Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve hook my ditch lights up to the rear fog light switch since I don’t have six switches. You have to change things in forscan to enable them. It’s a white/blue wire that runs down the driver side sill plate. One plus is with the factory switch you get an icon on the dash reminding you it’s on.
I enabled the front fogs, so figured the rear would have to also be enabled.

So if I tap into the blue/white, no harness needed…decisions, decisions. Thanks for your insight!
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe there was a separate area for the rear fogs to be enabled.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I enabled the front fogs, so figured the rear would have to also be enabled.

So if I tap into the blue/white, no harness needed…decisions, decisions. Thanks for your insight!
I haven’t added lights in the back yet, but this is what I plan on doing. I don’t see a reason to buy or use a whole new harness.

LagoCJ

Raptor
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRaptor and GMC Canyon AT4X
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So, the G version of the harness (there are many different letter versions that I found) has the parking sensor connectors for Lux pack, plus the rear fog connector? Assuming that I already have the front/rear fog-enabled switch installed, is all the other wiring between the dash and rear end already present (21 4dr FE)? Already done the Forscan to enable all the fogs, and I have the front fogs wired to a set of Baja modules in the Mod bumper. All good except the rear fogs and I am planning to use a set of Rigid SR-Qs mounted to the bottom of the bumper.

Thanks for the research!!

OP
OP
Cfield90

Cfield90

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco/22 Escape/01 Softail/90 Bronco (former)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, the G version of the harness (there are many different letter versions that I found) has the parking sensor connectors for Lux pack, plus the rear fog connector? Assuming that I already have the front/rear fog-enabled switch installed, is all the other wiring between the dash and rear end already present (21 4dr FE)?
Yes, that is my understanding. If going the harness route, you'd just need to swap out to the G harness. The caveat is there is likely one factory connector (for the one factory fog light w/red cover) that would need to be tapped and that likely is capped off like the fronts. You could splice the two lights together and then pin the supplied connector (most likely).

Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For folks running rear fogs, make sure you check your states laws. Most restrict the use of white lights in the rear except for reverse lights. All Euro rear fogs I've seen are red.

F-Spot

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla, FJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looking forward to someone doing this. I'm looking to add a pair of Rigid SR-L's to the rear factory fog button.

LagoCJ

Raptor
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This community continues to impress! For the question of rear fog color, NC_Pinz is right, they should be red and about the same brightness as the rear lights when the brakes are applied. They should be angled just like front fogs to cut 'under' the fog and be visible from behind, and only used in bad weather (otherwise, they look to cars behind you like you have your brakes on constantly).

The SR-Ls are a great option and waiting to hear if someone uses them for combo rear fog (red part) and backup/rear campsite lights (white part). I thought of adding the SR-Ls and hook the red to the factory G harness, and the whites to an AUX switch.

I got the front Baja's hooked to the factory front fog switch and did all the Forscan programming. AMAZING!! (The 4x4TruckLeds.com Ford to Baja jump wires were perfect!)

FreddyS

Badlands
First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve hook my ditch lights up to the rear fog light switch since I don’t have six switches. You have to change things in forscan to enable them. It’s a white/blue wire that runs down the driver side sill plate. One plus is with the factory switch you get an icon on the dash reminding you it’s on.
341506B8-62DE-4498-9FE9-AB8BD3431B72.png
C7B135C0-28AA-41A0-9184-F6C06719418C.png
What changes did you make in forscan for the rear fogs? I have installed the dual fog switch in my badlands and configured properly in forscan for the front, but I can't get the rear to work. I'm sure it's just a setting. I can't get the icon to show up on the dash for the rear either. The front is working fine. Any tips you have here would be greatly appreciated!

I'm planning on using a set of the backlit diode Dynamics 2 inch lights. Should be perfect for the rear bumper.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What changes did you make in forscan for the rear fogs? I have installed the dual fog switch in my badlands and configured properly in forscan for the front, but I can't get the rear to work. I'm sure it's just a setting. I can't get the icon to show up on the dash for the rear either. The front is working fine. Any tips you have here would be greatly appreciated!

