First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The inability to pop up the back to access rear cargo is a deal-killer here...I need to get into the cargo area daily. I do like the slant-back look, but the rear access and full fold-down to the back = OEM win.
Sponsored

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

so you have to do this every time you're at the grocery store? and then go thru putting it back?

can you post a video on easy this is?
On a wrangler, I just zip up the sides a few inches and there's usually enough space to get bags, etc. The Bronco tailgate is taller so there may be enough room to get things in pretty easily. It's not at all a big deal.

Seralan

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado 2500HD, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On my wife's JK the trektop is very easy to remove after folding it back. What makes it harder on the bronco?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

On a wrangler, I just zip up the sides a few inches and there's usually enough space to get bags, etc. The Bronco tailgate is taller so there may be enough room to get things in pretty easily. It's not at all a big deal.
Well its just a matter of convenience isn't it? that's why they put the lifting rod on back of the OEM top .... also for $35 or so you can install a pair of IAG piston rods that really make it easy.

I just dont see myself paying $1900 just for looks .... but that's MY opinion!

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow this install thread has really turned into a debate. 😂

I'm guessing that many of the detractors haven't actually used the Bestop, and are ingoring the facts that have been stated several times:

The rear window on the Bestop can be undone and lifted up (as pictured previsoly in this thread) in a matter of seconds. This is a fully open rear window.... Not partially propped up.

As far as removing it, it would take only 4-8 easily accessed bolts to remove the top (when folded back and windows out) if you just wanted to go topless. If you want to remove all the hardware before installing a different top, yeah you are looking at an hour or more.

Another benefit was a noticeable increase in headroom with the Bestop. It is very uncluttered on the interior side in addition to being a tighter fit on the exterior.

I like the features of the OEM, but honestly do not miss it at all.

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm guessing that many of the detractors haven't actually used the Bestop, and are ingoring the facts that have been stated several times:

The rear window on the Bestop can be undone and lifted up (as pictured previsoly in this thread) in a matter of seconds. This is a fully open rear window.... Not partially propped up.

As far as removing it, it would take only 4-8 easily accessed bolts to remove the top (when folded back and windows out) if you just wanted to go topless. If you want to remove all the hardware before installing a different top, yeah you are looking at an hour or more.

Another benefit was a noticeable increase in headroom with the Bestop. It is very uncluttered on the interior side in addition to being a tighter fit on the exterior.

LOL, I can just hear the guys at Stage 3 . . . I TOLD you we should have waited and done this video from a MIC top bronco!!!

@SamG This is all YOUR fault! 😂

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well its just a matter of convenience isn't it? that's why they put the lifting rod on back of the OEM top .... also for $35 or so you can install a pair of IAG piston rods that really make it easy.

I just dont see myself paying $1900 just for looks .... but that's MY opinion!
Geez …settle down with the all caps “MY”

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I hear you .... lol .... but we are just expressing opinions as the forum is meant to be.

One thing, is that even when you remove or undo the back window for access to the cargo area, you still have that horizontal bar in front of you!

Having said all, I really really like the looks of the Bestop .... now if they only offered it in Khaki !

OP
OP
Stage 3 Motorsports

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door 2.7L Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL, I can just hear the guys at Stage 3 . . . I TOLD you we should have waited and done this video from a MIC top bronco!!!

@SamG This is all YOUR fault! 😂
All I try to do is bring you product info and this is what I get? 😭

Seriously though as stated above is this is what the forums are for But its good to see a mix of opinions and also reviews from those who own it.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All I try to do is bring you product info and this is what I get? 😭

Seriously though as stated above is this is what the forums are for But its good to see a mix of opinions and also reviews from those who own it.
I purchased mine through you, and will continue my support to anyone that will listen 😅

Sponsored

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

They have a point. I mean, how awesome is it that when at the supermarket, they can open the rear window about 12" so so their grocery bags fit? :ROFLMAO: We chose a 2 door because the grocery bags don't fit.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear you .... lol .... but we are just expressing opinions as the forum is meant to be.

One thing, is that even when you remove or undo the back window for access to the cargo area, you still have that horizontal bar in front of you!

Having said all, I really really like the looks of the Bestop .... now if they only offered it in Khaki !
Are you talking about the Bestop? Can you illustrate this? I don't have a bar in front of mine when the window is out of the way (see the first pic I posted on page 1)

ericwmedic

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Focus RS NB
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My questions all along, regarding the Trektop vs the OEM softy, is this;

How hard is it to transition between a hard top and a soft top, and which is easiest between the two currently available options?

The Wrangler JKU Trektop NX that I had on my 2017 was super easy to remove completely. I had it down to about 10 minutes and it required tools whatsoever. Any brackets that required tools to remove could stay on the vehicle and the hard top would slide over without interference.

I understand the vehicles are completely different, but I'm looking for closest equivalent. I ordered with the MIC top, but I hope to be able to seasonally switch between that and a soft top. The fewer people and wrenches I have to involve, the better.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that the only "One Thing?" lol...... The horizontal bar pulls out and flips up with the window. It's the OEM top that leaves the bar with the rear window removed. If Bestop decides to offer the rear gate glass hatch window that they have on some Jeeps, these opinions will explode quickly.

Last edited:

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My questions all along, regarding the Trektop vs the OEM softy, is this;

How hard is it to transition between a hard top and a soft top, and which is easiest between the two currently available options?

The Wrangler JKU Trektop NX that I had on my 2017 was super easy to remove completely. I had it down to about 10 minutes and it required tools whatsoever. Any brackets that required tools to remove could stay on the vehicle and the hard top would slide over without interference.

I understand the vehicles are completely different, but I'm looking for closest equivalent. I ordered with the MIC top, but I hope to be able to seasonally switch between that and a soft top. The fewer people and wrenches I have to involve, the better.
Jeep has Ford beat in this dept. In the end MIC to either top will be a tie. Placing the assembled soft top over the vehicle will require a second set of hands.
Sponsored