really when I do go off-roading...daily driving I would rather protect my sides.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’ll put a step on and ditch the rails on the BD. I won’t be crawling rock trails but I will be getting in and out with waders fishing the beach. They also save your seats long term from the slide in that will happen if you squatch, I am.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hi
my wife will buy a bad land SASQUASH and she as 73 years old and 5 fett 2 inch. She want a rock rail and a running bord . One friend to me is machinist and they will built a costum stainless running bord with costum bracket bolted on frame not under the frame since the rock rail is bolted to the body it's possible . they use stainless 1 inch pipe to make it. this not do'nt loss ground clearance but not sheaper but professionnal job. another friend can built them in aluminium i have choice. they just to have the bronco and take some mesurement for perfect fit.
it's my way TRACKTOY

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs