Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couldn’t find any rear factory fog light threads, so here goes…anyone wire up rear fog/chase lights using the factory switch and harness?

Hoping for a tutorial or maybe some confirmation this works and where the harness to connect this to is located without having to trace and be the test dummy 😋

Special thanks to @flip and @drew707 for their efforts in confirming parts and their insight thus far!

Harness and switch pictured below.
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 6EED0EF3-FDC2-4063-9C5F-14E027CA7383
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 92855658-92A5-4C5C-9E84-298C399E376C

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness C06B0C6A-F474-4B78-B897-33C03D064B46
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Late to the party, so apologies ahead of time. I saw that harness in the parts system but it wasn’t clear to me what it was used for.

I’m guessing the rear fog lights only turn on when the vehicle is in reverse?? Or are the lights supposed to be red??

OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m guessing the rear fog lights only turn on when the vehicle is in reverse?? Or are the lights supposed to be red??
I do not know the answer to either Q, but the factory rear fog light has a red cover.

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 4769C53E-DDD0-49D2-8020-609D5EB3CC48

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Where do they go on the bumper?
I can help you wire them up

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Couldn’t find any rear factory fog light threads, so here goes…anyone wire up rear fog/chase lights using the factory switch and harness?

Hoping for a tutorial or maybe some confirmation this works and where the harness to connect this to is located without having to trace and be the test dummy 😋

Special thanks to @flip and @drew707 for their efforts in confirming parts and their insight thus far!

Harness and switch pictured below.
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 4769C53E-DDD0-49D2-8020-609D5EB3CC48

Sounds like a project. I just recently put this in on mine with a quick disconnect if I need to use the trailer hitch (probably very rare). The S1 baja in yellow or white really lights up the back. I rant it to my aux switch #6. https://mesocustoms.com/collections/exterior-accessories/products/hitchpod-combos. $140 and I was done. I went with this option because even when it is turned off or not in reverse I can just flip a switch and light up the area behind me or camping site.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where do they go on the bumper?
I can help you wire them up
Well, there is a replacement for the bumper, but I would rather wire to a different light, like the two white fogs I have left over from the Oracle triple fogs, and mount like you did on your Bronco. I would like to save an aux and use the rear fog from the factory switch.

Once I get some confirmation on it working, I will most definitely take you up on the offer to install 👊🥳

Here’s a pic of the “other” bumper where the factory rear fog light fits.

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 5AAC9942-60CC-4421-88D3-AA0AF1E3A752

OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like a project. I just recently put this in on mine with a quick disconnect if I need to use the trailer hitch (probably very rare). The S1 baja in yellow or white really lights up the back. I rant it to my aux switch #6. https://mesocustoms.com/collections/exterior-accessories/products/hitchpod-combos. $140 and I was done. I went with this option because even when it is turned off or not in reverse I can just flip a switch and light up the area behind me or camping site.
Thanks, thought about that as an option. I have Curt hitch but would need to wire as I didn’t buy the 4pin harness. Really will only use as recovery point and possibly bike rack at this point, so no plans to purchase hitch harness in the near future, if at all.

I am really hoping to use the rear fog switch (which I already have) and rear fog harness, which I would buy if I can get confirmation it would work with any light other than the factory rear fog (knowing the connector will need a pigtail)

cyberfalco

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK, 2000 Ram 2500, 1993 FZJ80, 1994 FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As soon as my light shows up, I can provide more info. The one I ordered should be here and installed this weekend.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds good. I have seen some brackets that will mount lights to the bottom of your hitch then you could just run a wire harness with a separate switch/button on the inside to use them for fog or anything else if no aux switch.

OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds good. I have seen some brackets that will mount lights to the bottom of your hitch then you could just run a wire harness with a separate switch/button on the inside to use them for fog or anything else if no aux switch.
I have the aux switches and have 4 still available. Some I have plans for, but not all. I stingily do not want to use it for this application but will if I can’t use the factory switch and harness 🤪 Thanks again for your help 👊

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As soon as my light shows up, I can provide more info. The one I ordered should be here and installed this weekend.
Looking forward to your reply. Thanks and happy wiring!

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Late to the party, so apologies ahead of time. I saw that harness in the parts system but it wasn’t clear to me what it was used for.

Hello Bryan,
The rear fog switch on the dual fog headlamp switch is for countries that require the rear fog to be on while driving. The harness with sensors shown above plugs in at the rear of each rear wheel arch and has a 2 pin connecter that goes to the rear fog lamp assembly. This is for a metal bumper with sensors, to get the hole/ opening for the rear fog, Flip can order the stamping for you and you can swap out all the pieces.

There is a good you tube video on removing a Badlands rear bumper that ll go look for and add the link here. Its just two harness plugs and 6 bolts to pull the entire bumper assembly. Then its 18 bolts to pull 5 inner plates before swapping out the sensor harness and starting back the other way.
Regards,
George

edit: go to the 2:30 second mark

Last edited:
OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello Bryan,
The rear fog switch on the dual fog headlamp switch is for countries that require the rear fog to be on while driving. The harness with sensors shown above plugs in at the rear of each rear wheel arch and has a 2 pin connecter that goes to the rear fog lamp assembly. This is for a metal bumper with sensors, to get the hole/ opening for the rear fog, Flip can order the stamping for you and you can swap out all the pieces.

There is a good you tube video on removing a Badlands rear bumper that ll go look for and add the link here. Its just two harness plugs and 6 bolts to pull the entire bumper assembly. Then its 18 bolts to pull 5 inner plates before swapping out the sensor harness and starting back the other way.
Regards,
George
Now we’re cookin with some bacon grease! Thanks!

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ve hook my ditch lights up to the rear fog light switch since I don’t have six switches. You have to change things in forscan to enable them. It’s a white/blue wire that runs down the driver side sill plate. One plus is with the factory switch you get an icon on the dash reminding you it’s on.
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 341506B8-62DE-4498-9FE9-AB8BD3431B72
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness C7B135C0-28AA-41A0-9184-F6C06719418C

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Nope headlights /park lamps need to be on but you can use them at any speed. At least I can use my ditch lights that I have wired to the rear fog wire at will.
Sponsored