Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Several weeks ago I went online to get a quote from current carrier for new Bronco, but the model wasn't listed yet. I checked again today, and the model is listed and was able to get a quote.
This is purely out of curiosity, and in no way factors into my purchasing decision.
The Bronco is listed, but not Bronco Sport (which I thought odd), and two options: 2-door or 4-door.
Keeping the same coverage as my current Sahara, the quote was 21 percent higher for the Bronco versus my current Sahara.
I feel like this exercise may be rather preliminary, as it didn't ask for specifics (other than 2-dr/4-dr) - like hard-top/soft-top, engine size, trim level, transmission, etc.
Sponsored

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Several weeks ago I went online to get a quote from current carrier for new Bronco, but the model wasn't listed yet. I checked again today, and the model is listed and was able to get a quote.
This is purely out of curiosity, and in no way factors into my purchasing decision.
The Bronco is listed, but not Bronco Sport (which I thought odd), and two options: 2-door or 4-door.
Keeping the same coverage as my current Sahara, the quote was 21 percent higher for the Bronco versus my current Sahara.
I feel like this exercise may be rather preliminary, as it didn't ask for specifics (other than 2-dr/4-dr) - like hard-top/soft-top, engine size, trim level, transmission, etc.

It will be a premium for simply not having a robust aftermarket of parts available to fix it... Not only will it be near impossible to get Ford OEM parts, but there will be nothing out for awhile... 21% higher? who knows till we get it in, this number will go down though as the cost to repair decreases.

Burndog

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No doubt the actuaries use the members of this forum to help determine their algorithm.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Many of us will want to shop around. Depending on what you have now and what model Bronco you get, it could be less expensive as well. We switched an 07 Dakota for a 20 Ranger and it went down about 10% due to the multiple ADAS features (advanced driver assistance system I think). Depending on your company, there are a ton of variables, but I expect the Bronco will be pretty similar to Jeep Wrangler until they get some experience with it. No quote means much if the carrier doesn’t collect all the needed info, but I’m sure we will see all sorts of different approaches.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Try Progressive

Sponsored

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I asked my Shelter guy in passing last weekend and his response was “Yea....it’s gonna go up, but it shouldn’t kill you.”

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well wife just bought a new 2021 Explorer and her rate went down from her 2012 CRV rate, do to the fact the Explorer has much more safety options on it.

I would imagine that my rate would be alot less then my 2002 F150 as well.

We have full coverage on both vehicles and use Safeco insurance. And as of Monday when I talked to them, they did not have the new bronco rate for me yet.

ilkhan

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well wife just bought a new 2021 Explorer and her rate went down from her 2012 CRV rate, do to the fact the Explorer has much more safety options on it.

I would imagine that my rate would be alot less then my 2002 F150 as well.

We have full coverage on both vehicles and use Safeco insurance. And as of Monday when I talked to them, they did not have the new bronco rate for me yet.
I just did a quick and dirty quote with Progressive, and it did the same for me. Slight decrease, even adding comprehensive, compared to my '12 Escape.

GiddyUp’21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander (2nd car while waiting 4 Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Many of us will want to shop around. Depending on what you have now and what model Bronco you get, it could be less expensive as well. We switched an 07 Dakota for a 20 Ranger and it went down about 10% due to the multiple ADAS features (advanced driver assistance system I think). Depending on your company, there are a ton of variables, but I expect the Bronco will be pretty similar to Jeep Wrangler until they get some experience with it. No quote means much if the carrier doesn’t collect all the needed info, but I’m sure we will see all sorts of different approaches.
The main reason the insurance cost will most likely go up overall is that the cost of replacing a new car is almost always more than a used one. Both repairs (new tech, fancy headlights etc) and when the vehicle is totaled. The safety features make accidents less likely but when they happen it’s more expensive for the insurance company. You usually can see this in the breakdown of the cost. Look at the lines for collision and comprehensive. Personally, I think a 15-20% increase is to be expected for a new car worth about 5 times the one I’m driving now.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The main reason the insurance cost will most likely go up overall is that the cost of replacing a new car is almost always more than a used one. Both repairs (new tech, fancy headlights etc) and when the vehicle is totaled. The safety features make accidents less likely but when they happen it’s more expensive for the insurance company. You usually can see this in the breakdown of the cost. Look at the lines for collision and comprehensive. Personally, I think a 15-20% increase is to be expected for a new car worth about 5 times the one I’m driving now.
It all depends. In MI the biggest part of the premium is liability. Since the ADAS features help reduce frequency and severity of accidents, in some cases it pushes the rate lower than the corresponding increase in material damage coverage in many instances. If your premium is more balanced or the material damage coverage is a bigger part of the premium, it could obviously be different. I was a licensed insurance agent for about 20 years and also supplied claims and underwriting data to the industry the last several years after that. One thing I can say for sure, it’s good to shop these days. The carriers are constantly tweaking rates and factors and the difference can be substantial! Bronco will probably have quite a bit of variation by company and location.

Sponsored

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got a quote through USAA, and it was only marginally higher than my 2017 Pilot. I assumed due to the comparative cost of the vehicles.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I had a brand new 2014 wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I was 24 at the time 0 tickets or accidents and was paying $500 for the year. Wranglers are considered wagons. Hopefully the bronco will be considered a wagon so insurance rates are cheap. I shop for insurance yearly and it has always yielded me cheap rates.

OP
OP
MyATV

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Try Progressive
Glad you mentioned them. I switched my Sahara over to them from Geico this week, and saved 48 percent for same coverage. Damn near half.

Blitzjb

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m a licensed agent. There is no way for you to currently get a quote on a full size bronco. You most accurate quote will happen once you have a vin #.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am really surprised at how reasonable the premiums for my Wrangler JL are. I'm hoping the Bronco will fall into the same category...whatever that might be.
Sponsored