First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, DEI (Viper, Clifford, etc.) has a 12v backup battery option. (DEI 520T) It's easy to slide under some lifted vehicles to cut the ground from the battery at the frame. On our Jeep, there's no hood lock and the latches are on the hood. Even then, with the doors off, they'd have access to a hood release anyway. A good installer would need to identify and isolate the constant power to the factory alarm module. Another option would be to add an actual DEI alarm module with a T-harness adapter designed specifically for the Bronco. This will also sound the alarm the moment the battery is disabled.

I've read this thread a couple times today and it's still not clear to me what the "Perimeter Plus" module actually adds. I have a hard time believing it just adds shock and tilt sensors to the factory "modular security system". Since the doors come off, I'm hoping it adds a proximity radar as well, so if someone is too close it "warn away" chirps, or goes into full siren if someone reaches in to the cab area. We have this feature on the Jeep and it works amazingly well after an hour of fine tuning.
If the Plus module doesn't have a proximity sensor, we're going to just add the Viper/Bronco adapter w/T-harness and the DEI 508D proximity module, a 520T backup battery for the main system and a DEI 515R mini siren w/built in battery inside the cab.
We've tracked our Bronco to our local rail yard, just waiting for it to make it to the dealership now.
Thanks to the OP for this thread, I assumed all features were included because of the widow sicker too, but after some searching learned it's a modular system and some features are sold separately 🙄.
I believe the "Perimeter" claim of the system is just marketing. There is no radar device that comes with it. It's working directly off movement.
Sponsored

BroncoB

First Edition
First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thanks for the write up. I bought one last year and never got around to installing it because I thought it would be much more involved and programming. I just didn’t have the time to try to figure it out then I forgot all about it til now.

DEFCON 1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, from every I can gather, the Bronco has a standard built in keyless entry, like most vehicles, if doors are opened, the horn honks. If the doors are off, then nothing happens when someone gets in and snoops around.
The Perimeter plus module adds a dual stage shock sensor, so if set sensitive enough, it'll honk if it detects "vehicle movement", not movement around the vehicle. So you're upgrading a keyless entry into a very basic "alarm system", without siren.

So anyone looking to add real security and convenience, a system like Viper is still a better option. The new systems are flashed to work with the factory system, use T-harness adapters for a clean install, and allow owner to add useful accessories.

The most useful benefit of a true perimeter or "Proximity sensor" (Dei 520T), is keeping your neighbor's cat from pissing on the seats when your doors and top are off. 😂

Sponsored

Shamalama86

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 3.5L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It was almost $300. CDN. It took me two hours to do it. With the pro alarm if someone tries to tow it, hit it, steal something off of it the alarm will go nuts.
Awesome thanks!

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is me already worrying about Bronco that I don't even have
SAVED!

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered the parts per numbers posted. Worked out just fine. With his install directions it’s about a 15 minute project for the module. Have to go pick up the led tomorrow.

The hard plug can be reached if you have a set of small hands available while mounted. Posting a pic of the plug. Not sure if you can get zip ties on it while still mounted.

Yes it does work with the doors off. Climbing in will not set it off. But a smack or knee bump will chirp the horn.
After it’s armed and you set it off it will time out and rearm. When you go out and hit unlock it will honk twice to tell you it was set off.

Thanks again for finding the parts and the write up! Much appreciated
Ford Bronco Installing the Perimeter Alarm Plus — DIY How-To Writeup 9249770E-2220-4374-A720-1A189D1034C1
Ford Bronco Installing the Perimeter Alarm Plus — DIY How-To Writeup 36728159-A1D7-40A9-B2B7-A7A41B30B0B5
Ford Bronco Installing the Perimeter Alarm Plus — DIY How-To Writeup 981AB56C-A9D5-4128-A29A-C4B28CD0A186

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does the Ford Perimeter Plus have tilt sensors? Wheel thefts in the DC/MD/VA area are at an all time high. I've seen so many cars left on scooters, crates, bricks or sometimes nothing at all. One person had their wheels stolen 3x in 6 months -_- I'm also worried about people going in Bronco (when its finally delivered) as well.

Sponsored

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the Ford Perimeter Plus have tilt sensors? Wheel thefts in the DC/MD/VA area are at an all time high. I've seen so many cars left on scooters, crates, bricks or sometimes nothing at all. One person had their wheels stolen 3x in 6 months -_- I'm also worried about people going in Bronco (when its finally delivered) as well.
where in the DMV are you seeing this?

this activity seems to be under the radar in the local news

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t believe so. But it’s sensitive enough it will go off if they tried it.

More firmly that box is mounted to the module, more sensitive it would be. I can set mine off with a medium/hard (before it hurts) palm punch on the outside roll cage. That’s at its lowest setting.

I’ll go out and start kicking it when I get from work and report the findings.

On a side note, this enables remote start via lock unlock sequence. NO START BUTTON NEEDED! Someone get going on that smaller remote! Please!

Last edited:

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

where in the DMV are you seeing this?

this activity seems to be under the radar in the local news
It's happening everywhere throughout the DMV, even with wheel locks.
Here are several sources:

https://wjla.com/news/local/dc-poli...our-wheels-tires-vehicles-parked-honda-toyota

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...theft/65-e2f29202-e597-4155-b764-e2476845b0be

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/car-rim-and-wheel-thefts-are-rising-across-dc

https://www.hillrag.com/2019/02/12/rash-of-wheel-thefts-on-hill/

FYI Toyota and Honda's are the hotest targets.

My dad told me not to store the wheel lock key in the car as well.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
The documentation for this shows

• Upgrade to One-Way or Bi-Directional remote start.
I couldn't find any further info on this. Do you get notifications on your fob if the security system goes off with this? I know for myself I would want a notification if my system keeps going off.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's happening everywhere throughout the DMV, even with wheel locks.
Here are several sources:

https://wjla.com/news/local/dc-poli...our-wheels-tires-vehicles-parked-honda-toyota

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/...theft/65-e2f29202-e597-4155-b764-e2476845b0be

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/car-rim-and-wheel-thefts-are-rising-across-dc

https://www.hillrag.com/2019/02/12/rash-of-wheel-thefts-on-hill/

FYI Toyota and Honda's are the hotest targets.

My dad told me not to store the wheel lock key in the car as well.
all your examples are in DC, doesn't appear to be that prevalent in the general DMV
Sponsored