Interior options are ruining my decision

Tdubz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Here is the leather interior on the rapid red fishing guide concept. I think it looks fine and would look just as good with race red. I tried to find a good pic of this interior, but this one is literally the only one I could find. I wonder why we have so many pics of all the other concepts but not this one?
Ford Bronco Interior options are ruining my decision 1604063965794
Sponsored

beachztt

Wildtrak
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor- Tuxedo Black, 2017 Jeep JKU Rubicon Hard Rock- Built
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My wife is pissed off that she can't get the glove/saddle leather like the media queen. We have black leather in our JKUR Hard Rock and I will likely just to a BadSquach with MGV if we decide not to wait for a Warthog or Gen3 Raptor.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. OB first, hate interior, looked at BD. Cant get past no 12” screen and headlights. Jumped to Badlands, debating on if we want to spend that much and might settle for the blue leather in the OB, I think it looks better than the horrible cloth. WT is just too much, the interior sucks and we don’t want 35” tires.

OP
OP
GeneralBoisvert

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly. The only way to fix this is to not buy a bronco and tell Ford why you aren't buying one. If they decide to listen it's up to them. But at the end of the day can you afford to spend 50k on something your aren't happy with?

I canceled my reservation.

Unless Ford did some intelligent analysis and determined and most OBX or WT buyers would prefer such interiors, I don't understand the limited dual-tone only options for interiors. So many trim, options, even exterior paints and then limit the interior? Doesn't make sense.

OP
OP
GeneralBoisvert

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Luckily I'm getting a black bronco - so the badlands with the orange won't look too weird with doors on or off. Otherwise I wouldn't be a buyer first year. I do think I'll wait for the black painted top. This video has my convinced MIC won't look well...and 4dr NEEDS Sasquatch.
Badland owners might be the luck ones unless you buy a Rapid Red and have to deal with Orange contrast stitching black interior.

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's funny that the people who are getting hosed are the ones opting for the higher trim levels lol. Get a Base or a Black Diamond. Both come with neutral interiors (black and space gray). Get your Mid Package on the Black Diamond for your tech needs and you're good to go. Stop whining, be happy with less, and you won't be disappointed lol. There, problem solved. /s
Uh - black and tan is pretty neutral as well - my issue is with the 2 tone. None of my previous Fords were Eddie Bauer trim levels for that very reason. I just prefer a solid color for seating and interior. As far as Black Diamond goes - thanks but maxing out at the mid package is not where I want to be. That's not even the equivalent of the old XLT package level - that's table stakes.

OP
OP
GeneralBoisvert

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep. OB first, hate interior, looked at BD. Cant get past no 12” screen and headlights. Jumped to Badlands, debating on if we want to spend that much and might settle for the blue leather in the OB, I think it looks better than the horrible cloth. WT is just too much, the interior sucks and we don’t want 35” tires.
This is rough. Make it Grey or make it Blue. The dual tones kills it. Ford should offer a all Grey and all Black option as well.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Chieftain

Raptor
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor - Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The lack
Agree - when everything looks like shit - you take the one that stinks the least. How is there only ONE option on the highest trim level and Badlands gets TWO choices for ALL Black. The problem is that these 2 tone interiors won't age well (except that original black/saddle interior that was fire) and keeping it simple would've been a better option and kept more people happy. ALthough there could be strategy to it...I've worked at companies before where they refused (due to market perception) to do mass layoffs, instead they would make people so miserable and the working conditions so bad people would quit en masse - so mission accomplished - maybe Ford knows they can't get all of these done and need people to bow out.
Ford really dropped the ball when it comes to interiors and severe lack of options. I’m all in on the badlands but like you mentioned, only two choices and both are black...kind of a let down. Don’t get me started on all the special editions and features that won’t be available to MY2021. Don’t tease if you can’t deliver.

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is the leather interior on the rapid red fishing guide concept. I think it looks fine and would look just as good with race red. I tried to find a good pic of this interior, but this one is literally the only one I could find. I wonder why we have so many pics of all the other concepts but not this one?
Because the dash doesn't match everything else....?

OP
OP
GeneralBoisvert

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
buy a wildtrak and buy neoprene waterproof seat covers. Problem solved.
I considered getting the OBX and wrapping the stock seats but I still have to deal with the two-tone dashboard so that's not an option.

Sponsored

Bronco20

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't understand their reasoning for no MGV option on the OBX. The current interior color options leave much to be desired.
So, I thought I'd drop down to BD, but can't get heated steering wheels on that.
Upped to BL, but can't get 2.7L with sound deadening or a roof rack with that. (4dr)

I don't understand this gymnastics Ford is expecting of its customers. It was heavily marketed initially as being quite customizable, but instead, we have too many models with seemingly randomized trims.

On top of all that, there's the MIC gray....

OP
OP
GeneralBoisvert

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Wildtrak Standstone/Black interior looks like a show stopper compared to the Navy Pier interior in the FE. At the end of the day I can live with Sandstone/Black, but I refuse to buy a $60k vehicle with Navy Pier interior. I've thrown the towel in on the Ford is listening BS. Sad to say I won't be buying my dream FE Bronco. Second choice Wildtrak will be sitting in my garage in 2021.
I would have to see it in person but I'm not a fan of dual-tone interiors and the tan dashboard doesn't look too attractive to me:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is rough. Make it Grey or make it Blue. The dual tones kills it. Ford should offer a all Grey and all Black option as well.

I agree, I don’t mind the two tone, I just don’t understand the color scheme. Why wasn’t It like a gray leather with black accents on the sides? Something very neutral. Without seeing the blue leather it’s hard to say if I’d like it or not. Normally I’d never go for blue anything and I definitely don’t LOVE it but I don’t think it’s as bad as some are making it out to be

OP
OP
GeneralBoisvert

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you should consider the outer banks. You can build it up to the wildtrak specs and I think the interior is better.
It feels like we are building our trims around the interior options. That doesn't sound like the correct approach for this.
Sponsored