Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interestingly, when I go the Ford Pass app to check the Oil Life Remaining, it tells me 0% and we have a whopping 62 miles on it. So, the app doesn't appear to be getting that data (but gets tire pressure and everything else). I haven't checked what the in car monitor says for oil life.
Mine did that too early days. After driving a bit longer it corrected itself.

My FordPass app currently says my next oil change should be December 2022 or 14,100 km - wtf?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Well, at first, I presumed the Bronco would have an oil life monitoring system and since nothing suggested getting oil changed I actually had over 7500 miles before first oil change 2 weeks ago.

Yesterday I get a notification that the oil life monitoring is suggesting it might be time to schedule an oil change . After 2 weeks and 500 miles? Can this be correct? I highly doubt that the oil would need changed sfter only 500 adfitional miles with no change in driving habits

My first thought is that tge dealer failed to reset something 2 weeks ago. Anyone else experience this short interval
Hello! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'll check into this oil concern on my end. Thanks!

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Bronco monitors how the Bronco is being driven and calculates engine oil life. Under normal driving, it shouldn't come on until 7,500-10,000 miles as the Bronco requires a synthetic blend oil. If you grew up back in the days of 2,500-5,000 mile oil changes it seems like a lot but both engine and oil technology have come a long way since the 70s and 80s.

Sounds like the tech forgot to reset the Engine Oil Change Reminder. I've attached two screen shots from the Owner's Manual, which can be downloaded for free at this link.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 6.39.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 6.39.45 AM.png
Does this mean the owners manual is your friend? :D
Sponsored