Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just noticed this disclaimer in the PDF print out of my build. Doesn't this go against what we've been hearing for these accessories that were supposed to include installation in the price?

Does the disclaimer not apply to all accessories?

Ford Bronco Interesting note about dealer installed accessories/options 1606930893113
Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just noticed this disclaimer in the PDF print out of my build. Doesn't this go against what we've been hearing for these accessories that were supposed to include installation in the price?

Ford Bronco Interesting note about dealer installed accessories/options 1606930893113
Yes it contradicts what FORD has put out, that accessories ordered at time the Bronco is ordered will be installed at the Dealer and the Dealer paid by FORD to do so. So as to make things clear, when I order, I have an addendum to the purchase agreement that makes it clear that the Dealer is reimbursed by Ford for install costs on all accessories I order and if not, the Dealer pays the install cost, not me.

OP
OP
privateer35

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it contradicts what FORD has put out, that accessories ordered at time the Bronco is ordered will be installed at the Dealer and the Dealer paid by FORD to do so. So as to make things clear, when I order, I have an addendum to the purchase agreement that makes it clear that the Dealer is reimbursed by Ford for install costs on all accessories I order and if not, the Dealer pays the install cost, not me.
How did you originally approach your dealer by adding that into the purchase agreement? Is that something most of us will have to do?

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How did you originally approach your dealer by adding that into the purchase agreement? Is that something most of us will have to do?
It is what I plan to do as part of my "deal". When you order, you are making your deal with the dealer, agreeing upon a price, etc. So I plan to submit that when ordering. I believe they will agree to it. I plan to spend $50K after all.....if they need to spend an hour or two installing a light pod at their cost, I am sure they will.

R. McDowell

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

that light bar is way to pricey.

Sponsored
OP
OP
privateer35

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

that light bar is way to pricey.
While I agree, having it under the factory warranty and installed on day 1 makes me think the extra price is worth it.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
For 1800 bucks, they better be using gold coated wire to hook it up.

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For 1800 bucks, they better be using gold coated wire to hook it up.
To quote one of my electronics instructors: Always sell gold plated wires, never buy them . ?

Paul Gagnon

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Mustang, '92 Explorer, '10 F-350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The only benefit is that the install will be warrantied. For me, personally, that's definitely not worth the extra cost.
Any accessories that are installed before delivery will also be covered by insurance.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any accessories that are installed before delivery will also be covered by insurance.
I had bad info in the post you quoted and deleted it. Sorry.

You have a good point though. Aftermarket accessories aren't always covered but can be added and covered depending on your insurer.

A factory-installed Rigid light has the same warranty as an aftermarket Rigid. Not worth it to me.
Sponsored