Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Insurance companies are getting more and more I tune with the build data and safety features. Only part of the rate is focused on the vehicle. Your risk score, location, age , how you use the vehicle and coverages all play a part too, so it will vary like everything else. I would assume that rates will be similar to a Jeep, at least until they get experience with the repair expense and other factors they can identify as specific or statistically related to the Bronco.

With bolt on fenders...I think that will be a positive for owners as those panels can be swapped out easily. If the tub is damaged the panels will cover some fairly sloppy work too. Airbags though...spendy SOB's. Lots of factors for sure, I would imagine if you have a bent frame Raptor in your history you might pay more than average.
Sponsored

Texas Sunshine

Base
First Name
Suzann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I bought my son a Subaru Crosstrek last spring and it replaced a 2014 Honda CRV. His insurance went down due to having the safety features with lane change etc. I believe if you get the mid package, the ins company may give you a discount. Please note: "May give you a discount". Four wheel drives usually have higher insurance premiums.

Last edited:

radiocontrolhead

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got quoted 3600 a year... what insurance company are you guys with? I'm in Los Angeles/ Sherman Oaks area

radiocontrolhead

Badlands
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I actually, went on Geico, and put a 4 door 2021 wrangler and it was about 800 for a 6 month premium which comes out to about 135/mo, I’m 21yrs old so idk if that’s high or low, idk if it will be similar but currently it might be the closest for insurance
What insurance company? Thats a really good rate

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I bought my son a Subaru Crosstrek last spring and it replaced a 2014 Honda CRV. His insurance went down due to having the safety features with lane change etc. I believe if you get the mid package, the ins company may give you a discount. Please note: "May give you a discount". Four wheel drives usually have higher insurance premiums.
Same experience with the safety discounts. I’m getting the features and turning them off. My insurance is $420 for half a year and I’m under 30yo.

Sponsored

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I actually, went on Geico, and put a 4 door 2021 wrangler and it was about 800 for a 6 month premium which comes out to about 135/mo, I’m 21yrs old so idk if that’s high or low, idk if it will be similar but currently it might be the closest for insurance
Jeez that’s low...mine is predicted to be $155/mo with USAA and I’m 25.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It also depends on what crash test ratings and safety features are optioned. I am not a fan of the nanny's but imagine they assist in lowering insurance costs. So here is to hoping for a 5 star crash rating...
Insurance companies do not take this into account. I have all the safety stuff on my Challenger and was told it makes no difference.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You fail to bring up Gap Insurance. Many are loading up their B/P wishlist. Unless they plan on having a significant deposit/trade-in, they will owe on their financing more than the vehicle is worth.
If you need GAP, then you should reconsider your purchase. Not smart to owe more in your new vehicle, than its worth 2 days after you drive it off the lot.

I usually put down close to 50%, some times part of that down is the trade.. I like to owe no more than 50% of MSRP. I am thinking my trucks trade value will be about 50% of the Bronco MSRP, maybe slightly more.

$350 every 6 months for me with USAA.
Have checked on Bronco insurance price. I'm with USAA. My 18 Grand Sport Corvette, 17 F-150 Platinum, and my wife's Range Rover Evoke cost 903 every six months to insure with USAA.

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
Jesus ****** my wife's record shot me up from $90 for just me to like $280 and it hasn't gone down in years. %#}*.
If you need GAP, then you should reconsider your purchase. Not smart to owe more in your new vehicle, than its worth 2 days after you drive it off the lot.

I usually put down close to 50%, some times part of that down is the trade.. I like to owe no more than 50% of MSRP. I am thinking my trucks trade value will be about 50% of the Bronco MSRP, maybe slightly more.

Have checked on Bronco insurance price. I'm with USAA. My 18 Grand Sport Corvette, 17 F-150 Platinum, and my wife's Range Rover Evoke cost 903 every six months to insure with USAA.
That's all well and good and conceptually I agree with you but from my experience selling hundreds of cars, the majority needed gap and most got it. Not everyone has many thousands to put down.

One Chinese student at Texas A&M didn't fully understand gap insurance at first but he barely decided to get it with a basic sedan to use while I finished grad school. Within a month he had driven it into his own apartment's living room naturally avoiding a roommate. He came back to see me and we had him in another brand new car in a couple of hours.

Sponsored

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Insurance companies do not take this into account. I have all the safety stuff on my Challenger and was told it makes no difference.
Depends on your insurance company. I got 20% off my quote with Progressive for having collision detection and Toyota Safe. $70 a month.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s interesting how much it varies by location and company. When people compare prices it’s really hard to understand the difference in what they have vs. company vs. Location. Just my educated opinion, but 1. Make sure you have a minimum of $100k liability and & $50k property damage coverage. I carry much more than that. Many of us should have $1M or more in umbrella coverage. 2. Understand your personal injury protection, how it coordinates with your health care coverage and the laws of your state. 3. Currently about 50% of total losses handled by insurance are worth less than the loan. Like many have said, try and avoid that situation, but if you have to finance a long note or you lease, at least be aware of what coverage is available. 4. Uninsured motorist. Way to many people don’t have insurance. This gives you coverage in a situation where the person that hit you should pay, but can’t and does not have coverage or doesn’t have enough coverage to pay the bills they are liable for.

I have seen lots of people surprised by all of these issues in 25 years in insurance.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Given we are crunching numbers on the heels of B&P - i got a prelim quote to replace my $40k Subaru Outback with a $54k 4 door Bronco, and the 6 month premium estimate only went from $407 to $505 (24% higher) compared to an MSRP 35% higher. They dont have trim details etc, but they plugged in the MSRP, 4 door, and safety tech/security features. I was prepared for this to be worse, especially given variables for removable top, etc. etc.

No need to focus on the $ amount, since that's HIGHLY variable for others, but as far as the %'ages go compared to my Outback, this seems like a good sign. Especially given how safe Subaru's are known to be, etc. I thought the premium would be much higher.

...unless i am comparing a COVID premium to a pre-COVID premium...
Sponsored

Last edited: