Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So while I was showering this morning I started thinking about how Ford has executed the release of the Bronco and came to an interesting thought. Maybe everything that has been going on has been an intentional marketing and launch strategy, much to our dismay. The more and more I thought about it, the more it made sense to me. Here are my thoughts from this morning:

1. The delay of the reveal from March to July 13th was obviously due to COVID-19 and there really wasn't much Ford could do about that, so most have no hard feelings there. With that being said, I think it was always the plan to start production in Spring of 2021 with deliveries beginning in Mid 2021. This makes perfect business sense and I will let you know why a little bit later.

2. Build and Price has actually been ready to launch for a long time. Delaying the release of the Build and Price tool has just been a way to keep the hype going until ordering and has been scheduled for a certain day in September since the beginning. Ordering has also always been scheduled for a certain time in December.

3. Basically to sum things up, I believe Ford's plan has always been to have at least a year between reveal of the Bronco and delivery of the Broncos, with Build and Price and ordering falling at specific dates somewhere in between in order to keep a steady dose of hype.

4. This is why it all makes sense from a business perspective: By simply giving a year + time frame for the entire launch plan, you open the gates for a lot more people to plan financially for this big purchase and then follow through with actually purchasing the vehicle. If only a couple of months were given for people to plan, a good majority would give up on trying to buy the Bronco new and would just wait for used models to come to market a few months or years afterward. I believe Ford's plan has been very calculated. It's just like saving for retirement. Add a little here and a little there on a consistent and planned basis over a long period of time, coast through the dips and enjoy the highs, then cash in at the right time with tons of money. That is what I believe Ford is doing with the launch of this Bronco.

Let me know your thoughts!

200.gif
Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Having worked for Ford in multiple corporate positions - I don't know man.
The automotive industry is CONSTANTLY giving themselves dates that they can't adhere to and having to come up with resolves on the fly.

In addition to this, Ford's IT team is dogshit for a multibillion dollar company. That is what happens when you are ran by a bunch of 60 year old's. They likely had no idea of the true scope of what was required for the build and price.

Example of them being headstrong against technology - I was the buyer for Microphones and speakers for all Ford products.

I had to go to upwards of 50 meetings just to convince decision makers that the Bronco needed a water proof microphone (for sync)

Rough Rider

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So the build and price just opened in the last couple weeks for the new F-150, which goes on sale late this year.

By Ford Standard Operating Procedures. They are WAY ahead of any typical timeframe.

Counter theory...there is no conspiracy, they are working as fast as they can, and people are getting impatient as they are very passionate about this vehicle but Ford is trying to appease and accelerate their typical time frames but cant please everyone? I know CRAZY talk.

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Having worked for Ford in multiple corporate positions - I don't know man.
The automotive industry is CONSTANTLY giving themselves dates that they can't adhere to and having to come up with resolves on the fly.

In addition to this, Ford's IT team is dogshit for a multibillion dollar company. That is what happens when you are ran by a bunch of 60 year old's. They likely had no idea of the true scope of what was required for the build and price.

Example of them being headstrong against technology - I was the buyer for Microphones and speakers for all Ford products.

I had to go to upwards of 50 meetings just to convince decision makers that the Bronco needed a water proof microphone (for sync)
That's awful lol. You're stealing my thunder brother!
54605f894950bfcabf81d59bd49e945e_w200.gif

ilkhan

Badlands
First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a modern new vehicle launch. Every bit of it is planned for maximum effect, especially timing of stuff like B&P and all the off road leaks/videos.

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So while I was showering this morning I started thinking about how Ford has executed the release of the Bronco and came to an interesting thought. Maybe everything that has been going on has been an intentional marketing and launch strategy, much to our dismay. The more and more I thought about it, the more it made sense to me. Here are my thoughts from this morning:

1. The delay of the reveal from March to July 13th was obviously due to COVID-19 and there really wasn't much Ford could do about that, so most have no hard feelings there. With that being said, I think it was always the plan to start production in Spring of 2021 with deliveries beginning in Mid 2021. This makes perfect business sense and I will let you know why a little bit later.

2. Build and Price has actually been ready to launch for a long time. Delaying the release of the Build and Price tool has just been a way to keep the hype going until ordering and has been scheduled for a certain day in September since the beginning. Ordering has also always been scheduled for a certain time in December.

3. Basically to sum things up, I believe Ford's plan has always been to have at least a year between reveal of the Bronco and delivery of the Broncos, with Build and Price and ordering falling at specific dates somewhere in between in order to keep a steady dose of hype.

4. This is why it all makes sense from a business perspective: By simply giving a year + time frame for the entire launch plan, you open the gates for a lot more people to plan financially for this big purchase and then follow through with actually purchasing the vehicle. If only a couple of months were given for people to plan, a good majority would give up on trying to buy the Bronco new and would just wait for used models to come to market a few months or years afterward. I believe Ford's plan has been very calculated. It's just like saving for retirement. Add a little here and a little there on a consistent and planned basis over a long period of time, coast through the dips and enjoy the highs, then cash in at the right time with tons of money. That is what I believe Ford is doing with the launch of this Bronco.

