Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Given we are crunching numbers on the heels of B&P - i got a prelim quote to replace my $40k Subaru Outback with a $54k 4 door Bronco, and the 6 month premium estimate only went from $407 to $505 (24% higher) compared to an MSRP 35% higher. They dont have trim details etc, but they plugged in the MSRP, 4 door, and safety tech/security features. I was prepared for this to be worse, especially given variables for removable top, etc. etc.

No need to focus on the $ amount, since that's HIGHLY variable for others, but as far as the %'ages go compared to my Outback, this seems like a good sign. Especially given how safe Subaru's are known to be, etc. I thought the premium would be much higher.
Howd you get a premium estmate?
Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

chartzilla

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover Disco 2, '79 Corvette, '17 Elantra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I called my insurance provider...
Right but the car doesn't really exist yet, and the premiums are based on a lot more than just MSRP and safety features

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right but the car doesn't really exist yet, and the premiums are based on a lot more than just MSRP and safety features
I know. It was a preliminary quote.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sort of seems like this is just rough extrapolation based on the relative values of the vehicles.

Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A New Jeep Wrangler cost less for me to insure than a new Mustang when I was 21.
The removable top, the doors, the off road nature of it - I don't think insurance companies actually facture that in.

They are actually much more age/sex/race oriented. This is why the most expensive car to insure on average in this country is a subaru wrx sti. Not because its the fastest car out there - but because young, dumb white males tend to drive it.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Given we are crunching numbers on the heels of B&P - i got a prelim quote to replace my $40k Subaru Outback with a $54k 4 door Bronco, and the 6 month premium estimate only went from $407 to $505 (24% higher) compared to an MSRP 35% higher. They dont have trim details etc, but they plugged in the MSRP, 4 door, and safety tech/security features. I was prepared for this to be worse, especially given variables for removable top, etc. etc.

No need to focus on the $ amount, since that's HIGHLY variable for others, but as far as the %'ages go compared to my Outback, this seems like a good sign. Especially given how safe Subaru's are known to be, etc. I thought the premium would be much higher.

...unless i am comparing a COVID premium to a pre-COVID premium...
That’s really low especially in NJ. Who’s your insurance company?

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just quoted adding a Bronco to my policy with USAA. I currently insure a 2017 Toyota Sienna with full coverage, and my 2000 Land Rover Discovery II with liability only. My current 6-mo is $707, and adding the Bronco was estimated at $504. That’s about what I expected, and works for me.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Geico. Pretty decent coverage. But limited mileage 5k on one car, and 7.5k on the other car (although prelim quote for Bronco would only go up 2 dollars for 7.5k). Maybe 12k miles start to move the needle. Honestly, we probably put 7-10k collective miles between both cars and alternate every few weeks so the batteries dont die. Single-file driveways are the worst. We've been driving our volvo the most, and only put on 3k miles since picking it up 12.5 months ago.

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a brief Off-Topic conversation with @Hkak45 about bronco insurance comparisons within another thread, and I figured we could use such a topic.

I use Libert Mutual Insurance, have a clean driving record, no multiple policy discount, but one organization discount. I was quoted $1495 for a 4-door Badlands 2.3L Manual. This is for maximum coverage and a $1000 deductible. That some coverage costs me $1165 for a 2010 Tacoma. I have had no problem with claims, so I am ok with them.

I have tried cheaper insurance companies and saved money for a year or so, but the premiums always seem to rise back up.

It is always nice to see other options though!

Edit: I should mention that I live in Michigan now, and there were some crazy mandatory insurance coverages that increase my premiums relative to other states. That might be going away now, so I need to look into this for fair comparison.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Deleted member 15966

I've been with GEICO for approximately 25 years. My current policy (full coverage, $1000 deductible) is $989/yr for a 2018 Raptor SuperCrew and $655/yr for a 2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon soft top. While I do get a multi-vehicle discount, I also have 2 young drivers on my policy. I haven't obtained a Bronco quote from them yet, but I'm expecting them to be somewhere in between the 2 vehicles for the Bronco, with the Jeep coming off the policy at that point. In addition, GEICO has been fantastic with claims (couple of deer and one young driver parking lot accident) over the years. Interested to see what they come up with for my WildTrak!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Age and ZipCode are some of the main calculation factors used for rates. So there really is not a way to compare on a "Group" level. One person can have a super low rate with a clean driving record, and the next person can be super high, simply because of their Zip Code.

Utahjazzman

Badlands
First Name
BJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Each state has different requirements and companies have over sophisticated pricing to the point it’s almost impossible to compare even in the same zip code. I’m do know this from being in the insurance business for almost 20 years.. you get what you pay for just like everything else.

JonD

Wildtrak
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburu Outback
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Team,

Has anyone been able to inquire about approximate costs yet ? Im with USAA and they mentioned without VIN they cannot. Im also in Los Angeles which is usually on the high end. Wondering if anyone has been able to get an approximate rate ?

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I haven't been able to either. I've just been getting Wrangler 4 door quotes to get a general idea of how much it may cost.
Sponsored