First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apologize if this has been answered and a stupid question; how does this module sense hands reaching in vehicle if "no" sensors around overhead light?

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apologize if this has been answered and a stupid question; how does this module sense hands reaching in vehicle if "no" sensors around overhead light?
It doesn't.
That would take one of the 'radar' proximity sensor things. Only see them in aftermarket alarms.
This only has a shock sensor in it.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh. Ok. Thanks.
Yeah it's a bummer. They kind of over sell it.
If you do want a system that will monitor like that, after market is the way to go.

It's been so long since I've had one I don't know who's around any more. Viper and Clifford used to be big. I think best buy sells CompuStar. Never had one of those.

Sponsored

Dean hintzman

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well the window sticker said perimeter alarm and technically it’s there but it’s just half of it. I looked around the this site and found a 10 page topic on which left me with some confusion and even more questions so I’m starting this new post on the perimeter alarm Plus to try and make it easier for others that might want to do this install.
I bought the perimeter alarm module and the optional LED light and harness( the part numbers are on the boxes pictured) Keep in mind these are Canadian part numbers so they might differ from the American part numbers.

Open your glove box. Theres a dampener to the right of the box that you can pull out from the box. There’s a push in tab on each side of the glove box that you need to push in on to release the complete box. Let the box swing down all the way then lift it off it’s hinge. Now you’ll see the perimeter alarm to the right of the opening. It’s all aluminum with two electric plugs in it. One small one close to the top. Push the lock tab on the plug and pull out.

Theres also a plug on the bottom of that box but it’s tough to remove But that’s the plug you need to get out for this installation. I removed the three 5/16th nuts and pulled the module up where I could release that plug.

Once that plug is removed take the small harness that came with the perimeter plus module and plug it into the oem module. The other end of the plug will be you pulled out of the oem module will plug into The perimeter alarm plus module. There’s also a tiny black plug that came with the kit that has a wire loop on it. Plug that into the new module as well. Before you install the led light you should wrap it in some electrical tape to help protect the harness as I did in the photo.
reinstall the oem back to its original position with reusing the 3 5/16 nuts. Hand tight will do.

I removed the right speaker grill and drilled a 1/8th hole then up to 9/32nd and install the lord light. Fish the wire to the side of the speaker and down to the perimeter alarm plus module and plug it in.

Please keep in mind there are very sharp edges up in that area, you can get injured and make sure you zip tie your new plus module like I did in the photo. Keep all other wiring away from those sharp edges by using more zip ties.

Before you install everything back in place you need to do one important task and that is to cycle the ignition first. Once you do that get out of the vehicle and with your remote and looking at your led through the windshield hit the lock button. The led light will blink fast for 20-30 seconds then blink slow. Once it blinks slow your vehicle is armed. Depending on the sensitivity adjustment that’s on the module you can test the system by hitting the wheel glass,… it should churp and hitting it again it will set the alarm off. To shut off the alarm simply hit the lock or unlock on the key fob.

I’ve gotten a lot of information from everyone one on this site so I wanted to see if I could contribute in some small way.
I hope this helps.
NOTE: NO PROGRAMING IS REQUIRED.

Ford Bronco Installing the Perimeter Alarm Plus — DIY How-To Writeup 9B302EF7-141F-4FAD-A838-62679235BCBE

Ford Bronco Installing the Perimeter Alarm Plus — DIY How-To Writeup 9B302EF7-141F-4FAD-A838-62679235BCBE

What are the proper final steps to cycling the iginition please.

OP
OP
Wildfire1

Wildfire1

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 GMC 4X4 / 2012 Mustang convert
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What are the proper final steps to cycling the iginition please.
Start The vehicle then turn it off. Get out of the vehicle and Arm your alarm.

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

my fellow firefighter while his vehicle was parked in firehouse parking lot had his catalytic converter stolen over night. He had an alarm. They cut the battery cable and stole the registration. Cant sell converter without registration. Honda accord. These guys dont care and most will have a firearm with a guy standing watch. Crazy times.
@$$holes, bet they will be the first to call 911 when they lite their house on fire. Who steals from a fire station parking lot!

