Sponsored

Installing Sasquatch Package After Purchase?

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey guys,

Been lurking around for a little while now and was wondering if anyone thinks you will able to add a Sasquatch package later down the road? Or will it kind of be like a Macbook Pro thing and is only available at the time you initially build it?

Have a 4dr BD reserved and I am going back and forth on the sasquatch package and curious if I can just go back to Ford and add it later.
Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I doubt it but if they did you wont like the price. Unless you have a Badlands or above it requires a whole new front drivetrain.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been wondering this exact same thing, sort of.

I'm trying to think of what I'd have to do to essentially DIY a mansquatch.
Seeing as the only reason you cant get it from the factory is the lack of the ability to have "Trail Control and Trail turn Assist" because of the manual tranny, what else would you have to add to get awful darn close to a squatch? The upgraded front axles? Poisiton sensitive shocks, 35's. 2" lift? What else?

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The parts have to be available to buy as replacement for repairs, etc. so I imagine you would be able to buy them but aftermarket will probably be a better option.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There is a lot of crazy talk in this forum. Add it later? Really?

Here is some advice. You have a year before it you have to pay for it so get a 2nd job.

Sponsored

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is a lot of crazy talk in this forum. Add it later? Really?

Here is some advice. You have a year before it you have to pay for it so get a 2nd job.
I can afford squatch now, but it looks like money is irrelevant if I want a manual transmission with it. My 2nd job may go toward building something better than a squatch....

OP
OP
Vinny6G

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I can afford squatch now, but it looks like money is irrelevant if I want a manual transmission with it. My 2nd job may go toward building something better than a squatch....
Same. The stock BD was the first one to catch my eye, but now seeing how it looks sasquatch'd, I'm torn. Not a money issue, just want the best of both worlds.

But with all the new features Ford is adding, it may not be as simply as throwing an lift and 35s on it myself down the road.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same. The stock BD was the first one to catch my eye, but now seeing how it looks sasquatch'd, I'm torn. Not a money issue, just want the best of both worlds.

But with all the new features Ford is adding, it may not be as simply as throwing an lift and 35s on it myself down the road.
Brother here is my two cents, for what it's worth. The lockers will cost at least $500 each. The two inch lift will probably cost $2k+ unless Rough Country comes out with a $1100 option like they have on the F150. The 35s will cost $1300+. Aftermarket wheels could be anywhere from $1k-$5k depending on the option you want to go with. All of that being said puts you well above the $5k for the Sasquatch and you lose Trail Turn. I wouldn't be concerned about the Trail Control as it's a driver nanny. I would go with the Squatch and then if you want to go higher in the future, you are building on an already solid foundation with the functionality that you probably want. Add 37s and you'll have a ballin' ride in the future.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
If you’re choosing the manual over squatch, then you’ve made the right choice. ? Shame on Ford for making us have to choose. Manquatch needs to become a reality very soon!

OP
OP
Vinny6G

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Brother here is my two cents, for what it's worth. The lockers will cost at least $500 each. The two inch lift will probably cost $2k+ unless Rough Country comes out with a $1100 option like they have on the F150. The 35s will cost $1300+. Aftermarket wheels could be anywhere from $1k-$5k depending on the option you want to go with. All of that being said puts you well above the $5k for the Sasquatch and you lose Trail Turn. I wouldn't be concerned about the Trail Control as it's a driver nanny. I would go with the Squatch and then if you want to go higher in the future, you are building on an already solid foundation with the functionality that you probably want. Add 37s and you'll have a ballin' ride in the future.
I hear ya. Ive had lifted 2wd and 4wd trucks in the day (some with 37s) so I know it adds up. But, they been olderish trucks so it was just simply enough to crawl under it and do it myself. But yeah, with Trail Turn and all that, doesn't sound so easy.

I just have to weigh whether I like the look of the non-sasq vs the sasq. Good thing I have some time, I just love the look of both.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vinny6G

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you’re choosing the manual over squatch, then you’ve made the right choice. ? Shame on Ford for making us have to choose. Manquatch needs to become a reality very soon!
I thought about the manual too, just want to deter my buddies from driving it since they don't know how :ROFLMAO:

Denney78

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan skyline, and a Chevy nova
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I decided against Sasquatch as you can get a really nice setup from companies like total chaos that come with king or fox shocks and stronger control arms for like 1k more.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A lot of us are in the same camp. I would really like to test drive the manual with the 2.3 to see how it does. I'm probably going to do a base manual and build it up or get the squatch with the 2.7 auto.

OP
OP
Vinny6G

Vinny6G

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A lot of us are in the same camp. I would really like to test drive the manual with the 2.3 to see how it does. I'm probably going to do a base manual and build it up or get the squatch with the 2.7 auto.
That would be awesome to test drive both versions, really get a feel before pulling the trigger.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was turned off by the manual the second i found out it was not available with the 2.7. I would consider the manual IF the 2.3 had direct and port injection, but it’s direct only.
Sponsored