Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know insurance has many variables factored in to determine your coverage cost, but what are you expecting to pay for monthly insurance on this new vehicle? Are you planning on getting GAP insurance as well?
Sponsored

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know that this question makes too much sense. Every state has their own insurance regulations. I can nearly guarantee that my insurance is more than most. Because... Michigan.

I figured I'd quote a policy change with my insurer and I just used the Wrangler as a fill-in. My insurance rates actually goes down for a Wrangler vs my Focus ST. I don't know what the reality will be, but it's not going to be enough to be a make-or-break factor for me.

As far as GAP insurance. It only makes sense if you expect to be upside down in your loan. I shouldn't end up there, so, no.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

GAP, in my opinion, is only worth it if you finance longer than 48 months and also put zero to little money down. Also worth it if you drive a lot. If you put 0 down on a 72 month loan and put 30k miles on it the first year, you're going to be wayyyy upside down.

OP
OP
privateer35

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GAP, in my opinion, is only worth it if you finance longer than 48 months and also put zero to little money down. Also worth it if you drive a lot. If you put 0 down on a 72 month loan and put 30k miles on it the first year, you're going to be wayyyy upside down.
Makes sense. I'm expecting to put at least 50% down, 48-60 month.

OP
OP
privateer35

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know that this question makes too much sense. Every state has their own insurance regulations. I can nearly guarantee that my insurance is more than most. Because... Michigan.

I figured I'd quote a policy change with my insurer and I just used the Wrangler as a fill-in. My insurance rates actually goes down for a Wrangler vs my Focus ST. I don't know what the reality will be, but it's not going to be enough to be a make-or-break factor for me.

As far as GAP insurance. It only makes sense if you expect to be upside down in your loan. I shouldn't end up there, so, no.
Interesting. I was looking to see what vehicle I could use to estimate the insurance cost. I will look into using the Wrangler as the surrogate.

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My general rule with GAP is if you're not putting down at least 20%, then you need it.

As far as insurance goes, you're probably going to want to go off of Wrangler/Gladiator rates. For some wild reason when I quoted ADDING a Gladiator to my policy, my rates actually went down.

Insurance is such a strange thing. Until these hot the streets we'll never know.

OP
OP
privateer35

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My general rule with GAP is if you're not putting down at least 20%, then you need it.

As far as insurance goes, you're probably going to want to go off of Wrangler/Gladiator rates. For some wild reason when I quoted ADDING a Gladiator to my policy, my rates actually went down.

Insurance is such a strange thing. Until these hot the streets we'll never know.
Good to know. Thanks!

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I pay $190 now for my 2018 Charger RT (25yo). I expect the Bronco to be the same with gap coverage.

Zinn

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2020 Ranger Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just bought a 2020 Ranger and the insurance is cheap, I think I’m paying about $120/month for both the Ranger and the Mustang GT. Given that the Bronco is about the same price to a little more expensive than the Ranger I doubt it will be that bad.

GAP insurance I’ve never bought because I always have done 48 month loans. For the Bronco, the long delay in delivery means I can hopefully save enough cash to outright buy it when the time comes. Fingers crossed!

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know insurance has many variables factored in to determine your coverage cost, but what are you expecting to pay for monthly insurance on this new vehicle? Are you planning on getting GAP insurance as well?
Best estimate is perhaps whatever you are paying for your current car. I would expect Bronco to be similar premium to 2020 Explorer (ask agent for estimate). Mine is about $30/mo each for Raptor and Explorer (GEICO):

Ford Bronco Insurance for the 2021 Bronco Capture.1JPG.JPG

Sponsored
OP
OP
privateer35

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Best estimate is perhaps whatever you are paying for your current car. I would expect Bronco to be similar premium to 2020 Explorer (ask agent for estimate). Mine is about $30/mo each for Raptor and Explorer (GEICO):

Ford Bronco Insurance for the 2021 Bronco Capture.1JPG.JPG
Those rates are stupid low. I'm paying $86/month @ age 24 for a 2009 Saturn Aura lol

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Those rates are stupid low. I'm paying $86/month @ age 24 for a 2009 Saturn Aura lol
Typically, when you turn 25, your rates will be cut in nearly half..... I went off high risk 3 months brior to my 25th Bday, rates dropped by more than 50%...then 3 months later they dropped by 50+/-% AGAIN ....I was in the military at the time....felt like my pay doubled or tripled!! LOL

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Typically, when you turn 25, your rates will be cut in nearly half..... I went off high risk 3 months brior to my 25th Bday, rates dropped by more than 50%...then 3 months later they dropped by 50+/-% AGAIN ....I was in the military at the time....felt like my pay doubled or tripled!! LOL
Yup, one of the very few benefits of age...

OP
OP
privateer35

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting... I'll have to see if the same will happen with mine when I turn 25 this October... Thanks!

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You may find that Bronco is about the same even though the value is higher. It also pays to shop around and be sure to ask for their best "discount" plans which they may not advertise.
Sponsored