Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if the washout interior of a Badlands will be louder than having carpeted floors on something like the OBX, or Wildtrack? Also, if you upgrade to leather in the BLs do you still get the washout floors? Or do they become carpeted?
Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody knows for sure on the noise, but I suspect it won't be as quiet without added carpet. Leather gets you carpet is the consensus.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No one knows for sure if it definitely will be quieter but I am getting Leather in my BL as I assume the carpet floors will offer more sound deadening than the wash out floors, and I believe they look nicer. We off road but I generally donā€™t let too much mud come in the truck and have no issues cleaning the carpet. Also, the drain plug IS under the carpet if you really need it. Also, yes, it has been confirmed but if you order Leather in a BL it comes with carpet floor, not wash out.

BroncoTodd

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model X 100D
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Leather gets you carpet is the consensus.
Is it really? I could understand it getting you floor mats.... but removing the washout floors which is a badlands feature seems like it would be a big mistake.

After all, the 'leather' seats is still mostly vinyl with some PU coated leather trim along the edges anyway. It should still hold up well if the area needed to be washed out. Carpeting would just screw everything up.

Anyway, good thing I am sticking with MGV.

Back to the main point - I also agree that it will most likely be slightly more noise in the cabin, but there have been no videos posted of someone driving the Bronco on the highway, so have no idea. I would think bigger factors would be the type of top you have on your Bronco.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if the washout interior of a Badlands will be louder than having carpeted floors on something like the OBX, or Wildtrack? Also, if you upgrade to leather in the BLs do you still get the washout floors? Or do they become carpeted?
If you upgrade to leather, you get carpeted floors. Someone posted that the drain plugs will still be under the carpet but can't remember who or when that was posted.

Louder... not sure if it will be distinguishable but generally carpet does act as more of a sound absorber/filter than rubber/plastic.

Sponsored

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The passive drain plugs will still be under the rug. All broncos have those. The additional drains are only with the washout floor.

BL with high package gets the additional sound deadening, which is located on the firewall. That should help if you stick with the washout.

The sound difference will be minimal between the floors imo.

OP
OP
TyGuy40

TyGuy40

Badlands
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Bonneville
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thx everyone for the responses. Helps a ton!

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No one knows for sure if it definitely will be quieter but I am getting Leather in my BL as I assume the carpet floors will offer more sound deadening than the wash out floors, and I believe they look nicer. We off road but I generally donā€™t let too much mud come in the truck and have no issues cleaning the carpet. Also, the drain plug IS under the carpet if you really need it. Also, yes, it has been confirmed but if you order Leather in a BL it comes with carpet floor, not wash out.
ā˜This, I ordered my Badlands this way too šŸ˜€

tolleyjenkins

Badlands
First Name
Tolley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just placed my order with my dealer this past week. I ordered a BL and I specifically asked if I upgraded to leather trim seats whether that would result in carpeted floors. The sales director said he had never heard that. I asked him to see if he could get an answer, and he called his regional boss and that regional boss had also never heard it.

I told him that Bronco Nation had put out a video with Ford designers saying to the contrary. He said if it was true, it was going to be a big problem for that dealership because they've taken a lot of BL orders and never knew that to be true. FWIW this is a large dealership in Atlanta so I was surprised by their response and the uncertainty.

I was leaning towards MGV anyways so I went with that.

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just placed my order with my dealer this past week. I ordered a BL and I specifically asked if I upgraded to leather trim seats whether that would result in carpeted floors. The sales director said he had never heard that. I asked him to see if he could get an answer, and he called his regional boss and that regional boss had also never heard it.

I told him that Bronco Nation had put out a video with Ford designers saying to the contrary. He said if it was true, it was going to be a big problem for that dealership because they've taken a lot of BL orders and never knew that to be true. FWIW this is a large dealership in Atlanta so I was surprised by their response and the uncertainty.

Leather seats in the Badlands Will come with carpet.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itā€™s literally in black and white right there on the order guide. That dealer will have no excuse when their customers get upset with them. (If they donā€™t take steps now... also, they should probably read the rest of that document as well.)

Ford Bronco Interior of Bandlands...Options C661FFC5-FBAC-4F52-A761-6577646062A8

Last edited:

imnewtothis

Badlands
First Name
Haramol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, with the washout interior on the BL you get the smaller carpeted mats... so there's at least *that* to help with things.
I didnā€™t know that! Front and back row? Do you know if pics of these carpeted mats are available?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didnā€™t know that! Front and back row? Do you know if pics of these carpeted mats are available?
Theyā€™re just like the normal little carpeted mats youā€™d get in a regular car that goes on top of the base carpeted layer.

Itā€™s mentioned in the B&P and here in the order guide:

Ford Bronco Interior of Bandlands...Options 3EE1FF4E-26B0-4793-8C79-D5853FA77CDD

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It would be nice if the leather option had carpeted flooring placed over top of the base rubber flooring in the Badlands. That would offer the best sound insulation combo (rubber underlay with carpet). But the build sheet reads as carpet flooring ā€œreplacesā€ the rubber.

Iā€™m a bit obsessed with reducing road noise, and Iā€˜m expecting this vehicle to be a big challenge In that regard. Iā€™m getting Badlands with leather, and if itā€™s true that the rubber is replaced by carpet, I may add the rubber under the carpet myself, or use some sound deadening matt. And then put carpet floor mats and floor liners on top for a total of four layers of material on the floor ;)
Sponsored