Sponsored

Interesting that folks would prefer '22 over '23...

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For those Day 1/Day 2 reservation holders (like me), I understand that it can be seen as another egregious slight to have their 21 reservation turned into a 22 reservation, and then the possibility of their 22 becoming a 23.

At this point, if you're currently unscheduled (like me), just remember that when you go to sell/trade this beast in 5, 6, 7 years, a '23 will be worth more than a '22.

So if it's a matter of taking delivery of your '22 in 4 months or your '23 in 5 months, count me in for the latter camp.
Umm. Not even a consideration. Give me my fucking Bronco.
Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No, I'm wondering why people are upset their '22 may become a '23 if they're in the next week's scheduling. Doesn't seem to make financial sense.
Buying a new vehicle doesn't make financial sense........paying ADM doesn't make financial sense.....yet here we(some) are lol.

Bruzer22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

edit: agree, makes no sense.

add: i'm not in the auto industry but i'm pretty sure the model cutover is q3 august/september. thats what happend here the last two years i waited anyways.
Last year, the 21/22 cutover was in December. Other than unsubstantiated rumors or a July plant “retooling” not sure why folks think ‘22s aren’t being built past the end of June. Six months of 2022 production?

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I look at it differently. If it is a good vehicle- I’ll keep it till I die.if it is a lemon- it will be traded before the warranty runs out. If I love it butFord comes out with a hybrid Bronco- I’ll probably trade it in. If you make choices based on what might or might not occur in 5-7 years your going to miss out on much in life.

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you make choices based on what might or might not occur in 5-7 years your going to miss out on much in life.
That's easy, then. There is basically no choice involved in waiting for a Day 1/Day 2 2020 Reservation, other than just forgetting about it until the call comes!

Sponsored
OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I personally believe that any informed Bronco person, given the choice, will avoid purchasing a used 2021/2022 poss poor built Covid Bronco.

When you Google a certain type of vehicles "worst years" I have no doubt that 21/22 will be in that list for Broncos.

Case in point, I'm trying to find out more information, but in another thread someone mentioned how Ford is looking to redesign the alternator location for a future update. Examples like this, with informed consumers, can significantly impact the resale value of your vehicle.
100%. Resales of the 2.7 builds from the early years will likely be regarded inthe same fashion as Porsche Boxster/Caymans from the IMS bearing failure years, even though only a limited range of Porsche VINs were determined to be affected.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Which would you rather have to sell right now?

Screen Shot 2022-05-21 at 9.17.55 AM.png
Like the other individual said there isn’t a ton of difference between the two. It’s cute using KBB since it’s ultimately your local market and as they said the ultimate condition that determine the value. I got my ‘21 in ‘22 and am happy I did knowing the ‘22 is de-contented because of chips due to the ‘22. Based on the number of broncos in the wild and projected to be in the wild you are better off comparing a vehicle with more limited production to get a true idea of what values will be. The ratio of wranglers will easily be ten to one against the bronco that will drive value.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

100%. Resales of the 2.7 builds from the early years will likely be regarded inthe same fashion as Porsche Boxster/Caymans from the IMS bearing failure years, even though only a limited range of Porsche VINs were determined to be affected.
47 failures on this form hardly constitutes the boxster power pack issue. In the same vein people that are knowledgeable will know that. All conjecture at this point and based more on a perceived issue than a proven one. It sucks for those affected but to date there is no overwhelming evidence pointing to a wide spread issue.

VIRUS

Badlands
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck, car, feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And there's people here that have been patiently waiting, hoping to get their Bronco to enjoy it before they can't because of health reasons. And I don't give a shit what the resale is because it will not be sold by me.

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like the other individual said there isn’t a ton of difference between the two. It’s cute using KBB since it’s ultimately your local market and as they said the ultimate condition that determine the value. I got my ‘21 in ‘22 and am happy I did knowing the ‘22 is de-contented because of chips due to the ‘22. Based on the number of broncos in the wild and projected to be in the wild you are better off comparing a vehicle with more limited production to get a true idea of what values will be. The ratio of wranglers will easily be ten to one against the bronco that will drive value.
The difference is nearly $3000. KBB is easy and quick, but feel free to check Mannheim auctions if you have an account.

The post was inspired by the number of posters who are upset they may be moved from '22 to '23 depending on which week they are scheduled - effectively a $3000 difference for as little as a week's wait. I think it's worth $3000 to wait a week, but others may budget differently.

Sponsored

Crush0205

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
For those Day 1/Day 2 reservation holders (like me), I understand that it can be seen as another egregious slight to have their 21 reservation turned into a 22 reservation, and then the possibility of their 22 becoming a 23.

At this point, if you're currently unscheduled (like me), just remember that when you go to sell/trade this beast in 5, 6, 7 years, a '23 will be worth more than a '22.

So if it's a matter of taking delivery of your '22 in 4 months or your '23 in 5 months, count me in for the latter camp.

Actually, it really won't matter that much. The only time you will see a big difference is when a new model year is a refresh. If the '23 Bronco has some new features or gets something different than the '21 & '22 model years, yes it will be worth more. I just looked up the difference between a '15 & '16 Jeep with the same miles/package, resale was only off by about $2.7K.

Ford Bronco Interesting that folks would prefer '22 over '23... Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 11.21.33 AM
Ford Bronco Interesting that folks would prefer '22 over '23... Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 11.21.14 AM

Crush0205

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The difference is nearly $3000. KBB is easy and quick, but feel free to check Mannheim auctions if you have an account.

The post was inspired by the number of posters who are upset they may be moved from '22 to '23 depending on which week they are scheduled - effectively a $3000 difference for as little as a week's wait. I think it's worth $3000 to wait a week, but others may budget differently.
And something else you are not looking at is interest rates. Wating a week could be the difference between 3.5% and 4%, and that over the course of a loan is well worth $3K.

BrotaryEngine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford alternators and Porsche engines have vastly different replacement costs. Also, nobody will care because Bronco demand is going to exceed supply for years to come.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow. You know, the ones that will be worth the most are the ones that actually exist! So when mine exists, I'm taking it.

Bogeybekk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Personally, I am more worried that all ‘21s and ‘22s cars and trucks are going to be looked upon as COVID/supply chain de-speced lemons assembled by inexperienced workers driven to work too fast with any part that even barely passed the quality sniff test.
Love your optimism that this scenario will be limited to ‘21 and ‘22!
Sponsored