deejaybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I love Ford. Amazing brand with important history and tremendous cars. (I’ve owned a Focus & Ranger)

This is also a company that has lost 40% of its market value since 2017 and is rated a 7 out of 99 EPS in terms of growth and organization. The old CEO was ousted this month and there are tremendous opportunities in supply chain and sourcing. The Bronco is an attempt to turn things around but they are doing it faster than they probably should. B&P and whatever hiccups you feel as a buyer are not strategic. They’re a symptom of the last decade.

That being said, Ford is doing something right because I’ve never preordered a vehicle in my life but I’ve reserved a Bronco without seeing one and waiting a year to get it.
I think they can thank most of the pre-orders on the Bronco designers and that 11 minute world premier video because they nailed the visual presentation. And with old Broncos still being highly desirable the nostalgia factor helps a lot as well.

The engine choices don't seem to be big a motivating factor for people wanting one but the potential capabilites seem to be. It also doesn't hurt that the reveal took place at a time when most of us have been quarantined for the past few months so the notion of getting in a Bronco and just driving anywhere you want is at an all time fever pitch high.

Plus, only having to make a fully refundable $100 deposit to reserve one essentially makes it a no risk proposition.

It will be interesting to see how many of those pre-orders actually come to fruition.

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think they can thank most of the pre-orders on the Bronco designers and that 11 minute world premier video because they nailed the visual presentation. And with old Broncos still being highly desirable the nostalgia factor helps a lot as well.

The engine choices don't seem to be big a motivating factor for people wanting one but the potential capabilites seem to be. It also doesn't hurt that the reveal took place at a time when most of us have been quarantined for the past few months so the notion of getting in a Bronco and just driving anywhere you want is at an all time fever pitch high.

Plus, only having to make a fully refundable $100 deposit to reserve one essentially makes it a no risk proposition.

It will be interesting to see how many of those pre-orders actually come to fruition.
Totally agree. My girlfriend thinks I reserved a Bronco just to look forward to something after this bleak year haha

Weld3z

Outer Banks
First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Would there have been any reason to delay B&P to see how competitors were going to respond to the Bronco announcement? Waiting to perhaps decide how competitively to price options and accessories?

It's not a direct comparison but Sony and Microsoft seem to be holding off on announcing pricing for the PS5 and the XBOX Series X gaming consoles and it seems they are each waiting for other to make the first move.
https://news.yahoo.com/wrangler-introduces-jeeps-first-electric-204031169.html

There is no big competitors now !
Jeep, Land Rover (defender) what else ?

Sponsored

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I applaud you, OP for having such an imagination.

This is nothing more than an interest free loan everyone handed out to FORD, every dollar of that 165mil for one year interest free. Now imagine how much Ford is Banking from that free loan while everyone is sitting in front of a monitor day after day just waiting for Ford to release tidbits of anything Bronco related.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Having worked for Ford in multiple corporate positions - I don't know man.
The automotive industry is CONSTANTLY giving themselves dates that they can't adhere to and having to come up with resolves on the fly.

In addition to this, Ford's IT team is dogshit for a multibillion dollar company. That is what happens when you are ran by a bunch of 60 year old's. They likely had no idea of the true scope of what was required for the build and price.

Example of them being headstrong against technology - I was the buyer for Microphones and speakers for all Ford products.

I had to go to upwards of 50 meetings just to convince decision makers that the Bronco needed a water proof microphone (for sync)
Wait a minute, we were told the IT guys are Rock Stars. Now your telling me they're 60 year old washed out Rock Stars. No wonder B & P isn't up and running. Lol.
As to not get emotional on B & P release date. My big plan is to pretend Ford anounced it will be out ON September 31. Which still gives me a month to switch dealers. If it comes sooner would only be a bonus.
Big B & P reveal day pic to enjoy.
2KQmLdD.gif

Last edited:

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Having worked for Ford in multiple corporate positions - I don't know man.
The automotive industry is CONSTANTLY giving themselves dates that they can't adhere to and having to come up with resolves on the fly.

In addition to this, Ford's IT team is dogshit for a multibillion dollar company. That is what happens when you are ran by a bunch of 60 year old's. They likely had no idea of the true scope of what was required for the build and price.
When a company has competent Project Managers, who understand what the true scope of the project is, who understand how to build a team and get the most out of each team member, who understand technically, what it takes to properly scope the job, that is the type of Project Manager who can deliver. Regardless of age, generally, it takes technical competence to properly scope the job. This technical competence is gained by experience, experience, well, is gained by age. Working on multiple projects, at each level, learning where the pitfalls are, learning how to manage risk, learning how to properly schedule, all take experience.

In my years in engineering, as a Project Manager on a number of projects, I've seen some Project Engineers that were outstanding and others, not so much. It requires experience, which comes from years of seeing what can go wrong and having a plan to mitigate those issues. Very few 30-year-olds have acquired this experience, by 40, they will be much better. And yes, experience grows with age, so there are some great 50 year old and 60 year old Project Managers. To try to lump Ford's problems at the feet of age, is not the whole story, it is people with technical competence, regardless of age.

More likely, large complex projects require skills that may be outside the technical competence of some in IT, just because you may be a great programmer, does not mean you know how to manage a large project.

Sponsored

SliderJack

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser, FJ40, SLK300, Viper
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I think you give them too much credit. (Still jaded from the launch)

I don't think I'd hire a rockstar to clean my pool much less build a site. :)

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It’s like a bad math problem.
If a Jeep was leaving San Diego headed East at 4 a.m. travelling at 36 mph, a Bronco left Pennsylvania at 75 mph at 8 p.m. and an International Scout left Butte at 25 mph at noon, what time do they get to Dunkin' Donuts?

Answer: They don't. The Bronco doesn't exist, the Jeep breaks down and the Scout rusted to pieces.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I applaud you, OP for having such an imagination.

This is nothing more than an interest free loan everyone handed out to FORD, every dollar of that 165mil for one year interest free. Now imagine how much Ford is Banking from that free loan while everyone is sitting in front of a monitor day after day just waiting for Ford to release tidbits of anything Bronco related.
Number 1: You put the decimal point in the wrong place...it’s $16.5 million, or less revenue than Ford books in an hour
2: The dealers hold that deposit anyway...the $100 cash means nothing to Ford whatsoever, other than getting people to very softly commit to buy one.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If a Jeep was leaving San Diego headed East at 4 a.m. travelling at 36 mph, a Bronco left Pennsylvania at 75 mph at 8 p.m. and an International Scout left Butte at 25 mph at noon, what time do they get to Dunkin' Donuts?

Answer: They don't. The Bronco doesn't exist, the Jeep breaks down and the Scout rusted to pieces.
EDIT: I would take the Scout over the other 2 hands down.
Sponsored