Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Bronco
Wildtrak
After a full week of driving around I'm satisfied with the placement and performance of the keyless entry keypad on my son's Big Bend. No issues with fit and opening/closing of the fuel door. Keypad works every time.
keypad1.JPG
keypad2.JPG
Looks perfect, like it should have been there the whole time. It even blends in. A hell of a lot better than the original location. Did you order one or did it come installed from the factory?
Advertisement

jay102269

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE, Escape
Bronco
Wildtrak
Looks perfect, like it should have been there the whole time. It even blends in. A hell of a lot better than the original location. Did you order one or did it come installed from the factory?
Ordered one separately. I did not want to chance having to peel one from the door and possibly damaging the paint underneath. Had the service dept. program the keypad.

OP
OP
Machine Gun Fury

Machine Gun Fury

Wildtrak
First Name
Carl
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Bronco
Wildtrak
Ordered one separately. I did not want to chance having to peel one from the door and possibly damaging the paint underneath. Had the service dept. program the keypad.
How much did that run you if you don't mind me asking?

AMBDBronco

Base
First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Bronco
Base
Clubs

After a full week of driving around I'm satisfied with the placement and performance of the keyless entry keypad on my son's Big Bend. No issues with fit and opening/closing of the fuel door. Keypad works every time.
keypad1.JPG
keypad2.JPG
This is all we really wanted, but all the extra conversation has been amazing! :ROFLMAO:

theguda

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Bronco
Badlands
At $100 bucks I wouldn't be too concerned. Especially if install is easy. Throw it the gutter and go buy another when it fails. Probably still last a few years under harsh conditions
Does this post include an Eazy E reference???

ELKS1

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Bronco
Base
Does any one know if I can order this part from the parts department? I didn’t add it to my order and now I wish i did, but I already have my VIN and build date so I think it’s too late.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2018 Jeep Compass
Bronco
Badlands
Does any one know if I can order this part from the parts department? I didn’t add it to my order and now I wish i did, but I already have my VIN and build date so I think it’s too late.
Yes, you can. That is what I did.

You will require the dealer to link the keypad to your Bronco, though. I negotiated this service free of charge.

I ordered it separate because I am cheap but also because I wanted to mount it in a hidden location, likely inside the fuel door.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Ruprecht
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Bronco
Base
As opposed to the “gentle” bathing of UV rays? lol
Funny you mention that because I’ve had my Bronco for two weeks and now the keypad is not working. No response at all. It worked fine and then yesterday just stopped responding. I’m stumped.

ELKS1

Base
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 1977 Bronco
Bronco
Base
Yes, you can. That is what I did.

You will require the dealer to link the keypad to your Bronco, though. I negotiated this service free of charge.

I ordered it separate because I am cheap but also because I wanted to mount it in a hidden location, likely inside the fuel door.
Thanks for the heads up. I will be ordering mine Monday from the dealer.

Advertisement

BuiltRight
Advertisement