Sponsored

Interesting that folks would prefer '22 over '23...

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m much later to the game as I just now got finances together to order this next opening but how does that work?

Say I order in September for a 23, then ford announced hybrid version and refresh available for 24.

Do I tell dealer to 99 my order and change to a 24 if it’s not been scheduled yet?
When the MY'22 order banks opened, there were some that were trying to game the scheduling by '99'ing their order so it wouldn't get scheduled as a late MY'21. Ford allowed that, but has since changed the ability for the dealer to set an order to '99 without having the zone rep involved with a valid reason. Not wanting a late MY'XX is not a valid reason.

I have 2 outstanding orders with 2 different dealers and when I received a VIN for my Bronco this spring, I opted to have my orders changed to PC'99. Both of them required asking the zone rep for approval. They will stay '99'd until the modular top is available.

If you order a MY'23 and Ford announces in the summer of '24 that a model refresh will occur or hybrid is announced, you'll likely have to cancel your existing order and holdout for the MY'24 order banks to open.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m much later to the game as I just now got finances together to order this next opening but how does that work?

Say I order in September for a 23, then ford announced hybrid version and refresh available for 24.

Do I tell dealer to 99 my order and change to a 24 if it’s not been scheduled yet?
yes, when new order banks open you can alter or 99 your order at any time until you get scheduled with VIN then you can't really change.

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I usually change out a vehicle after 3-4 years... MAYBE 5 if I really like it.. but by that time, it's well over 100k miles, and reliability becomes a concern. I don't want to have to worry about a 6 year old vehicle with 125k miles on it leaving me stranded on the side of the highway. I dealt with that in my 20's... I'm past those days by a long shot now!
I get it; most people keep their cars less than 5 years and often replace them a lot sooner in places like California. We lived just up the hill from you in El Dorado Hills for 20 years and always had the oldest, worst cars in our neighborhood. Our last housekeeper in CA drove a late model Lexus RX350, lol.

We both grew up with miserly parents and didn't drive expensive cars until all of our other financial obligations like retirement and college savings were fully funded. My wife's SUV is 5 years old and my daily driver is a 2015. We have no plans of getting rid of either of them in the next few years. I could easily keep the Bronco for a decade or two.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
yes, when new order banks open you can alter or 99 your order at any time until you get scheduled with VIN then you can't really change.
Awesome thank you so much for explaining, much appreciated!

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When the MY'22 order banks opened, there were some that were trying to game the scheduling by '99'ing their order so it wouldn't get scheduled as a late MY'21. Ford allowed that, but has since changed the ability for the dealer to set an order to '99 without having the zone rep involved with a valid reason. Not wanting a late MY'XX is not a valid reason.

I have 2 outstanding orders with 2 different dealers and when I received a VIN for my Bronco this spring, I opted to have my orders changed to PC'99. Both of them required asking the zone rep for approval. They will stay '99'd until the modular top is available.

If you order a MY'23 and Ford announces in the summer of '24 that a model refresh will occur or hybrid is announced, you'll likely have to cancel your existing order and holdout for the MY'24 order banks to open.
Ok that makes sense, thank you for explaining

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah just wait until Ford announces the 2023 features, like how they're ditching the Sync for whatever that new system is, maybe they'll fix the front camera problem, tie rod ends, maybe the carpet on the back of the seats in the MGV, And the perfect world move the alternator up higher..

Would you still want your 21/22 then ;)

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Personally, I am more worried that all ‘21s and ‘22s cars and trucks are going to be looked upon as COVID/supply chain de-speced lemons assembled by inexperienced workers driven to work too fast with any part that even barely passed the quality sniff test.
One of the benefits of buying used is avoiding first year gremlins, or other issues that came to light in the mean time. The last used car I bought, I ruled out the first year it was made.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

People have been “waiting” for “600+ days”, they want their bronco yesterday even if it’s not 100% the best. Imagine telling a virgin high school boy to stop thinking about girls now, there’s better ones in the future.
When you’re desperate, any port in a storm, right?

BUDXR7

Black Diamond
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (hopefully)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For those Day 1/Day 2 reservation holders (like me), I understand that it can be seen as another egregious slight to have their 21 reservation turned into a 22 reservation, and then the possibility of their 22 becoming a 23.

At this point, if you're currently unscheduled (like me), just remember that when you go to sell/trade this beast in 5, 6, 7 years, a '23 will be worth more than a '22.

So if it's a matter of taking delivery of your '22 in 4 months or your '23 in 5 months, count me in for the latter camp.
4 months = a summer. Not sure how many I have left so this is a slap in the face.

Victoryengineer

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kubota 7040, Polaris 570, Victory MC, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
For those Day 1/Day 2 reservation holders (like me), I understand that it can be seen as another egregious slight to have their 21 reservation turned into a 22 reservation, and then the possibility of their 22 becoming a 23.

At this point, if you're currently unscheduled (like me), just remember that when you go to sell/trade this beast in 5, 6, 7 years, a '23 will be worth more than a '22.

So if it's a matter of taking delivery of your '22 in 4 months or your '23 in 5 months, count me in for the latter camp.
No way I'm going to get too concerned about MY21 vs MY22 or MY23 value. The last several years have seen high resale for most trucks and other off road capable vehicles.

I'm a few years shy of 60 but even if I weren't, nobody is guaranteed to wake up to get another day. I'm going to get what I want and I want it now, lol. Someday, or later usually seems more assured the younger you are.....ymmv.

Last edited:

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
4 months = a summer. Not sure how many I have left so this is a slap in the face.
Some people (foolishly) think they'll live forever, and have unlimited number of summers. So a loss of time or summers, doesn't register so much with them.

Hopefully no one has been waiting two (or more by the time they get a Bronco) years to hit the trails with open-top fun. Get a Jeep and have fun, then down the road maybe get a Bronco.

Go Devils

Outer Banks
First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

With that philosophy, waiting for a ‘24 would even be better? Or a ‘25 ? Certainly a ‘26 would be worth more than a ‘25 in 10 years? Where does it end? I’m happy with my ‘21. Not worried about resale value, just happy to be driving it.

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With that philosophy, waiting for a ‘24 would even be better? Or a ‘25 ? Certainly a ‘26 would be worth more than a ‘25 in 10 years? Where does it end? I’m happy with my ‘21. Not worried about resale value, just happy to be driving it.
No. You couldn't get a '26 a month away from getting a '22.

But you could get a '23 a month away from getting a '22.

It's good there are people like you who don't mind buying at the end of the product year. Dealers appreciate it!

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good point
Some people (foolishly) think they'll live forever, and have unlimited number of summers. So a loss of time or summers, doesn't register so much with them.

Hopefully no one has been waiting two (or more by the time they get a Bronco) years to hit the trails with open-top fun. Get a Jeep and have fun, then down the road maybe get a Bronco.
Good point. Everyone get off this stupid forum and go hike the Appalachian trail!

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't read the whole thread, but the issue at my dealer is this. We have a long list and I've made it from 237 to number 10 now for a MY22. They got 47 allocations in the last big round (I moved from number 44 to number 10 -- yes as you prob know, getting skipped very common) so I should get pulled soon you would think. But if for some reason I don't, and I get rolled to 2023, there are a bunch of people that 99'd their '22 orders for some reason (mod top but maybe others as well) and in theory I could get bumped back to like number 50 or worse if I get thrown back into the 2023 pool. Would be a really shitty result after coming so close. I have faith but still worry about ford changing the goal posts yet again.
Sponsored