Sponsored

Installing factory running boards on Badlands?

Stitches1974

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am not usually one for running boards (6’2”), however, i bet they would stop a lot of door dings from happening. On the bronco anyways....who ever slams their door into the running boards is in for a nice ding. Kind of a nice option if they are easily swapable....only need the rock rails really when I do go off-roading...daily driving I would rather protect my sides.
Or get rock sliders. Works great on the trails and protects from door dings. Bonus is that they can be used as steps.
Ford Bronco Installing factory running boards on Badlands? 20150803_164115_zpsmfnldt2l
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi,

My wife is going to buy a Badlands SASQUASH and she is 73 years old and 5 feet 2 inches tall. She wants a rock rail and a running board. One of my friends is machinist and they can build a custom stainless steel running board with custom brackets; bolted on frame not under the frame, since the rock rail is bolted to the body. They will use stainless steel 1 inch pipe to make it. It will be professional quality, too. This won't cause much loss to ground clearance once installed

Another friend can build them in aluminum. So, I have options to choose from. They just need the Bronco to take measurements and it'll be a perfect fit and the way I want.

TRACKTOY
I don't know why I copy-edited this post... But I did and I'm not sorry.

I think it's great your 73 year old wife is going to get a Squatched out Badlands, TrailGranny for life, right?

Or get rock sliders. Works great on the trails and protects from door dings. Bonus is that they can be used at steps.
20150803_164115_zpsmfnldt2l.jpg
This man rock slides.

Last edited:

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thinking I may go old school aluminum diamond plate. Not gonna be rock crawling...

Sponsored

TRACKTOY

Badlands
First Name
ANDRÉ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 LARIAT CREW C. 3.5L ÉCO 2022+ BRONCO BL.2023
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know why I copy-edited this post... But I did and I'm not sorry.

I think it's great your 73 year old wife is going to get a Squatched out Badlands, TrailGranny for life, right?

This man rock slides.
HI
My 73 years old wife visit MOAB UT 3 times 1 month at each time and on 85 différent trail there she made 65 différent trail including HOT TUB and ESCALATOR with a modifiy ARTIC CAT WILDCAT FROM DEAN BULOCK of D&P Performance Cedar City UT and now she will buy a Bronco. we have some experience in forwheeling spécialy in RC. WE ARE OLD BUT HAPPY FRENCH CANADIAN.
THANK YOU we hope to see you at MOAB one of these days
TRACKTOY

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Close, but this is them.
Ford Bronco Installing factory running boards on Badlands? Screenshot_20201122-075506_Messenger
Whoops. I should have gone back and rewatched. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen something like the Rock Slide Engineering somewhere in one of the Sema videos.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is an interesting option if someone builds it. A step that clamps on to what appears to be the OEM rock rail. There will undoubtably be sturdier aftermarket options, but this looks like a less expensive option for those that don't anticipate doing any rock crawling.

Ford Bronco Installing factory running boards on Badlands? 1606286839841

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thinking I'm going old school aluminum diamond plate running boards. Don't need rock rails for my use...

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is an interesting option if someone builds it. A step that clamps on to what appears to be the OEM rock rail. There will undoubtably be sturdier aftermarket options, but this looks like a less expensive option for those that don't anticipate doing any rock crawling.

Ford Bronco Installing factory running boards on Badlands? 5463B065-600B-46EB-8805-FAA3173DD6BC
I want this to happen.

PaulW

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 EB, 06 Wrangler LJ, 18F150HD, 17 Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I talked to Rockslide sales and they were non committal for the Bronco. I will call the bossman and see what he says.
BTW. I have AMP on my F150 and Rock slide on my Jeep. Rockslide is way better because they do not hang down so low and offer excellent protection. The AMP (same as Ford for the F150) definitely hang lower and collect mud so bad it is like regular steps - meaning when you get out of your rig you have to step on accumulated mud. The AMP unit is much more complicated electrically than the Rockslide. Both can be DIY, but the AMP interfaces with the ECU and uses the dome light for the trigger. The Rockslide is independent of the truck electrical system and uses a magnet on the door post for trigger and simple +12 connection . Both units have their own control unit. The AMP controller module resides by the battery and the Rockslide resides under the seat. AMP uses hinged motor driven hangers and Rockslide uses a motor, but it is all enclosed in a housing that is bolted to the rocker.
If the Rockslide were on a new Bronco at SEMA it has to be a custom install using a Jeep unit with custom attachment.
AMP is selling Ranger units now.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hilarious that B&P let me add both on the 4dr WT! :ROFLMAO:
I noticed that too -- I want to cover the seams on my OBX but without losing the running boards.

We'll have to wait for aftermarket nonfunctional rock rails designed to work with the running boards. I'm afraid if I order the OEM ones (with intent to modify), the car will arrive without running boards.