Sponsored

Intercooler upgrades on 2.3L anyone (charge pipes also).

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey guys!

Just wanted to chime in here to let you know that we do plan on offering a full line of products for the 2.3L Broncos as well as the 2.7Ls. We're still waiting on the delivery of our 2.3L Bronco to really start digging into these projects, though I will say that there is SOME cross over on some components. I'll keep you guys in the loop as we start our development!

Checked out some forums, Wrangler forum is especially hard on them. Mostly radiator leakage/fitment from a few years ago, but, comments @Mishimoto ?

Wrangler forum Mishimoto thread.
So just to note on this and the notion of quality. In this specific instance, we actually went back to the drawing board for this product so that we could mitigate the issues that customers were having, and engineered a V2 version of this radiator, complete with strutted tubes, new header plates allowing for more expansion, stronger welds and brackets, and prioritized quality assurance, specifically for customers having issues with the previous radiator.

Basically, what I'm getting at is, if you're not satisfied, tell us! We appreciate any and all feedback. That's why we're here! Especially since that's another avenue to improve our processes and your satisfaction with the products.

At the end of the day, though, it's YOUR Bronco that you're modifying, so no matter what brand of charge pipe, intercooler, etc. you're installing (though we hope it's ours), the important thing to us is that you're satisfied!

As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

-Nick

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Im curious if anyone who had them over the summer experienced any sort of heatsoak and power pulling, especially with lift kits and bigger tires

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wait, multiple site commentary on ONE GUYS 2016 post about "my professor told me the stock intercooler is too ...." ?! Any data or specs that corroborate that? Or just internet rumor? A vendor will make whatever someone asks for. Doesn't mean it's needed.

If Ford had experienced problems in the 5 years since this post, and as they developed the Bronco, then did a year of extreme testing, don't you think they'd have built a different intercooler by now? This is all hotrodders (modifier's) talk. Not needed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

EVERYBODY NOTE:

Wow, I didn't even look at the date when I jumped on the merry-go-round that broke down.d ya. Yep it's the truth. Cried wolf with a 8 year old article that has nothing to do with the modern 2.3l motor. Ford, I apologize if such is possible.

Thanks to @AZshot who pointed this out.

Please note that if you didn't know this already, I AM AN IDIOT.

I published a link to an 8 year old thread on a Mustang site. EEEeeediot!

That being said, I still want any upgrade that gives me more horses. Roush has an air intake and tune that reputedly gives you 43 more HP with a tune, but you have to run 93 octane. So, that's out. Not to mention it costs just south of $1k.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still doesn’t hurt to upgrade, better cooling, lower temps and more power via better parts.

not sorry at all

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You know it . Will still be getting a performance intercooler setup. My brother totally dissed me for not spending the $1800 to get the 2.7. 30 more HP, I wasn't thinking about it properly I guess. $1800. for 10% more power, and nearly double the torque did it for him. For me, I wasn't aware of the poor performance of the 2.3 at high altitude. Dammit! At least, it prolly got my Bronco delivered faster.

OP
OP
andrusoid

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey guys!

Just wanted to chime in here to let you know that we do plan on offering a full line of products for the 2.3L Broncos as well as the 2.7Ls. We're still waiting on the delivery of our 2.3L Bronco to really start digging into these projects, though I will say that there is SOME cross over on some components. I'll keep you guys in the loop as we start our development!

So just to note on this and the notion of quality. In this specific instance, we actually went back to the drawing board for this product so that we could mitigate the issues that customers were having, and engineered a V2 version of this radiator, complete with strutted tubes, new header plates allowing for more expansion, stronger welds and brackets, and prioritized quality assurance, specifically for customers having issues with the previous radiator.

Basically, what I'm getting at is, if you're not satisfied, tell us! We appreciate any and all feedback. That's why we're here! Especially since that's another avenue to improve our processes and your satisfaction with the products.

At the end of the day, though, it's YOUR Bronco that you're modifying, so no matter what brand of charge pipe, intercooler, etc. you're installing (though we hope it's ours), the important thing to us is that you're satisfied!

As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have!

-Nick
Thanks, Nick. I should have noted that this was from a few years ago. Your products have a pretty good rep. and I'm just waiting to see what you come up with.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know it . Will still be getting a performance intercooler setup. My brother totally dissed me for not spending the $1800 to get the 2.7. 30 more HP, I wasn't thinking about it properly I guess. $1800. for 10% more power, and nearly double the torque did it for him. For me, I wasn't aware of the poor performance of the 2.3 at high altitude. Dammit! At least, it prolly got my Bronco delivered faster.
remind me, what trans?

Sponsored

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)