I'm planning on using a set of the backlit diode Dynamics 2 inch lights. Should be perfect for the rear bumper.
I did everything in the plain English side. I think there were two settings. One In ipc (dash) and one in the bcm I believe. Both say rear fog enable if I remember correctly. The indicator.

Sponsored

FreddyS

Badlands
First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did everything in the plain English side. I think there were two settings. One In ipc (dash) and one in the bcm I believe. Both say rear fog enable if I remember correctly. The indicator.
Worked! Thank you! Now on to find the plug in the sensor harness! Many thanks!

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I spent significant time today disassembling a used metal rear bumper with sensors "without a rear fog light" to move everything over to a newly purchased "for rear fog light " bumper shell that utilizes the OEM rear fog light. The toughest part was removing the bumper cover that has a
" bazillion" clips/ tabs to squeeze in to remove said cover. The big surprise was finding a 40mm Torx bolt on each end hidden under the cover , that retains the end caps. The cover has to come off before you can access the bolts. IE; no slipping off these end caps and adding them back. I managed to successfully remove the cover , although I was at one point tempted to take a multi tool and just cut all those tabs off. It became more of a challenge to see if I could actually do it ??? vs waiting on a part. It is almost back together using a new harness and just need to run out to the Dealer in the morning for 2 mounting screws. I always enjoy these one day projects that aren't needed to get me up and running for work. I remember hating having to have something done in order to be back on the road. A water pump or brakes both come to mind ....or even worse a clutch and pressure plate . I am so, so glad those days are behind me. The pictures below are the 4 hours of slowly moving , nothing damaged, no pressure....JUST plain ole fun! I have a perfect rear bumper metal shell and deluxe harness if anyone is in need.
Warm Regards,
George

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness IMG_5696

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness IMG_5695

Last edited:

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just
I spent significant time today disassembling a used metal rear bumper with sensors "without a rear fog light" to move everything over to a newly purchased "for rear fog light " bumper shell that utilizes the OEM rear fog light. The toughest part was removing the bumper cover that has a
" bazillion" clips/ tabs to squeeze in to remove said cover. The big surprise was finding a 40mm Torx bolt on each end hidden under the cover , that retains the end caps. The cover has to come off before you can access the bolts. IE; no slipping of these end caps and adding them back. I managed to successfully remove the cover , although I was at one point tempted to take a multi tool and just cut all those tabs off. It became more of a challenge to see if I could actually do it ???vs waiting on a part. it is almost back together using a new harness and just need to run out to the Dealer in the morning for 2 mounting screws. I always enjoy these one day projects that aren't needed to get me up and running for work. I remember hating having to have something done in order to be back on the road. A water pump or brakes both come to mind ....or even worse a clutch and pressure plate . I am so, so glad those days are behind me. The pictures below are the 4 hours of slowly moving , nothing damaged, no pressure....JUST plain ole fun! I have a perfect rear bumper metal shell and deluxe harness if anyone is in need.
Warm Regards,
George

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness IMG_5695

the bumper no plastics? I’d have to price out how much all that would run. Be nice to get rid of the plastic we have.

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just

the bumper no plastics? I’d have to price out how much all that would run. Be nice to get rid of the plastic we have.
It’s too much money to build the whole assembly from pieces as there are 5 inner large metal plates as well. The shell would be great for someone that’s damaged theirs and needs a replacement. I started down the path of adding up all the piece parts cost and it was more than made sense.

LagoCJ

Raptor
First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I finished up the first stage of my rear fog install this weekend. Some tweaks to get things lined up, but its working off the factory headlight switch with front and rear fogs, and the rear fog enabled harness.
Note for Forscan programming: besides the two rear fog settings noted in this thread, I also had to disable the rear fog inhibit setting in Forscan to get them to turn on. Now they work and the dash indicator works as well!
Need a little alignment and blackout the upside down Rigid logo, otherwise good to go.

783911E8-1F56-4105-A1DA-D12B01991435.jpeg
Sponsored