First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just wanted to reach out and see What others are looking to replace their interior grips with? I for one one, would like to express my interest in a holster much like the Vara Safety Reach 2. I'm not 100% on this, as either location isn't really discrete.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A holster next to your shifter? You Oklahoma cowboys don’t mess around. 🤠

Last edited:

Deleted member 13817

Ford Bronco Interior Grip Alternatives? 63E4E537-32FA-42FD-8E96-981B38299763

I think I will enjoy crafting these handles as much as anything in the truck. I think beautiful wood grips trimmed around Damascus steel or a gunmetal finish would be awesome. Make sure you grab the grips when it’s hot ?!

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just wanted to reach out and see What others are looking to replace their interior grips with? I for one one, would like to express my interest in a holster much like the Vara Safety Reach 2. I'm not 100% on this, as either location isn't really discrete.
Not that it is discreet, but the grip handle in the middle console is worthless. Might as well replace it with anything that is functional. The ergonomics of reaching forward and down isn't applicable for most passengers. Those that are short and have their seat pulled forward might find it useful. But for others with their seat back, the grip is just out of reach. For those moments when you need to grab an "oh shit" handle, you aren't likely to lean forward leaving your back unsupported. Perhaps, for those who have arms like an orangutan, then the grip handle would be useful.

I intend to get rid of the console grip handle when I get mine.

Sponsored

GotNotch

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that it is discreet, but the grip handle in the middle console is worthless. Might as well replace it with anything that is functional. The ergonomics of reaching forward and down isn't applicable for most passengers. Those that are short and have their seat pulled forward might find it useful. But for others with their seat back, the grip is just out of reach. For those moments when you need to grab an "oh shit" handle, you aren't likely to lean forward leaving your back unsupported. Perhaps, for those who have arms like an orangutan, then the grip handle would be useful.

I agree. When the aftermarket comes out with something useful I will be changing it.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am thinking something like a kydex or however it is spelled plastic that goes between the console OSH. that runs the length of the console to the passenger seat bottom and there have a holster that keeps the pew pew just below the sight line between the seat and console? That way the passenger and driver could access if it is in that front 1/4 of the seat to console area.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm removing the center grip and installing a big cupholder for my 40oz beer!
As I said earlier, anything that is more functional that the current grip. I had some private comments on my ergonomic analysis, but it is true. I would challenge anyone to sit in their passenger seat with their typical posture/seat setting/etc. Then see where their left hand naturally falls. The console grip will be out of reach for most people (except short people who have the seat moved close or those with long arms).

I was actually thinking of installing a wireless phone charger in that space. There must be some sort of pocket/taco-shaped charger similar to what Ford offers with the Lux package.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Monkeys need love too.