First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will edit my original post as no one reads any other posts after the first one, as I did give him credit after I found out who's picture it was. His picture is from a Ranger, my pictures are from a Bronco. There was a post months ago stating that this couldn't be done on a Bronco. Hence why I put photos so everyone can see that it fits. The original content is the picture of the keyless entry on the Bronco.
It was never an issue. 👍 Now that the production Broncos are out it's nice to get a real world look if it will fit.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It mounts with 3M tape. Get it from the factory and use either fishing line or dental floss to remove it and mount to somewhere else. It's battery powered cr 2032. Not my picture and I have no clue as to why all the paper clips. 😂

Like @Rick Astley said they had/have a bad batch of these. Some have been lucky to get the newest ones and have been working great while others are dying within a week. The way things are going with the Bronco I wouldn't put much faith in getting a good batch.

Remote Keypad.jpg

You can lock the fob inside and use the keypad to get in. Also the app is dependent on having a good cell signal which isn't always the case when you're hiking or camping in remote areas.

If you have a hitch some are using these.

https://www.amazon.com/HitchSafe-HS...ler+hitch+receiver+safe&qid=1628704178&sr=8-3

Hitch Safe.jpg

Just saying...

CARdiac

First Edition
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 Alpha, MINI Cooper S JCW, TVR 280i
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

B Spence

Outer Banks
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Raptor SVT 6.2L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I did not order the key pad - I don't like the look on the car and had them on my Flex but never used them. but this would be ok. did you order the pad separately from the Car order?

Manda13

Outer Banks
First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does anyone know how hard it is to remove the one installed from the factory and move it elsewhere? I'm not looking to destroy my paint but by the time I found out it could be located elsewhere my bronco already had a vin and I couldn't remove it.

Sponsored

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I know a few people have said that the fuel door doesn't lock when the car is locked is this confirmed?
I can't even scrub the side of my civic when washing it without the fuel door popping open if the car is unlocked, this would be a PITA on an off road vehicle especially with the cap less system.
I thought it did as well
Confirmed-it does Not lock on my BaseSasquatch.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only 1 way to find out. Do it and report back. Looks like a good location but I worry gas fumes will degrade the plastic.
The filler cap is sealed (EPA regulation), so there are no fumes during normal use. During fill-up, hopefully you live in a state that has vapor recovery systems installed on your fuel pumps (unburned fuel vapors are a significant cause of air pollution), but even if you don't, you're outside and the vapors would not remain in contact with the buttons.

TL;DR: non-issue.

grtharris

Outer Banks
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outer Banks 4dr, 2008 Mustang GT CS (Wife's), MH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Plan on mounting my on the B pillar. Does anyone know if each number pad can be rotated 90 degs?

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Putting an electrical device in an enclosed space with gas fumes. What could possibly go wrong?:oops:
You mean like how electric fuel pumps are mounted inside the gas tank? :)

No fumes inside the fuel filler door. The cap is sealed. If the seal fails, you'll get a check engine light and if you live in a state with emissions testing, it will fail. That said, even if there were fumes, we're talking about 3v DC battery power at milliamps level, and only when in use. Solid state electronics in a waterproof housing. No spark happening here.

Last edited:

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i have the realtor lock box bolted under my tundra inside that is my extra key fob in a plastic bag simple use it every day ,usually lock keys in truck .

Sponsored

kellyweiss

Heritage
First Name
Mr. Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
i have the realtor lock box bolted under my tundra inside that is my extra key fob in a plastic bag simple use it every day ,usually lock keys in truck .
Excellent idea; I also believe "push-button" vs "spinning wheel" combination numbers would be more secure. Any ideas on what brand - was looking at this one:

Ford Bronco Installing Keyless Entry Pad in the fuel door 1628744941465

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Excellent idea; I also believe "push-button" vs "spinning wheel" combination numbers would be more secure. Any ideas on what brand - was looking at this one:

Ford Bronco Installing Keyless Entry Pad in the fuel door 1628744941465
Just like that drilled some holes in back and bolted it down,every now and then a squirt of oil.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any chance that fits on the back side of the rear view mirror arm?
I'm guessing it's probably too long to fit the arm, or potentially too thick interferes with the glass when the door is open.

Reactions: Dom

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Plan on mounting my on the B pillar. Does anyone know if each number pad can be rotated 90 degs?
I was wondering the same thing. The B pillar would be a good location, but the sideways numbers would annoy me. LOL.

I would also totally mount mine on the inside of the filler cap. Or someone else suggested the side view mirror post. I wonder if it would fit there.
Sponsored