Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you talking about the Bestop? Can you illustrate this? I don't have a bar in front of mine when the window is out of the way (see the first pic I posted on page 1)
YES, now I see it .... so is that bar attached to the back window? or is removing it an extra step?
Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

YES, now I see it .... so is that bar attached to the back window? or is removing it an extra step?
It's attached, no extra steps.

You know what's in the way with the OEM top folded all the way back?

A big pile of OEM top.

Go ahead and open the tailgate and tell us how awesome this is:

Ford Bronco Installing the Bestop Trektop Slant Back Soft Top on Our 2021 Ford Bronco 1652984025235

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is that the only "One Thing?" lol...... The horizontal bar pulls out and flips up with the window. It's the OEM top that leaves the bar with the rear window removed. If Bestop decides to offer the rear gate glass hatch window that they have on some Jeeps, these opinions will explode quickly.
I actually contacted Bestop and asked about exactly that! They responded, "Not at this time"!

But I am waiting for it .... the one for the Jeep comes with a window washer too if you option it ... Pretty cool stuff!

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It's attached, no extra steps.

You know what's in the way with the OEM top folded all the way back?

A big pile of OEM top.

Go ahead and open the tailgate and tell us how awesome this is:

Ford Bronco Installing the Bestop Trektop Slant Back Soft Top on Our 2021 Ford Bronco 1652984025235
If i park it somewhere for a minute i always put the top up .... with the IAG lift assist its super quick and easy ...... i dont even latch it in unless its really windy or something

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually contacted Bestop and asked about exactly that! They responded, "Not at this time"!
My money says they will. They want to sell tops now, they will need to produce options to meet growth.

Sponsored

okccj

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Cadillac SRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well its just a matter of convenience isn't it? that's why they put the lifting rod on back of the OEM top .... also for $35 or so you can install a pair of IAG piston rods that really make it easy.

I just dont see myself paying $1900 just for looks .... but that's MY opinion!
I did pay $1700 just for looks. My dealer talked me into ordering a soft top to get it quicker, so I did. But a few weeks later I went in to change my order to a hard top, but was surprised to learn I already had a VIN so no changes.
I bought my bronco for its looks, so spending money to improve the look was worth it, to me.

OP
OP
Stage 3 Motorsports

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door 2.7L Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used the promo code to get 10% off.
The code can be found in the top pinned comment of this video:
Or you can message me and support the forum Sponsor and the one that posted the thread :rolleyes::rolleyes:

zgoods

Badlands
First Name
Zgoods
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Trektop was the best descision I ever made for my Bronco. My factory soft top rattled like hell and I couldn't stand the wet diaper looking windows. Bestop wraps the bow bars, added storage bags up front, is significantly quieter and will last longer so its not just looks.

This whole rear window debate...OEM rear windows have to be showing creases after repeated use because it folds in on istelf. Bestop just rolls up, no bends.

idobleedblue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installing my Trektop this weekend (to seasonally replace the MIC top). I wanted the best of both worlds with the hard top and a soft top. I can't get over the look of the soggy, saggy OEM soft top. I know looks are subjective, but IMO the Trektop hands down looks better. The OEM soft top I test drove was noisy in the up position, was floppy and hung down low in the down 1 position, and blocked the rear view in the down 2 position. Maybe it was just the one I was driving and they aren't all like that, but it was enough to turn me off to the idea of the OEM top.

So no... it wasn't $1,700 for just looks (though looks played a major factor in my decision). From everything I have seen and read... the Trektop is tighter, quieter, isn't as easily affected by heavy cross winds, and I love the fact that the rear doesn't just prop up a few degrees and instead folds completely up in a few seconds for much greater access.

Ford Bronco Installing the Bestop Trektop Slant Back Soft Top on Our 2021 Ford Bronco 1652996741493

I've seen plenty of people who have swapped the OEM soft top with the Trektop and haven't seen a one yet say that was a bad decision, so I would say no this Trektop isn't just geared towards people with hard tops.

Sponsored

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Am I the only one who thinks the slant back tops look rediculously weird?? I like the boxy look of the oem bronco and jeep tops....also I feel like im the only one who absolutely loves the oem top...I added the aig struts and love it that much more.....is the bestop quality that much better to justify changing out? I can see if your oem top broke or if you drive it home in 80 mph winds for several hours.

Babyzak

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler, 2010 Camaro,2022 4 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For me..I like the look of Bestop better..but i bought Bronco for full open top .either folded all way back or totally off. So until some onw builds a better top that allows full open air i will stick with OEM . I will trade wavy windows for full open air, because with full open top wavy windows are out anyway. But to each there own..YOU DO YOUR BRONCO..I DO MINE..

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I definitely plan on buying a Bestop for my bronco when I get it. Pretty sure I won't notice it sitting on the top of the rear crossbar when I'm driving, not even in the rearview mirror.

DeLo

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator 392, 2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It only takes a matter of seconds to pop out the side retainers and then swing the rear window out from the bottom and toss it on top. Then you have more loading height freedom than the factory tilt.

Ford Bronco Installing the Bestop Trektop Slant Back Soft Top on Our 2021 Ford Bronco 88697124-D9C8-4B6C-BD89-3F1321E6CD52
EXACTLY!!!
It is sooo much easier then the “propping the hood open” version of the factory soft top! I’m not so sure mine is as quiet as the factory, but so much more user friendly and aesthetically appealing - to me anyway...🤷🏻‍♂️
Sponsored