First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How many aux switches needed for the various light configurations?
Sponsored

JP_Oracle

Base
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
How many aux switches needed for the various light configurations?
That is entirely up to you! There are separate wires for both the white and amber clearance lights to accompany the wires for the main light bar LEDs. So, the choice is yours!

imagine the wind whistle and drag increase.
Imagine it being non-existent :cool: - This was extensively tested & the lightbar really surprised us with how aerodynamic it is. Unlike the other options on the market, this doesn't allow for wind to pass through it, which is what causes the wind noise.

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the first i'm hearing about this using a different set of wiper blades? In the installation steps there is a step where we will require using a new set of windshield wipers blades?

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1661356728380

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh look, a prototype with an announcement, it actually exists. Wish other businesses ran things like this.

Sponsored

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Dubsesd I’m 100% getting this! This is amazing!

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is the first i'm hearing about this using a different set of wiper blades? In the installation steps there is a step where we will require using a new set of windshield wipers blades?

Ford Bronco Integrated Roof/Windshield LED Light Bar System for 2021+ Ford Bronco 1661356728380
Yes, this is because the OEM blades slightly hits the cowling. We include these wiper blades in the box!

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

CheekyOldMan

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That looks uniquely terrible with a soft top... but pretty great with a hard top.

Sponsored

Jdimaggio

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@ORACLE Lighting with connecting this does the wire go through your cabin as the instructions say and somehow lets the engine bay or can you connect the harness the the wire that’s included with the broncos with the aux switch

JP_Oracle

Base
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
@ORACLE Lighting with connecting this does the wire go through your cabin as the instructions say and somehow lets the engine bay or can you connect the harness the the wire that’s included with the broncos with the aux switch
Will come with a switch harness that will need to be ran into the cab from the engine compartment. But, for Broncos that have the switches, that harness does not need to be used and the wires can be connected at the AUX wires in the RH side pillar.

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Imagine it being non-existent :cool: - This was extensively tested & the lightbar really surprised us with how aerodynamic it is. Unlike the other options on the market, this doesn't allow for wind to pass through it, which is what causes the wind noise.
Ok, with no wind to pass through, that can cause a large amount of drag at highway speeds, causing prolonged stress on hardware. Im not pushing a gotcha moment, i am trying to understand the possibility of product longevity or failure.

What i understand is that drag is equal to the drag coefficient, times the density of the air, times half of the velocity squared, times the reference area.

D = Cd * A * .5 * r * V^2

I believe 1 sq ft of sealed surface, an area that does not allow air flow to pass, produces 400 N (89 lbs) of force at 100 KPH (62 MPH). So if the sq ft of that overhang is ~3 ft, wind is producing around 270lbs of force up into the confluence of the light bar and the windshield at 60MPH, for x amount of time during a drive. I hope that this was contemplated during the R&D phase of product development.

OP
OP
ORACLE Lighting

ORACLE Lighting

First Name
ORACLE
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oraclelights.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ok, with no wind to pass through, that can cause a large amount of drag at highway speeds, causing prolonged stress on hardware. Im not pushing a gotcha moment, i am trying to understand the possibility of product longevity or failure.

What i understand is that drag is equal to the drag coefficient, times the density of the air, times half of the velocity squared, times the reference area.

D = Cd * A * .5 * r * V^2

I believe 1 sq ft of sealed surface, an area that does not allow air flow to pass, produces 400 N (89 lbs) of force at 100 KPH (62 MPH). So if the sq ft of that overhang is ~3 ft, wind is producing around 270lbs of force up into the confluence of the light bar and the windshield at 60MPH, for x amount of time during a drive. I hope that this was contemplated during the R&D phase of product development.
Appreciate the feedback but your calculations are off and YES this was "contemplated" and evaluated during R&D which we are way past including months of on-road testing. As mentioned before this has been extensively tested (at up to triple digit speeds). Drag is not an issue.

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, this is because the OEM blades slightly hits the cowling. We include these wiper blades in the box!
Dumb question, but this isn’t a one-off unique blade is it?
Sponsored