Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

has anyone been able to locate this mysterious blue/white wire in the driver side rear bumper? I crawled under and didn't see ANY wiring except the wires to the rear bumper sensors.
Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

has anyone been able to locate this mysterious blue/white wire in the driver side rear bumper? I crawled under and didn't see ANY wiring except the wires to the rear bumper sensors.
...yes...

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 1669510427750

...but you might be looking in the wrong place? If you're looking in the harness on the bumper itself, it's not gonna be there unless you add the different harness.

If you look in the connector on the body side, it's there and can be spliced into at that point.

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

...yes...

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 1669510427750

...but you might be looking in the wrong place? If you're looking in the harness on the bumper itself, it's not gonna be there unless you add the different harness.

If you look in the connector on the body side, it's there and can be spliced into at that point.
I thought you only needed up add the different harness if you didn't have lux? What do you mean the connector on the body side? where is that?

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I thought you only needed up add the different harness if you didn't have lux? What do you mean the connector on the body side? where is that?
I've no idea about trim-dependent bumper harnesses. The blue/ white wire is available in the corner of EVERY Bronco, just not necessarily within the harness on the bumper itself. The point is it's there and can be tapped into, even without splurging on another bumper harness.

Crawl under your bumper on the driver side. Look up in the corner of the bumper. Follow the harness from the license plate light back to the corner...you'll find a connection...the connector on the harness coming from the vehicle body WILL have the blue/ white wire.

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks ... I'll look again - there' so much bracing and stuff, I didn't see ANY wires - not even anything I could see going to the license plate light due to all the reinforcements and stuff.. the only wires I could see were the ones going to the sensors in the bumper. I wish I could see a photo as reference

Sponsored

ksmich

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
thanks ... I'll look again - there' so much bracing and stuff, I didn't see ANY wires - not even anything I could see going to the license plate light due to all the reinforcements and stuff.. the only wires I could see were the ones going to the sensors in the bumper. I wish I could see a photo as reference
Short Answer you could.

The blu/wht Wire is in the body harness all the way to the rear DS corner of the vehicle at which point it ends in the connector (C424). you can tap into it there Or you can add the G Harness which extends the BLU/wht wire to the middle of the rear bumper (C436).

So the real thing is where are you picking up the wire. I see three methods:
1: Tap into the body harness at the DS rear Corner (Before C424)
2: Add a terminal to the existing harness/connector (At C424)
3: Add G harness and tap/splice into the bumper Harness (Before C436)

it all Really depends on what level of modification to the vehicles wiring you are willing to do.

Personally I don't like Cutting, Splicing, Tapping the main harness so I added the G Harness and cut into that. that way if anything goes wrong I can reinstall the factory harness or replace the G harness.

The wire is not in the bumper in any NA vehicle unless you add it.

DRC

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 1670605864314

Can I get the part number for this headlight switch?

ksmich

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Installing Rear Fog/Chase Light Using Factory Switch & Harness 1670605864314

I did my rear fog install today. I installed the factory Rear Fog Harness (M2DZ-15K868-G*) in the bumper. I also installed the Front/Rear fog switch (M2DZ-11654-CB) in the dash.

To connect to the rear circuit I crimped on a 2 pin Deutsch connector and built a harness to distribute to the lights.

I used the low power circuit (R/W wire on rigid Harness) for the Fogs with plans to connect brake lights to the high power (Red wire on Rigid Harness) for now I just stubbed it out, but I would change the Deutsch to a 3 pin if/when I do it.

Ran my custom harness along the factory harness to both sides of the bumper.

Links to all parts:

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/parking-distance-aid-sensor-wire-14758343-1?pdp=y

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/headlamp-switch-14868567-1?pdp=y

https://www.rigidindustries.com/sr-q-series-diffused-rear-facing-high-low-sm-red-set-of-2-90163.html

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/kr-off...ount-light-for-ditch-light-a-pillar-brackets/

https://www.deutschconnectorstore.com/deutsch-dt-series-connector-kits.html

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Rear Config is almost the same as the front just another DID, I found this on another thread.

as for the harness it replaces the factory harness for the bumper (not the tail light). the body harness to the rear is wired (at least on mine it is) to connector C424.

I suppose one could add a pin to the bumper harness that comes from the factory
with terminal EU2Z-14421-BA. and use the shared ground with the license plate light. Driver side bumper connector.

@4x4TruckLEDs.com it looks like on all trims the blue/white wire can be intercepted at this connector on the driver side of the rear bumper. Any chance you could produce a harness to tap into it here for folks looking to add lighting to the rear?

Rogueshark18

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT, 1969 F100 4x4, 1969 Mustang Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So to the guys who replaced the factory harness with the G harness, how much of a pain was it? Did the bumper need to come off or was it just a few minutes laying on the ground undoing clips?

Sponsored

ksmich

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So to the guys who replaced the factory harness with the G harness, how much of a pain was it? Did the bumper need to come off or was it just a few minutes laying on the ground undoing clips?
I’d say 3/10 pain, had to remove the bumper, it is 6 bolts and 2 body harness connections.
You might be able to do it if you don’t have the hitch, but I haven’t seen one without the hitch

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

M2DZ-11654-CC

Only works with High and Lux. Ordered today and shipped already.​

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all, I have lux. Is this blue and white wire all I need to find (in addition to the hardware switch and forscan) to get this to work? Or do I need to buy this harness the OP wrote in his first post?

69BlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Flo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, there is a replacement for the bumper, but I would rather wire to a different light, like the two white fogs I have left over from the Oracle triple fogs, and mount like you did on your Bronco. I would like to save an aux and use the rear fog from the factory switch.

Once I get some confirmation on it working, I will most definitely take you up on the offer to install 👊🥳

Here’s a pic of the “other” bumper where the factory rear fog light fits.

I’m considering adding the fog light and the oem bumper and wiring. What is the best place to order these parts? There are several that offer them online but not sure about stock and some don’t ship the bumper.

ksmich

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m considering adding the fog light and the oem bumper and wiring. What is the best place to order these parts? There are several that offer them online but not sure about stock and some don’t ship the bumper.
Personally I am a fan of Parts.Ford.com for large items you can have shipped directly to a nearby dealer and pay no shipping.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/b...ts-rear/rear-bumper-assembly-14759173-1?pdp=y

Tip on that The dealer sets pricing, so shop around. I have seen where some local dealers charge much over and others much under MSRP for the same parts.
Sponsored