Sponsored

Interesting that folks would prefer '22 over '23...

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Didn't read the whole thread, but the issue at my dealer is this. We have a long list and I've made it from 237 to number 10 now for a MY22. They got 47 allocations in the last big round (I moved from number 44 to number 10 -- yes as you prob know, getting skipped very common) so I should get pulled soon you would think. But if for some reason I don't, and I get rolled to 2023, there are a bunch of people that 99'd their '22 orders for some reason (mod top but maybe others as well) and in theory I could get bumped back to like number 50 or worse if I get thrown back into the 2023 pool. Would be a really shitty result after coming so close. I have faith but still worry about ford changing the goal posts yet again.

Thank you! After 5 pages, this answer finally is the first that makes sense.

Are you at SAS? I'm #8 on their list. Hadn't considered the effect of '99-ers with earlier reservation times, but now I see that a model year changeover could push my Day 2 reservation back if enough Day 1 people are there.
Sponsored

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you! After 5 pages, this answer finally is the first that makes sense.

Are you at SAS? I'm #8 on their list. Hadn't considered the effect of '99-ers with earlier reservation times, but now I see that a model year changeover could push my Day 2 reservation back if enough Day 1 people are there.
Nope I'm in the texas group buy. Not certain we've publicly named our dealer to be honest. But it's a pretty big group. I actually just checked our tracker to look at this. I'm number 10 on the 2022 list. BUT, there are 39 people that 99'd their reservations that would jump ahead of me based strictly on timestamp if we went into 2023 right now. That would suck.

Also not certain that price protection is guaranteed forever. All of those things weighed together make me care less about getting a late model year car and care much more about just getting scheduled.

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nope I'm in the texas group buy. Not certain we've publicly named our dealer to be honest. But it's a pretty big group. I actually just checked our tracker to look at this. I'm number 10 on the 2022 list. BUT, there are 39 people that 99'd their reservations that would jump ahead of me based strictly on timestamp if we went into 2023 right now. That would suck.

Also not certain that price protection is guaranteed forever. All of those things weighed together make me care less about getting a late model year car and care much more about just getting scheduled.
Great points, all around.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
1 - most of us are planning on keeping these things until the wheels fall off, not trade them in in a couple years.

2 - Mileage is far more important on residual value than model year date, unless there is a significant or notable manufacturing change.

As an example, a 2001 F-150 isn't worth any less than a 2003. A 2004 is worth slightly more than a 2003 due to the new body design, but a 2004 and a 2006 with the same miles on it are not really that different in value.

Or take the Mustang. 2009 is worth more than a 2010, becuase they squished the back end and the tail lights on the 2010-2014 are ugly. 2015 commands a significant premium over the 2014 due to the new body style, but a 2014 or 2015 with the same mileage isn't a major driver of value.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At this point I don't even care. MY21, 22, 23, 24? I bought a 2dr Rubicon that was almost identical in configuration to my 2dr Badlands order. I've not made a single change to try and get my Bronco sooner and won't except for color as necessary as the model years roll by. I want what I want. MY23 should bring the modular color matched top we should have had all along 🤷🏼‍♂️. There will come a day when Ford finally pulls my number to be built, I'll have to make a decision when it does, but right now I'm having a lot of fun building up my JL and looking forward to taking some of the trips this summer I'd originally planned to in my Ford.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No, I'm wondering why people are upset their '22 may become a '23 if they're in the next week's scheduling. Doesn't seem to make financial sense.
You are applying a "financial sense" argument to a vehicle that has a 2+ year long pipeline from RSVP to acquisition, has terrible MPG, can't haul for shit and has the storage capacity that can best be described as "adequate"...yet it is an amazingly fun is a doors off, top off 4X4 toy. I smile every damn time I drive this thing, especially now with the doors and top off.

Apply your financial reasoning if that helps you weather the wait a little longer, but I got mine in Nov 2021 and I have never thought "I wish I would have waited until Spring 2022"...ever.

YMMV though.

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've been driving my 4 door 2021 Bronco for 6 months now, because I changed my Modular Painted for a soft top. Just got back from the Alpine Loop, silverton, colorado camping. This is the most capable vehicle I've had in the 32 years I've lived out west. Been camping in Arizona, New Mexico, and now Colorado. Lived out of it for a week, last week. I'm loving it. All I have to say is life is short....don't give up years of your life waiting for a feature. Just get a Bronco, any Bronco. I have no regrets, and will get a modular hard top, maybe, in a year or two when they are available. But in the meantime, I'm enjoying life immensely.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't want to have to worry about a 6 year old vehicle with 125k miles on it leaving me stranded on the side of the highway. I dealt with that in my 20's... I'm past those days by a long shot now!
Yeah, but cars were a lot crappier back then. I'm driving a 15 year old Expedition with only 165k miles on it.

I have zero expectation that it will break down, other than the tires, which are getting kind of thin on the tread. And I really don't want to drop $1200-1500 on tires which I will never recover when I sell or trade it.

Honestly, I'd trust a Ford Triton V-8 to a quarter million miles easy. Not sold on the eco-boostie making it that far.

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, but cars were a lot crappier back then. I'm driving a 15 year old Expedition with only 165k miles on it.

I have zero expectation that it will break down, other than the tires, which are getting kind of thin on the tread. And I really don't want to drop $1200-1500 on tires which I will never recover when I sell or trade it.

Honestly, I'd trust a Ford Triton V-8 to a quarter million miles easy. Not sold on the eco-boostie making it that far.
I think I'm just going off my experience with Ford - my wife had a '16 Focus Titanium that we brought brand new - it was in the shop numerous times for various things - the first was that the factory didn't connect the sunroof drain line properly - so in the first rain, the headliner got soaked and had to be replaced, then it was in the shop at least 4 different times for transmission issues .. I had a '12 Mustang Premium Performance Package MCA (Mustang Club of America) edition (bought new), one of the shocks needed to be replaced around 7k miles, the rear end blew up at less than 10k miles, the dual-mass flywheel took a crap around 30k miles, and the engine spun a rod bearing around 54k miles. My next mustang - a 2016 performance package (bought new) - engine blew up at 62k miles (at 3.5 years old)... so - I won't count on a Ford being good for more than about 60-70k miles.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If my 22' is still on chip hold since 4/4 when the 23' order bank should I drop it and order a 23?

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m just friggen baffled that early res holders don’t have their vehicles if they converted to an order right away or as soon as possible. It’s mind boggling to me.

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If that's the case, then I can see why folks don't want a '23.

Is there documentation that this disappears for original '21 reservation holders?
Enjoy your 12 extra months of not driving a Bronco.

Are you really serious? 🤪

Jenkins_Auto_Image

Base
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram 1500, 2006 Acura TL, 2022 Bronco soon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If my 22' is still on chip hold since 4/4 when the 23' order bank should I drop it and order a 23?
Mine has been ‘built awaiting shipping’ since 4/6. I plan to order another one if it’s still not here when order banks open up.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m just friggen baffled that early res holders don’t have their vehicles if they converted to an order right away or as soon as possible. It’s mind boggling to me.
Ford has build about 100,000 Broncos by now. Except, not all of them went to reservation holders.

Of the 190,000 reservations Ford had by March of last year, I believe that half of those were actually in the first 72 hours. There was a 73% conversion rate to orders. But that means that Ford has built enough Broncos to have the first 3 days of Reservations built.

Except, they still don't have enough Hard Tops and Stick Shifts.

OP
OP
patientB

patientB

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Enjoy your 12 extra months of not driving a Bronco.

Are you really serious? 🤪
No one is talking about 12 months. Reading is fundamental. 😂
Sponsored