Sponsored

Installing overhead aux switches after sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snydermann

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samurai, VW Thing, MINI, smart, Astro Van
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@1Five1 Garage did it and they didn't find anything for a simple install of the auxiliary switch.

Edit: just saw that you were referring to one that already has the aux switch. Hope the video help you either way.
Good video, but they didn't search far enough. My guess is that there is a switch harness connector at the base of one of the A-pillars behind the dash/footwell.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm watching this closely! I had my dealer look in to those parts yesterday. Are you doing the install this weekend?
Probably one day in the next few weekends. Just have a bit going on right now.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good video, but they didn't search far enough. My guess is that there is a switch harness connector at the base of one of the A-pillars behind the dash/footwell.
It replaces the existing harness that goes to the body control module under the driver's dash. I'm looking into the complexity of getting access to the module in order to replace the harness. I'm also anticipating having to add the fuses under the hood which I don't have.

Canonman11

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Deduct $144 from above. Looks like switches are included in part 78519A70.

20220129_122048.jpg
When is the install stoked to see if everything works I am in ASAP. I really want these installed. After market is not what I am looking for. Never mind saw your previous post will be watching for it.

Sponsored

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While reviewing the diagrams uploaded by @flip (THANK YOU) and comparing against the wire harness received, I may get lucky and not have to yank the dash apart to get to the BCM. I hope that the harness that I'm swapping out is all I need & no other harness swaps are necessary.

If there are any Ford Tech's on the thread, please feel to opine. These are just my suspicions based on the diagrams that have been shared thus far and my exercising of some of that old school common sense.

Ford Bronco Installing overhead aux switches after sales? ZomboDroid 29012022194511

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Further confirmation of the overhead harness connecting to C206 and C212.

So common sense would tell me, the wire harness needs to get swapped out and plugged into the locations of the driver and passenger A-pillars. What I don't know is whether the C206 and C212 hookups & their related harnesses also have the supporting wiring for the switches routed to the BCM & out under the hood. So if there are any Ford Techs out there who can confirm one way or another, that'd be awesome. Otherwise I'll be planning for a weekend of trial and error. šŸ™‚

Ford Bronco Installing overhead aux switches after sales? Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 9.15.40 PM

Last edited:

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I would have liked to see was the A-Pillar trim pieces completely removed to get an understanding of the wires routed behind them.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m going to bet they are there. Let me try to pop the trim on my brothers 2d tomorrow and see what wires are there. If I donā€™t get back by the ond of the day shoot me a message. End of month and have a bunch of stuff to get done.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I would have liked to see was the A-Pillar trim pieces completely removed to get an understanding of the wires routed behind them.
Ive had my a-pillars trim & windshield trim removed at least 3 times now and have some pics. But then again, I have the lux and switches, so my wiring may vary from those without. There is a single harness connection on each a-pillar.

Sponsored

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ive had my a-pillars trim & windshield trim removed at least 3 times now and have some pics. But then again, I have the lux and switches, so my wiring may vary from those without. There is a single harness connection on each a-pillar.
Awesome that's consistent with the replacement harness Ford sold me.

Last edited:

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So good news. I started the project tonight & can confirm a couple things.

1. Wire harnesses are tucked behind the drivers and passenger side A-Pillar.
2. The harness coming up driver side, coming off the BCM to the A-Pillar connection was pre-pinned with the connections for the switches. The passenger side is also pinned to match the switch harness from the factory as well.

Putting the Bronco back together & should have a final answer for everyone tonight (God willing).

Ford Bronco Installing overhead aux switches after sales? 20220130_215024

Ford Bronco Installing overhead aux switches after sales? 20220130_205746

Ford Bronco Installing overhead aux switches after sales? 20220130_213929

Last edited:

Tellsnow

Base
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So good news. I started the project tonight & can confirm a couple things.

1. Wire harnesses are tucked behind the drivers and passenger side A-Pillar.
2. The harness coming up driver side, coming off the BCM to the A-Pillar connection was pre-pinned with the connections. The passenger side is also pinned to match from the factory as well.

Putting the Bronco back together & should have a final answer for everyone tonight (God willing).

Doing Godā€™s work over there. Much appreciated brotha! Iā€™ve been watching this thread from the beginning but havenā€™t had the you know whats (or experience) to be the guinea pig. Fingers crossed this works and Iā€™ll give it a go.

Status
Not open for further replies.