Sponsored

Installing overhead aux switches after sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On your base Bronco did you see the wires in the engine area. On my outer banks I am seeing all the wiring through the truck I just need to verify where you did? Was the top piece easy to pop down I need to verify mine since I see wiring.
Please update if you check out the outer banks wiring! Also, how do you keep your Bronco so clean and spiffy? I wash mine and the next day it is filthy, but I do live offroad.
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After pulling the overhead trim I’m my base bronco, there are no wires or connectors ready for aux switches for direct plug and play. Save yourself $400+ to install after the fact.
D406E7EA-5BA1-4142-8C07-378821934DDA.jpeg
252035C2-4E8B-4C6C-9984-A517E671637F.jpeg
DE8552B0-C866-46EB-BD67-21962F59D73F.jpeg
F0F27287-EE33-47EA-A9F6-464C5F400DCC.jpeg
Shoot me your VIN, wanna check parts cat to see if your harness is different from mine that has switches.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

M2DZ-14335-C OVERHEAD CONSOLE W/DOME LAMPS/SWTCH, SUN VIS-DRV MIRROR INSERT/ILLUM, SUNVIS-PASS MIRROR INSERT/ILLUM, WITH ELECTROCHROMIC R/VIEW MIRROR, LESS EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE, EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE

This is BL with AUX.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On your base Bronco did you see the wires in the engine area. On my outer banks I am seeing all the wiring through the truck I just need to verify where you did? Was the top piece easy to pop down I need to verify mine since I see wiring.
I also have the wiring in the engine bay, driver side. That is what made me want to pull the upper trip to find a plug and play connection to the up fitter switches before spending over $400, just to return them later.

To pull the top trim, you have to pull the sun visors (2 screws each visor) then carefully pull down on the center of the upper trim. the outside separate trim parts are connected to the A pillar air bag cover, so don't yank on those. reverse process to re-install.

Being dumb about this, what would be needed to add a wiring harness there? I am assuming it's tons of work.
There is a lot of pulling trim and running brand new wires and connectors, that I have no idea where to look first, to even start that process. It may be easier to run an aftermarket switch block so you don't have to possibly mess with the BCM (Body Control Module) for factory parts.

https://www.amazon.com/DJI-4X4-Circ...ocphy=9021220&hvtargid=pla-671075336375&psc=1

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

M2DZ-14335-E
OVERHEAD CONSOLE W/INT DOME LAMPS, WITH NON-ILLUM SUNVISOR - DRIVERS, WITH NON ILLUM SUNVISOR - PASSENGER, WITH MANUAL REAR VIEW MIRROR, EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE, LESS EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

M2DZ-14335-E
OVERHEAD CONSOLE W/INT DOME LAMPS, WITH NON-ILLUM SUNVISOR - DRIVERS, WITH NON ILLUM SUNVISOR - PASSENGER, WITH MANUAL REAR VIEW MIRROR, EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE, LESS EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE
Yes sir, its the base of all bases lol

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No there is not a plug ready for the up fitter switches on my base bronco, I cant say for others.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Based on @NewBroncoOwner findings, no. My assumption is somewhere down one side of the A-pillar is a connector or some wires in the upper harness were omitted. If he has the aux wires under the hood then the first thing to do is see if any of the wiring is present where it connects to the upper harness and then try the other harness.

Usually, the wiring diagram will show different options but this section is specifically for "Customer Access" and not general like interior lighting. Sometimes you can infer it has wiring present like with trailer tow even when TT isn't factory installed.

If the under hood ends are there, one can trace them inside to see where they terminate and possibly find all that's needed us the upper harness.

Sponsored

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Outer banks has a wiring harness through the truck. I just need to pop that top section down to verify the plug and then I will order the parts
I do have the other wiring harness’ as well. Just not the aux switch plug and wires in the trim.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My Outer banks has a wiring harness through the truck. I just need to pop that top section down to verify the plug and then I will order the parts
I'll be curious to hear if you have the wire harness in the overhead console as I may want to add switches to my OBX when it arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.