First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 2018 Hyundai Tucson 1967 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is hard to get an idea from a forum unless you ask people close to your location. Insurance prices can be dramatically different from state to state.
Sponsored

ac360

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd inquired about it with my insurance for NorCal in August. Was told they will need VIN to give exact quote. But a ballpark figure for a Badlands 4Dr (MSRP ~$44K) will add ~$750/year @ 5k miles/year. I currently have 2 cars & home insured in a combined multi-policies with the usual discounts (good-driver, multi-policy, engineer, ..etc).

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

An insurance rate is only relative to what your coverage is. Someone could be paying 80$ for insurance but have almost 0 coverage and you could pay 400$/month and have so much coverage you could take out a airliner with your car and be ok.

insurance is going to cost what YOU need. That being said having a good insurancecompany is a plus, I have USAA and my insurance is only about 100/month with almost full coverage and a low deductible. But that isa great deal and mostcompanies wouldn’t offer that.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I asked my insurance guy what a 2dr Rubicon was, and said it was the same *for me*. My dad pays 1/3 as much as I do (age matters). So who knows exactly, but ask if your insurance provider can quote what a Rubicon with the safety package is to get a ROUGH (maybe) estimate

Daisy76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know insurance has many variables factored in to determine your coverage cost, but what are you expecting to pay for monthly insurance on this new vehicle? Are you planning on getting GAP insurance as well?
Is this actually a thread? If you need to ask this, then a new vehicle is not in the near future my friend! Take this advice, call your insurance and get a quote!!

Sponsored

Jhuff

Badlands
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is this actually a thread? If you need to ask this, then a new vehicle is not in the near future my friend! Take this advice, call your insurance and get a quote!!
So are you saying that only people who make enough that they need not worry about budgets should get a new vehicle?

I will be getting a new Bronco, but whether the insurance ends up being unusually high will determine whether I need to trade in one of my other insured vehicles.

Otherwise, I would have to reduce my savings, retirement contributions, or play money. Numbers are good to know and plan.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Before starting my own business I worked for a large ins company for 19 years.

Your question is almost impossible to answer. Your best bet would be to grab the VIN # of some random Jeep and ask for a quote.

As a group, no one can share an answer that would help someone else. Unless you live in the same zip, have the same driving record, credit score, etc.
Also, a quote now does not definitely indicate a future quote. So many factors involved in ins rates:

Zip/state
Fraud currently happening in said state and area you are in
Driving record
Do you bundle your home ins and auto
Do you have multiple vehicles
Safety features on the vehicle
Are you paying monthly or in full for your term
Your company could be shifting rates to make up for increase/decrease in profit

IMO, and this is just a guess, mine will not change much between my M4 and a Bronco. Might even go down a bit (all other above stated factors taken out of this vacuum) based on added safety feats my build has that my M4 does not.

Regarding GAP. Only get it if you think you will be upside down. If you are putting 20% or so down there is very little reason to pay for GAP.
Sponsored