JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And then you got this, folks . . . I mean c'mon!

1652897767342.png

4 door comparisons:

1652897932517.png
Safari looks 10x better with the angle matching the roll bar and less cage.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so you have to do this every time you're at the grocery store? and then go thru putting it back?

can you post a video on easy this is?
I will say that it's just as easy and opens all the way to the top. Literally fold the retainer blade out on one side, pull the lower window retainer out, and the other side comes out on it's own.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More food for thought: I'll bet we can use a tonneau cover over the cargo area with the Bestop since it's up and out of the way. Not sure it would play nice with the factory top folded back and likely not compatible.

Ford Bronco Installing the Bestop Trektop Slant Back Soft Top on Our 2021 Ford Bronco 1652899076881

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will say that it's just as easy and opens all the way to the top. Literally fold the retainer blade out on one side, pull the lower window retainer out, and the other side comes out on it's own.
Yeah , itā€™s literally 10 seconds to get open and maybe 20 to close. Super simple.

AZBaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just my two cents:

Top fully up - Bestop is tighter and cleaner looking. Advantage Bestop
Top as far back as either goes - We bought Broncos for the full open air experience, not partial. Also cant go back into the garage without closing the Bestop. Advantage OEM
Safari - Honestly hate the look no matter what and would rather just use a sunshade than ever consistently run Safari. Given that, Bestop is cleaner. Advantage Bestop
Fully removed - OEM can be removed in a matter of a few bolts and it is my understanding the process is much more difficult and time consuming for the Bestop. Advantage OEM

For me the ability to go fully open or completely remove the top is my deciding factor.

Sponsored

Villagevip

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"68" "72" Broncos, sadly sold, back in the day
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Waiting to find out what's up, and down on the OME two door soft top.. Never seen a photo, or video of a two door Bronco OME soft top folded all the way down... In Florida, thats the way we roll... : )

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just my two cents:

Top as far back as either goes - We bought Broncos for the full open air experience, not partial. Also cant go back into the garage without closing the Bestop. Advantage OEM
Safari - Honestly hate the look no matter what and would rather just use a sunshade than ever consistently run Safari. Given that, Bestop is cleaner. Advantage Bestop
Fully removed - OEM can be removed in a matter of a few bolts and it is my understanding the process is much more difficult and time consuming for the Bestop. Advantage OEM

For me the ability to go fully open or completely remove the top is my deciding factor.
i didnt even think about entering the garage .... great point

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just my two cents:

Honestly, I think this thread is mostly geared toward those with a MIC top that want to add a soft top to their options, and not meant to be a This Top is Better Than the OEM Top That You Already Have on Your 4 Door. I'm betting they only had a softy to play with and swap out for the Bestop. Top readily available (or at all, like for a 2 Door) - Advantage Bestop

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Safari looks 10x better with the angle matching the roll bar and less cage.
THIS. I run safari nearly all the time. It looks awesome on the 2 door.

AZBaseSquatch

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Honestly, I think this thread is mostly geared toward those with a MIC top that want to add a soft top to their options, and not meant to be a This Top is Better Than the OEM Top That You Already Have on Your 4 Door. I'm betting they only had a softy to play with and swap out for the Bestop. Top readily available (or at all, like for a 2 Door) - Advantage Bestop
Gonna have to disagree a bit on that one...the first post is an install post from OEM soft top to Bestop, and the second post (which started us all down this rabbit hole) was requesting pros and cons of the OEM soft top vs Bestop.

Now that being said, you are spot on with the Bestop being actually available right now to anyone looking to make a change, and that DEFINITELY is an advantage to Bestop!! Cheers!

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So I know the Bestop doesn't fold all the way down like the factory soft top, but does it only have the one open position or does it have another open position that they just didn't show?

I actually love my factory soft top, not to wild on the fast back style of the best top but have to admit it sure looks a hell of a lot easier to pull the windows out than the factory one.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gonna have to disagree a bit on that one...the first post is an install post from OEM soft top to Bestop, and the second post (which started us all down this rabbit hole) was requesting pros and cons of the OEM soft top vs Bestop.

Now that being said, you are spot on with the Bestop being actually available right now to anyone looking to make a change, and that DEFINITELY is an advantage to Bestop!! Cheers!
As we all know, the softys are the easiest builds to get delivered and I'm betting that's all they had to "play" with for making an install video. But yes, someone did ask for a comparison so it invited in a discussion which really took the intent off on a tangent. It's a great install video, and the only option for a 2 door so hopefully it helps people still on the fence and maybe worried about the effort. For those with a 4 door MIC that want a soft top, hopefully our discussion helps as well.

Cheers!

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I know the Bestop doesn't fold all the way down like the factory soft top, but does it only have the one open position or does it have another open position that they just didn't show?

I actually love my factory soft top, not to wild on the fast back style of the best top but have to admit it sure looks a hell of a lot easier to pull the windows out than the factory one.
The windows do slide out very easily. I think it's just one open position, to allow open until behind the rear passengers (4 door):

Ford Bronco Installing the Bestop Trektop Slant Back Soft Top on Our 2021 Ford Bronco 1652905128171

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Waiting to find out what's up, and down on the OME two door soft top.. Never seen a photo, or video of a two door Bronco OME soft top folded all the way down... In Florida, thats the way we roll... : )
There is no 2 door OEM soft top. Ford sells the Trek Top as the optional 2 top \ accessory top for the 2 door.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really love the fastback look, and the flat window. The price tag keeps telling me no though. I donā€™t see myself folding the stock top all the way down anyway (havenā€™t yet). Just popping the front half back off for the drive home. I really think I wanna pull the trigger if I just had $1800 right now.
Sponsored