Sponsored

'Intelligent four-wheel drive' (AWD) option?

stewlagoon

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Tundra, 1976 Bronco, 1965 Chevy C10 Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I understand the purists won't want it, but wondering if there's any info as to whether it will have/offer some form of Ford's 'intelligent four-wheel drive' (preferably selectable including 2/RWD a la Expedition)? As a daily driver/Mrs.-driven in Michigan it's become a strong desire if not requirement for me.

OBVIOUSLY this is in addition to a 2-speed transfer case (e.g. low range)...
Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm really hoping that we'll see the same transfer case as the Raptor with the clutch based auto 4wd setting in addition to the fully locked 4H and 4L. If it's rugged enough for the Raptor I don't see why it can't be in the Bronco at least as an option. I believe that's the same transfer case as the Expedition and higher trim F150s as well but I'm not sure.

It's not an outright requirement for me but I'd be very disappointed if it's not available.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully there are some options with different trims/packages. I would not be at all surprised if one of them had an AWD option like a Raptor or Platinum.

Deleted member 3063

I'm another vote for AWD that can shift power fore and aft. But of course I want to be able to lock it into full 4X4 and also have the front and rear lockers as needed.
I think a AWD setup would be a great dig setup where the power is shifted forward and then brake the inside rear wheel.
Sponsored