Let me know your thoughts!

200.gif
I agree Ford has been executing on a plan they crafted months ago. Each week we receive an additional piece to the puzzle. I suspect next week we may get to see the on-line accessories catalog for the 2 and 4 door Bronco.

I did spend time on the Build/Price function for the 2021 F150 and it was slow with numerous bugs. The Bronco B/P could see 50 times the volume and potential buyers could spend hours configuring different models, colors and options. Imagine how many buyers will activate the 360 degree interior function? Expect a horror show!

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So while I was showering this morning I started thinking.
Great Ideas come to mind during this Moment where No one else is there to Distract.

2015-09-17-1442512062-9279231-PIC4.jpg

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Completely agree with you.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I keep trying not to program my own build and price based off of the information and pics/renderings we have already. I'd like to think that I'd be done by now. That's why I agree that it's probably been done for a while now sans final pricing.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1. The delay of the reveal from March to July 13th was obviously due to COVID-19.

4. By simply giving a year + time frame for the entire launch plan, you open the gates for a lot more people to plan financially for this big purchase and then follow through with actually purchasing the vehicle.
Here is my opinion on this (in the most non-combative tone I could muster ? )

1. I don't like giving them a pass on the reveal. If I remember correctly, the reveal was originally set for some time in March (as had been leaked). Shit really hit the fan in March (finally), and it seemed more like Ford wasn't ready for their reveal anyways, so let's blame Covid and just push it back a few months. And it's not like anyone was there for a reveal, it was a movie that didn't tell us all that much. Don't get me wrong, I loved it, I'd been waiting since the 2004 concept.

4. For some people it's awesome they have a year to plan & save for their purchase. At the same time though, You are giving them 3 months (or less as it takes longer to get B&P out) to start this planning. Give people the B&P now, so they have ALL the options in front of them and can get an even better idea on what it's gonna cost. Hell, I myself constantly go back and forth from Sasquatch to NO Sasquatch but better wheels & tires (which I don't know the options of).

So that's my 2 cents, worth about as much as the printer it was printed on.

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So while I was showering this morning I started thinking about ...
In the shower eh?

Dial or Pantene? ? :devilish:

You might be on to something there. Devious and cruel...but sounds like it could be true.

OP
OP
tshaw2009

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the shower eh?

Dial or Pantene? ? :devilish:

You might be on to something there. Devious and cruel...but sounds like it could be true.
Neither lol. Every Man Jack: Cedarwood scent, because I'm too cheap for Dr. Squatch lol.

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I tend to disagree.

By delaying the B&P and therefore eventual ordering and final delivery Ford is going to lose orders and customers.

1. Those who need a vehicle sooner for various reasons will move on.

2. Bronco competition gets the breathing room they need to plan and make changes and introduce variants that may attract customers away from Bronco. Perfect example is the Hybrid and PHEV that Jeep announced.

3. Customers who would likely have made a “hasty” decision to purchase the Bronco riding on the initial wave of excitement will have a chance to think things over, weigh the options and make a decision.

Ford knows the Bronco purchase is an emotional one and they gain nothing by letting the excitement get watered down by delaying orders or deliveries.

I think the delay is simply Ford trying their best to bring as finished a new product as possible to the market to avoid embarrassing recalls and to secure safe and steady parts suppliers to ensure steady glitch free production.

Covid almost certainly has a part in this delay as well since Ford is not any more impervious to its effects than any other manufacturer.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think they originally had this awesome roll out period where the Broncos appeared at may events that are now cancelled. Agree B&P was probably about now, but may have been earlier and delayed a month or so. Production as well.

To me the weird thing is everything is so much earlier than when Jeep rolled the Gladiator out on the half year for example: late November roll out - first models rolling into dealers in May.

I think the longer timeline is more frustrating. (Think how much longer the timeline would have been if they had rolled in March.)

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Interested points from OP and you all. I consider myself a little lucky in that I hadn't been waiting for the Bronco, like some of you. I see were some of you have been on this site since 2016.

When they announced that the Bronco was coming out, I was initially excited but as the years past, I lost interest.

This Bronco hype sort of reminds me of when the BMW M2 was announced. I made mistakes during that launch, but not this time. I don't care if I have to drive to Iowa or West Virginia, I'm most-likely getting a Bronco (fingers crossed nothing changes).

What I like about this situation is, at least Ford gave us an opportunity to reserve one, and I know they have some idea that I want one.

With the M2, it was getting on dealer list, and having only their word as to the allocations they had, and where you were on those lists. Some of the ones I dealt with had no clue about the car,and just tried to sell me something else.

Oh, sorry for going off on a tangent. :oops:
Sponsored