Sponsored

Installing overhead aux switches after sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ok for a slow guy, BLUF (bottom line up front), if you did not order the Aux Switches, most likely a wiring harness will be required, installation of which is a pain. You can confirm the presence (or absence) of the harness by looking in the fuse box - 20 amp fuses suggests the wiring harness is present and 5 amp fuses most likely mean it’s not there (see photo posted by NewBroncoOwner).

If by chance you have the wiring harness or are brave enough to install the same, you need a switch assembly and trim piece which will cost you approximately $400.

Any corrections are welcome.
Sponsored

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

forget that adm and find another dealer. If after the fact just get something like a Switchpro9100
Finding another dealer is a bit of a challenge. I'm in Hawaii and all dealers here markup at least $5K on new vehicles that are in demand. $7-10K in high demand and if it's something rare then $20K

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just curious and may e this isn't the place to put it, but if you have a Big Bend with just a rear locker, means you'll have 2 less switches on the dash. Has anyone seen replacement rubber and switches to add toggles on the dash next to the others?
Or is it most likely too much of a PIA to even add in that location?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just curious and may e this isn't the place to put it, but if you have a Big Bend with just a rear locker, means you'll have 2 less switches on the dash. Has anyone seen replacement rubber and switches to add toggles on the dash next to the others?
Or is it most likely too much of a PIA to even add in that location?
That's what I was wondering. Great question.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's what I was wondering. Great question.
Maybe @flip can tell us if he sees part numbers for an extra switch or 2 and also the rubber piece that covers them.

My brother in law installed pod lights and has his switch under the dash but he was thinking about running up top of dash. I suggested he didn't just cut a hole in there though.

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe @flip can tell us if he sees part numbers for an extra switch or 2 and also the rubber piece that covers them.

My brother in law installed pod lights and has his switch under the dash but he was thinking about running up top of dash. I suggested he didn't just cut a hole in there though.
There are 7 different HERO switch options. My assumption is they are a momentary switch instead of a latching type. Could you rig something up under one of the empty positions? Maybe, but the things range from $140-$175 so figure on throwing that away if it you want to experiment.

Ford Bronco Installing overhead aux switches after sales? 1638447451200

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are 7 different HERO switch options. My assumption is they are a momentary switch instead of a latching type. Could you rig something up under one of the empty positions? Maybe, but the things range from $140-$175 so figure on throwing that away if it you want to experiment.

Ford Bronco Installing overhead aux switches after sales? 1638447451200
Wow... So a little piece of rubber starts at 140 bucks.

Yep, guess that's a waste, will have to rip apart BIL's BB to see if he even has the harness in the A pillar.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Came to this thread hoping to get a quick answer and after 8 pages of reading, I'm still unclear on what is needed to add the 6 aux OEM switches in place of the sunglass holder (tons of unnecessary comments).

For the benefit of the greater cause, lets assume nobody has pre-wiring from the factory. Can someone tell us exactly what parts/part numbers are needed to have a fully functional auxiliary switch panel?

Based on reading the last 8 pages:

6 Aux Switches - m2dz-13d730-ha
Trim Panel - m2dz-78519a70-jc
Wire Harness & Distribution Fuse Block - PN ???
Other parts???

I'll be glad to do full comprehensive write-up on installing if someone can answer the question in a single, concise response.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the tip. I am looking to keep the install OEM specific for this one item & imagine there's others who are looking to do the same.
I understand. I tried the same thing as well. The install after production has a lot of steps and many pricey parts, then the wiring is the biggest PITA. This is why i went the AUXBEAM route.

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sharing the below for the benefit of others. If everything I've read/researched is correct, it would seem that the A1-A6 unterminated leads are just outputs from the power distribution block. So it would seem that a new wire chase/harness would be need to be added to connect the switches to the power distribution block, thus completing the circuit that controls these outputs & facilitate the addition of the OEM switches. Now whether or not Ford actually has that available remains to be seen.

Ford Bronco Installing overhead aux switches after sales? ZomboDroid 23122021101218

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Came to this thread hoping to get a quick answer and after 8 pages of reading, I'm still unclear on what is needed to add the 6 aux OEM switches in place of the sunglass holder (tons of unnecessary comments).

For the benefit of the greater cause, lets assume nobody has pre-wiring from the factory. Can someone tell us exactly what parts/part numbers are needed to have a fully functional auxiliary switch panel?

Based on reading the last 8 pages:

6 Aux Switches - m2dz-13d730-ha
Trim Panel - m2dz-78519a70-jc
Wire Harness & Distribution Fuse Block - M2DZ-14335-C
Other parts???

I'll be glad to do full comprehensive write-up on installing if someone can answer the question in a single, concise response.
Adding that the correct harness is part M2DZ-14335-C. Steps to getting closer....

BVan604

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Following.....now, if only someone with the switches would tear apart their roll bar and a-pillar.to see where the wires go....
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.