Sponsored

Intercooler upgrades on 2.3L anyone (charge pipes also).

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for sharing!

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just depends on space for upgrade. I'm definitely in once it's done.

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just depends on space for upgrade. I'm definitely in once it's done.
I've just started looking, but there should be plenty of existing parts as this engine has been around for a while. Mishimoto is one supplier.

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've just started looking, but there should be plenty of existing parts as this engine has been around for a while. Mishimoto is one supplier.
Found this on Summit Racing's site:
Mishimoto intercoolers @ Summit Racing
However:
Anyone catch this article over at mustang6g? Engineer stating the stock intercooler is wimpy, wimpy, wimpy and suggest immediate upgrade. to ? Mishimoto?

What think ye common folk?

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/how-bad-did-ford-sandbag-the-ecoboost.56367/
UPDATE:
Talked to Mishimoto, currently only shipping product is the catch can. They just received their Bronco and are tearing it down. Ranger products are for the Ranger. There will be a line of products for the Bronco. Suggested to go to Mishimoto.com and sign up for the engineering blog to get product updates.

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited by a moderator:

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m personally not a fan of Mishi with their track record of poor QC but that’s just me. I plan to look elsewhere once I start upgrading.

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m personally not a fan of Mishi with their track record of poor QC but that’s just me. I plan to look elsewhere once I start upgrading.
Was not aware of that, several in the Ranger forums were talking about switching to Mishimoto after bad experiences with another manufacturer. Guess I need to break out some google-fu on this one.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was not aware of that, several in the Ranger forums were talking about switching to Mishimoto after bad experiences with another manufacturer. Guess I need to break out some google-fu on this one.
Which manufacturer? I am waiting to see what Cobb comes out with personally along with Radium's catch cans. I had a blend of Grimmspeed/Cobb parts on my WRX and have all Mountune parts and Cobb accessport on my Fiesta ST. All high quality companies that seldom have problems (although OTS tunes can be hit or miss).

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good article on S3 about Ecoboost bolt ons

Ford Bronco Intercooler upgrades on 2.3L anyone (charge pipes also). 1634744914374

S3mag_MustangEcoBoost-180.jpg

S3mag_MustangEcoBoost-117.jpg

S3mag_MustangEcoBoost-122.jpg

We did several tests with the new intercooler, to compare the charge-air temperatures. The intercooler was able to pick up 30whp and 11wtq with zero tuning changes!

New numbers = 275whp and 315wtq.

The stock intercooler was really holding it back! Compared to the peak of 173 degrees of the stock intercooler, the new CP-E intercooler kept the peak temperature down at 90 degrees. Keep in mind, it was 83 degrees in the shop! We also loaded the COBB Stage-2 tune as well, which is made to optimize a larger intercooler. It picked up a few more HP here.

We then went back and loaded the stock tune – just to see if there was any difference with the bigger intercooler on a totally stock tune. Even with the throttle being closed most of the run (due to the aftermarket intake), the car picked up 10hp in the top-end vs the stock baseline. This shows that even if you don’t plan on tuning the car, the intercooler is still a worthwhile investment for efficiency, cooling, and power.”

Sponsored
OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Checked out some forums, Wrangler forum is especially hard on them. Mostly radiator leakage/fitment from a few years ago, but, comments @Mishimoto ?

Wrangler forum Mishimoto thread.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IXxMcCoyxXl

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good article on S3 about Ecoboost bolt ons

Ford Bronco Intercooler upgrades on 2.3L anyone (charge pipes also). S3mag_MustangEcoBoost-122

Ford Bronco Intercooler upgrades on 2.3L anyone (charge pipes also). S3mag_MustangEcoBoost-122

We did several tests with the new intercooler, to compare the charge-air temperatures. The intercooler was able to pick up 30whp and 11wtq with zero tuning changes!

New numbers = 275whp and 315wtq.

The stock intercooler was really holding it back! Compared to the peak of 173 degrees of the stock intercooler, the new CP-E intercooler kept the peak temperature down at 90 degrees. Keep in mind, it was 83 degrees in the shop! We also loaded the COBB Stage-2 tune as well, which is made to optimize a larger intercooler. It picked up a few more HP here.

We then went back and loaded the stock tune – just to see if there was any difference with the bigger intercooler on a totally stock tune. Even with the throttle being closed most of the run (due to the aftermarket intake), the car picked up 10hp in the top-end vs the stock baseline. This shows that even if you don’t plan on tuning the car, the intercooler is still a worthwhile investment for efficiency, cooling, and power.”
that’s insane