Interior measurements

Ocbucks

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Does anyone know the height from the interior back deck to the roof ? I want to stand a bike in the back without the front tire. There was an accessory rack for this on a video but I don’t think it’s available.

Advertisement

MyATV

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Sahara 2-Door V6 Hardtop 6-speed manual
Clubs

Good question. Seems to be the only dimension not mentioned on the forum. Maybe someone attending event in Marietta, Ga tomorrow (6/9) will have a tape measure with them.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 S60 T6 AWD / 2018 Subaru Outback Limited
You ride? I couldnt tell from your sig photo lol

I personally measured the load floor to the top of the backseat at 25", then from the top of the backseat to the bottom of the crossbar at 11".

I would guess that from the bottom of crossbar to the roof is at least 4-5"...maybe 6" with the MIC top. Add another inch from the soft top. (The cross bar has got to be a solid 4" thick, and there is a somewhat of a gap between the top of the cross bar and the roof).

So at minimum, 40" total height, plus maybe another couple inches

Last edited:

604Bronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I recall seeing the interior bike rack on the Bronco Sport, but haven’t seen one for the full-sized Bronco. 100% sure it was in the Bronco reveal video which showed this in the Sport.

I’ve cued up the video to the exact time for you:

OP
Ocbucks

Ocbucks

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
You ride? I couldnt tell from your sig photo lol

I personally measured the load floor to the top of the backseat at 25", then from the top of the backseat to the bottom of the crossbar at 11".

I would guess that from the bottom of crossbar to the roof is at least 4-5"...maybe 6" with the MIC top. Add another inch from the soft top. (The cross bar has got to be a solid 4" thick, and there is a somewhat of a gap between the top of the cross bar and the roof).

So at minimum, 40" total height, plus maybe another couple inches
Thanks. Yes I’m a triathlete and cyclist. I have a Fj cruiser now and it works well to stand 2 bikes with the seat down. Those dimensions sound good. I need min 34 with the seat off and 37” with the seat on and the highest. I made a fork clamp “rack” for inside.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 S60 T6 AWD / 2018 Subaru Outback Limited
Yup, the FJ Cruiser, Bronco, etc should all have really good cargo height metrics since the spare is on the tailgate, and not underneath the load floor. Just thinking about the usable cargo volume, 25" from the load floor to the top of the back seat is a solid 6" more than your average SUV (that has a spare under the floor)

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Clubs

I am curious on this dimension too. I prefer to keep my bikes inside the vehicle to avoid any rain or snow that could happen during transport. Although, I do have a dropper post on my mountain bike so I may not be as limited as the OP (but I will on my fatty). Right now I am spoiled with my expedition as I can keep the 2nd row seats up and still fit my bike in the back. Wish that still was the case!

The home rack solution with a board and fork mount really is the way to go on the interior!

Advertisement

Diode Dynamics

Advertisement