Sponsored

Interesting that folks would prefer '22 over '23...

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For those Day 1/Day 2 reservation holders (like me), I understand that it can be seen as another egregious slight to have their 21 reservation turned into a 22 reservation, and then the possibility of their 22 becoming a 23.

At this point, if you're currently unscheduled (like me), just remember that when you go to sell/trade this beast in 5, 6, 7 years, a '23 will be worth more than a '22.

So if it's a matter of taking delivery of your '22 in 4 months or your '23 in 5 months, count me in for the latter camp.
Sponsored

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The only reason I can see to want to wait for a 23 my would be the MOD top. Believe me, if your number comes up before ,jump on it. Who knows what kind allocation changes etc they’ll change to

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

imo the way the market is one model year wont' matter much. constraints on the bronco over the next few years reinforce that.

maybe some new options and improvements to the bronco will help. another plus will be more aftermarket next year at a lower price.

the mod top will be fire and worth the wait if you don't want to remove the tops. sucks, hope you get it soon.

Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would much rather have an early 2023 than a late 2022. I 99ed my 2021 order last August when it was within a couple months of hitting close to the MY22 switch as I was afraid I would get scheduled with my old order. Now I did think my MY22 order would have been scheduled early(scheduled 6/13) but it is a more complex order than the first one.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those Day 1/Day 2 reservation holders (like me), I understand that it can be seen as another egregious slight to have their 21 reservation turned into a 22 reservation, and then the possibility of their 22 becoming a 23.

At this point, if you're currently unscheduled (like me), just remember that when you go to sell/trade this beast in 5, 6, 7 years, a '23 will be worth more than a '22.

So if it's a matter of taking delivery of your '22 in 4 months or your '23 in 5 months, count me in for the latter camp.
Depends on significant improvements or not. If it merely rolls over to '23 pretty much as is, there won't be a ton of difference in value. At that age, it's more about condition than difference in one model year. A 2015/2016 4Runner, pretty darn similar pricing. Same for, say, a 15/16 Wrangler.

If I don't have my chip hold victim by the time '23 orders open up, I'll be ordering a '23 though. I'll take delivery of the '22, and figure 6-7 months waiting for my '23 order to be filled should be enough let me know if my Bronco's extended stay in Michigan had any adverse impact.

Sponsored

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's super rare for us to sell a vehicle in less than 8 years and I'm likely to keep my Bronco for much longer than that, especially since it will only see about 8-10k miles each year. The sooner I take delivery of my 7/20/20 reservation, the better.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Which would you rather have to sell right now?

Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 9.17.55 AM.png
Neither I'm not a jeep guy. You're trying to rationalize not being able to get something..

It's relative anywhere. If we both keep the vehicle for five years we sell at the same point.

Also, if drive it an extra year, and it's paid off, I saved 7200 if it's not I took 3-4k off of principal loan.

Last edited:

Kameronatm

Badlands
First Name
Kameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My23 loses price protection

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're trying to rationalize not being able to get something..
No, I'm wondering why people are upset their '22 may become a '23 if they're in the next week's scheduling. Doesn't seem to make financial sense.
Sponsored