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor - 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did this upgrade today. It was very easy so far as the plug n play part goes, but getting that module out was a PITA. No room to maneuver and difficult to get into a position to remove the 3 nuts. I didnt add the LED yet, but will do next time I have the bronco under the knife. I have a trailer brake controller to install next.

Ford Bronco Installing the Perimeter Alarm Plus — DIY How-To Writeup 1658506715372

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well the window sticker said perimeter alarm and technically it’s there but it’s just half of it. I looked around the this site and found a 10 page topic on which left me with some confusion and even more questions so I’m starting this new post on the perimeter alarm Plus to try and make it easier for others that might want to do this install.
I bought the perimeter alarm module and the optional LED light and harness( the part numbers are on the boxes pictured) Keep in mind these are Canadian part numbers so they might differ from the American part numbers.

Open your glove box. Theres a dampener to the right of the box that you can pull out from the box. There’s a push in tab on each side of the glove box that you need to push in on to release the complete box. Let the box swing down all the way then lift it off it’s hinge. Now you’ll see the perimeter alarm to the right of the opening. It’s all aluminum with two electric plugs in it. One small one close to the top. Push the lock tab on the plug and pull out.

Theres also a plug on the bottom of that box but it’s tough to remove But that’s the plug you need to get out for this installation. I removed the three 5/16th nuts and pulled the module up where I could release that plug.

Once that plug is removed take the small harness that came with the perimeter plus module and plug it into the oem module. The other end of the plug will be you pulled out of the oem module will plug into The perimeter alarm plus module. There’s also a tiny black plug that came with the kit that has a wire loop on it. Plug that into the new module as well. Before you install the led light you should wrap it in some electrical tape to help protect the harness as I did in the photo.
reinstall the oem back to its original position with reusing the 3 5/16 nuts. Hand tight will do.

I removed the right speaker grill and drilled a 1/8th hole then up to 9/32nd and install the lord light. Fish the wire to the side of the speaker and down to the perimeter alarm plus module and plug it in.

Please keep in mind there are very sharp edges up in that area, you can get injured and make sure you zip tie your new plus module like I did in the photo. Keep all other wiring away from those sharp edges by using more zip ties.

Before you install everything back in place you need to do one important task and that is to cycle the ignition first. Once you do that get out of the vehicle and with your remote and looking at your led through the windshield hit the lock button. The led light will blink fast for 20-30 seconds then blink slow. Once it blinks slow your vehicle is armed. Depending on the sensitivity adjustment that’s on the module you can test the system by hitting the wheel glass,… it should churp and hitting it again it will set the alarm off. To shut off the alarm simply hit the lock or unlock on the key fob.

I’ve gotten a lot of information from everyone one on this site so I wanted to see if I could contribute in some small way.
I hope this helps.
NOTE: NO PROGRAMING IS REQUIRED.

Ford Bronco Installing the Perimeter Alarm Plus — DIY How-To Writeup 1658506715372

Great post. Thank you! I have one on my 21 BadSquatch and I need to adjust the sensitivity. It goes off in parking garages (while I’m on the plane🤦🏼‍♀️), and if a loud motorcycle or truck goes by.
I have seen it in the glove compartment area.
So you know how to adjust it?

Sponsored

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the perimeter plus. My neighbor just had her catalytic converter stolen. I turned up the sensitivity just in case.
Then it stormed the next day and thunder from a lightning strike a couple blocks away set it off. :)

Just for reference, you can temporarily bypass the shock sensor by clicking unlock 3 times then lock. It’ll honk twice to indicate shock is bypassed. It will turn back on after cycling the ignition on and off once, so isn’t persistent.
You can? Wow! How did you learn this? I would like to know how to adjust the sensitivity and anything else I can about it.

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When looking right at the knob, clockwise for more, counter-clock wise for less.
Thank you sooooo much. It’s so sensitive and goes off way too much.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello, should I get this or is it impossible to adjust the sensitivity satisfactorily?
Sponsored