Sponsored

Installing overhead aux switches after sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Adding that the correct harness is part M2DZ-14335-C. Steps to getting closer....
Mangold Ford circled back to me and confirmed that the unterminated wires found under the hood begins at the BCM. So if you have no factory switch harness ran, they basically go to a dead end unless the wiring to the overhead console is already present.

I'll be ordering the parts needed & will have another update once they're in-hand.
Sponsored

jbronc21

Big Bend
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Camaro SS 2017 Ram 2500 2021 Bronco BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hello all! Iā€™m new to the forum and appreciate all the good info Iā€™ve found here. We got our Big Bend Sasquatch a few weeks ago and love it! But I had a momentary lapse of reason when ordering lol. The salesman said ā€œauxiliary switches?ā€ and the wife said ā€œno. we donā€™t need thoseā€ and I just blindly complied ugh. Now with all the cool accessories Iā€™m discovering Iā€™m definitely kicking myself. Thatā€™s said, Iā€™m real curious to see where this goes! The auxbeam is real cool but I kinda like the factory look. thanks

Bronky

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm in the same boat...lucky to pick find a cancelled order but no aux switches or tow hook :( Looks like we're not able to put in the factory switches easily, is anybody able to recommend another company with switches and where to put it. THANKS!

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Following.....now, if only someone with the switches would tear apart their roll bar and a-pillar.to see where the wires go....
from the BCM up the driver pillar to the overhead console upfitter switches, then switch outputs go down the passenger a pillar and through the firewall on the passenger side.

Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 9.15.40 PM.png

BVan604

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

from the BCM up the driver pillar to the overhead console upfitter switches, then switch outputs go down the passenger a pillar and through the firewall on the passenger side.

Ford Bronco Installing overhead aux switches after sales? Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 9.15.40 PM
Where did that diagram come from? Are there more?

Sponsored

BVan604

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sharing the below for the benefit of others. If everything I've read/researched is correct, it would seem that the A1-A6 unterminated leads are just outputs from the power distribution block. So it would seem that a new wire chase/harness would be need to be added to connect the switches to the power distribution block, thus completing the circuit that controls these outputs & facilitate the addition of the OEM switches. Now whether or not Ford actually has that available remains to be seen.

Ford Bronco Installing overhead aux switches after sales? Screen Shot 2022-01-04 at 9.15.40 PM
So, am I missing something? There are 6 switches but only 5 outputs, B1, B2, C, D, E. Where does the 6th switch some in to play? Just an extra for an alternate location?

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Where did that diagram come from? Are there more?
Workshop manual. There are a lot more like this. 1,388 pages of just these diagrams within it. The wiring portion of the manual is 2500+ pages.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, am I missing something? There are 6 switches but only 5 outputs, B1, B2, C, D, E. Where does the 6th switch some in to play? Just an extra for an alternate location?
All the legs for the switches (switched relay power from the battery at varying amps- disconnect battery before breaking into these) terminate at the point at which they could energize pre-run circuits (B1, B2, C, D, E) that are not currently connected to anything at either end. It looks like if you use D or E, they want those to be powered by B1 and/or B2... You can add items such as lights at the other end, but some of the circuits are limited to the point of not being useful for much more than USB charging ports or relays. The 5 pre-run circuits can be daisy-chained or singled or not used at all. Other runs would stand in their place, and the sixth switch is optional based upon daisy chain or additional run elsewhere than pre-run.

Good news is any of the 5 pre-run circuits can handle any of the six switches amperage, but there are limited high powered switches, A1 at 25 A and A2 at 15 A...

It reads like those switches are always hot and capable of moderate to high amperage, which is a bit janky. On a second read-through, they run [low voltage] relay power from the switches to the black caterpillar is under the hood, a relay block, and the colorful bundle is the relay switched powers, nice and hot.

Last edited:

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here is a good video showing that there are no wires in the overhead.
Everyone should of just ordered the switches for $195

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just found that video, excellent info. I'll just keep telling myself if I ordered the aux switches it would have delayed my build.

jbronc21

Big Bend
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Camaro SS 2017 Ram 2500 2021 Bronco BB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good call, the Auxbeam is looking real nice right about now lol

1Five1 Garage

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend, F350, 4Runner, 52 Ford F1 RatRod
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a good video showing that there are no wires in the overhead.
Everyone should of just ordered the switches for $195

Glad you like the video. We installed aftermarket aux switches above the drivers visor in the next video we had put out. out of the way and hidden until you need them.

We were thinking the same thing when we picked up the Big Bend. Our Badlands and Black Diamond will come with them standard.

FYI, we dig into the Bronco every weekend to find out more about it. so... more to come.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.