First Name
Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My husband had rubber floors in this Explorer SportTrack and it wasn’t louder than any other car we’ve had. I really don’t think the carpet adds that much sound deadening. I am very sensitive to sounds and it never bothered me in that car. I ordered my BL with the MGV bc I HATE carpet.
Sponsored

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be nice if the leather option had carpeted flooring placed over top of the base rubber flooring in the Badlands. That would offer the best sound insulation combo (rubber underlay with carpet). But the build sheet reads as carpet flooring “replaces” the rubber.

I’m a bit obsessed with reducing road noise, and I‘m expecting this vehicle to be a big challenge In that regard. I’m getting Badlands with leather, and if it’s true that the rubber is replaced by carpet, I may add the rubber under the carpet myself, or use some sound deadening matt. And then put carpet floor mats and floor liners on top for a total of four layers of material on the floor ;)
You can just add carpet mat over your wash out floor when you do not need that feature. The after market guys will have something or just make your own.

DesertChip

Badlands
First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Q5, 2017 GTI, 2007 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It would be nice if the leather option had carpeted flooring placed over top of the base rubber flooring in the Badlands. That would offer the best sound insulation combo (rubber underlay with carpet). But the build sheet reads as carpet flooring “replaces” the rubber.

I’m a bit obsessed with reducing road noise, and I‘m expecting this vehicle to be a big challenge In that regard. I’m getting Badlands with leather, and if it’s true that the rubber is replaced by carpet, I may add the rubber under the carpet myself, or use some sound deadening matt. And then put carpet floor mats and floor liners on top for a total of four layers of material on the floor ;)
You can just add carpet mat over your wash out floor when you do not need that feature. The after market guys will have something or just make your own.

Rvbronco

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it really? I could understand it getting you floor mats.... but removing the washout floors which is a badlands feature seems like it would be a big mistake.

After all, the 'leather' seats is still mostly vinyl with some PU coated leather trim along the edges anyway. It should still hold up well if the area needed to be washed out. Carpeting would just screw everything up.

Anyway, good thing I am sticking with MGV.

Back to the main point - I also agree that it will most likely be slightly more noise in the cabin, but there have been no videos posted of someone driving the Bronco on the highway, so have no idea. I would think bigger factors would be the type of top you have on your Bronco.
I can hardly wait to see what TFL off road has to say in there review about the Bronco.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, that would be the thing to do with the MGV interior.

I’m going leather and so will have carpet, which is fine. However, I want to maximize my sound deadening as much as possible, so will put as many layers down there as I can. :)

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone know if the washout interior of a Badlands will be louder than having carpeted floors on something like the OBX, or Wildtrack? Also, if you upgrade to leather in the BLs do you still get the washout floors? Or do they become carpeted?
I just ordered the front/rear bronco floor insulators/protection or whatever they are called with it. Just another layer that may or may not help with sound...and these look cool. Have a big bronco on them from the looks of it.
Ford Bronco Interior of Bandlands...Options PSX_20210307_115844

Brokenparts

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 FJ45, 73 c-10, 79 Blazer, '23 Exp, 2008 F350,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yup, I went with the heated leather knowing that it would be carpeted even though I wanted the washout... I figure that this is such a disappointment to those who ordered leather, that the aftermarket would pick up on it and offer a vacuum molded option fairly quickly. Now, I just wish they offered "quick release" seats so I could switch the floors depending if I'm driving to work or to the trail.

tolleyjenkins

Badlands
First Name
Tolley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s literally in black and white right there on the order guide. That dealer will have no excuse when their customers get upset with them. (If they don’t take steps now... also, they should probably read the rest of that document as well.)
Thanks. Pretty amazing that they didn't know this.

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup, I went with the heated leather knowing that it would be carpeted even though I wanted the washout... I figure that this is such a disappointment to those who ordered leather, that the aftermarket would pick up on it and offer a vacuum molded option fairly quickly. Now, I just wish they offered "quick release" seats so I could switch the floors depending if I'm driving to work or to the trail.
MGV has heated, but not power adjustable, seats if that makes a difference.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I ordered the floor liners with MGV. I have two loud sport cars, anything else is quiet anyways.

Sponsored

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you sure MGV has heated seats? I seem to recall a prior post here where the heated seats and electric seat positioning were removed from the MGV because they could not take the water from a washout.

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are you sure MGV has heated seats? I seem to recall a prior post here where the heated seats and electric seat positioning were removed from the MGV because they could not take the water from a washout.
Yes. On just the mid package on badlands.
Ford Bronco Interior of Bandlands...Options Screenshot_20210309-162713_Chrome

4Bronc

Wildtrak
First Name
4Bronc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs