Sponsored

Installing overhead aux switches after sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What’s the difference, if any, between the Super Duty part and the Bronco part that you posted earlier? They both seem to have the same secondary number in the full part number (highlighted), and they physically look the same? The plus location, maybe (right side for Super Duty and left side for Bronco)?

53C6093C-D9E3-40F6-A724-D64A344E141E.png
Possibly, the connector is on the opposite side? Why don't they use readily available, off the shelf parts? Because, just because.
Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Possibly, the connector is on the opposite side? Why don't they use readily available, off the shelf parts? Because, just because.
Thanks, Phil. I thought it might be the plug location. Likely the same manufacturer and design concept. Besides, what’s another SKU in the inventory system between friends? 😉

This gives me hope that the Aux Plug upgrade could be a simple plug & play project, depending on whether the harness is already installed. Hopefully we get confirmation from an actual owner soon.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@flip now do the opposite, what is the part number for the sunglasses holder? When the wife takes delivery of her BL she is going to want a place to store her shades. She drives our JKU and can't stand the fact there is no overhead sunglasses storage.

Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did your Super Duty switch assembly looked like this?

I tried to do an image search for the part number that @flip posted, but it’s so new, there were no images available. The Super Duty switch assembly showed up during the same search, though, so I’m assuming the two switch assemblies might be similar even though the part numbers and actual dimensions and features are probably different.
Not exactly, the F250 was a little different. But my 19 F350 looks like that, they were factory installed.
I bet the light color is different on the Bronco (where the switch label lights up) from the Super Duty.

Last edited:

Canonman11

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So long story short I was "right time, right place" and snatched up an abandoned BB when randomly stopping by to check out the demo BL. Oopsie :sneaky:!
I'm keeping my order for 2D BD, you know, for when it might get built someday, in the meantime I fully intend to enjoy this 4D. That all said, the only option it came with was the tow package. Poking around under the hood we noticed it's pre-wired for what I can only assume to be the overhead aux switch panel...but I don't have one. Any ideas whether it could be bought separately? I don't see it in the ever changing accessories catalog, and haven't seen a parts manual where I could look it up. Thoughts?
My exact question as well. The wires are there so I am sure it is possible. Waiting on ford parts to get there manuals so we can see what is available.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FYI, I forgot to mention that I also had to install the relay block. It was plug and play just like the switch set.

OP
OP
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BB 4D, '97 BMW 323ti, '90 Miata, '02 NSX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Uhhh… read the OP. The Bronco is already built and in his driveway.
*her driveway, but I'm not one to get panties in a bunch about it. Fully aware I'm in the vast minority in places like this and the assumption will always be there ;)

Back on track... yes! The other reason I was asking (besides simply wanting it) was because there's a very suspicious bundle of leads under the hood at the cowl that one could only assume would go to a switch bank. Not to be confused with a Swiss Bank, as nice as that might be to recover from this "accidental purchase".....

OP
OP
First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BB 4D, '97 BMW 323ti, '90 Miata, '02 NSX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Congrats on the BB btw.
Thank you! I'm trying to not be braggy about it (I was lucky for the first freaking time ever in my life) since sooooooo many others are stuck. Waiting. For what seems like FOREVER. In the meantime if I can do anything to help out the community on the front end I'm 100% in.

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don’t understand why anyone would want to install the auxiliary switches after the fact when it is a $195 option. I don’t get it.

nd2002

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 BMW M2, '18 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t understand why anyone would want to install the auxiliary switches after the fact when it is a $195 option. I don’t get it.
Forgot, didn’t think they needed it at the time, changed there mind, etc🤷🏻‍♂️

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs