Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We all know the interior specs and dimensions of each from going to the Bronco and Wrangler wedsite.
For the people who have been up close and possibly sat inside of a new Bronco and a JLU, what are your thoughts in size comparison?
Which one looks or feels more roomy in the front and back seats? What about the cargo area?
Most people are familiar with the interior of a Wrangler. It would be nice to have a real world perspective from somebody that has compared them hands/eyes on.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Smalldog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler jK
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We all know the interior specs and dimensions of each from going to the Bronco and Wrangler wedsite.
For the people who have been up close and possibly sat inside of a new Bronco and a JLU, what are your thoughts in size comparison?
Which one looks or feels more roomy in the front and back seats? What about the cargo area?
Most people are familiar with the interior of a Wrangler. It would be nice to have a real world perspective from somebody that has compared hands/eyes on.
also curious about the shoulder room. I have a JK and find it too snug. I would also be curious how it compares to a new Defender

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The time has come for Ford to get demonstration models out to the dealers, not just periodic teaser photos and isolated regional events. The vehicle looks promising, but it needs to come out of hiding, be seen, sat in, closely looked at and hopefully reviewed by mainstream automobile organizations. You out there Levine?????????????????????????????????????????

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes please. Great question.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The answer, again, is to go sit in a Ranger. Dimensions are LARGELY! the same.

Last edited:

Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The answer, again, is to go sit in a Ranger. Dimensions are the same.
Well that is good to know . . . looks like I will be cancelling my order. I am not sure why - even though it was clearly stated that it was built on the Ranger platform - but I was under the impression that it was wider in the cabin and had more shoulder room . . . my father has a new Ranger and I definitely find it is just too narrow . . . I am out. Best wishes . . .

maxmxa

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe they worry they will loose more reservations and potential customers if they let the cat tail out of the bag.;)

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did check it out - and outside of a couple miniscule differences it is the same as the Ranger . . . I reserved the Wildtrak 4 door so I compared the Ranger to the Bronco 4 door hard top.

Depressed.

Attachments

OP
OP
BroncBro

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The answer, again, is to go sit in a Ranger. Dimensions are the same.
So the Bronco has the same interior dimensions, dash, console, seats, roof, floor tubs, doors, body frame enforcement shape, and the seats are exactly the same size and they are perfectly positioned in the exact locations as the Ranger?
You sure about that?

Ford Bronco Interior Comparison 4 Door Bronco and JLU 4FF45F3D-66D2-4702-B28A-FE6CBF26FCEC

Ford Bronco Interior Comparison 4 Door Bronco and JLU A05282CD-18ED-4663-9DA5-448E0CA0F6A4

Last edited:
OP
OP
BroncBro

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well that is good to know . . . looks like I will be cancelling my order. I am not sure why - even though it was clearly stated that it was built on the Ranger platform - but I was under the impression that it was wider in the cabin and had more shoulder room . . . my father has a new Ranger and I definitely find it is just too narrow . . . I am out. Best wishes . . .
Hold on. What they said is not true. The Bronco is slightly more roomy inside compared to the Ranger as far as measured dimensions go.
Just hang out a bit and wait for some real answers and opinions.

Sponsored

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hold on. What they said is not true. The Bronco is slightly more roomy inside compared to the Ranger as far as measured dimensions go.
Just hang out a bit and wait for some real answers and opinions.
Will do our research for sure. At the end of the day I will actually still order the Bronco. If it shows up and it's not going to work I can always walk away!!

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So the Bronco has the same interior dimensions, dash, console, seats, roof, floor tubs, doors, body frame enforcement shape, and the seats are exactly the same size and they are perfectly positioned in the exact locations as the Ranger?
You sure about that?

Ford Bronco Interior Comparison 4 Door Bronco and JLU A05282CD-18ED-4663-9DA5-448E0CA0F6A4

Wow. So literal. Head, shoulder and leg. Never said the rest.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'd recommend sitting in and maybe test driving a jeep so you get an idea of where Broncos major competitor is at, and know that the Bronco is larger. But also being realistic and knowing it will be similar to the Ranger.

If you're super foreign to these type vehicles, there's a big chance you may be disappointed

It wasn't until I rented a jeep this past summer on vacation, that I really knew what I was getting myself into. Nevertheless I loved the jeep I rented so I personally should be good knowing the Bronco has more room

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'd recommend sitting in and maybe test driving a jeep so you get an idea of where Broncos major competitor is at, and know that the Bronco is larger. But also being realistic and knowing it will be similar to the Ranger.

If you're super foreign to these type vehicles, there's a big chance you may be disappointed

It wasn't until I rented a jeep this past summer on vacation, that I really knew what I was getting myself into. Nevertheless I loved the jeep I rented so I personally should be good knowing the Bronco has more room
Yeah I also had a keep for a loaner for a month when the timing phasers were being replaced on my Raptor. A 4 door overland and it absolutely sucked. The ride and handling was a nightmare and was right inside. I’d never own one after that experience ... my hope is that Ford motives on those aspects - ride, handling and room, with the Bronco!!

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah I also had a jeep for a loaner for a month when the timing phasers were being replaced on my Raptor. A 4 door overland and it absolutely sucked. The ride and handling was a nightmare and was right inside. I’d never own one after that experience ... my hope is that Ford motives on those aspects - ride, handling and room, with the Bronco!!
Sponsored