annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

6 weeks in, 1100 miles, absolutely loving it so far.

Except my OCD has a few words on a couple of things πŸ‘€

Noticed this about 2 weeks after delivery and am taking it to my dealer's body shop to get fixed next week. Pics are hard, but basically the body isn't flush above the passenger tail light.

Good side:

Ford Bronco Interior panel fitment peculiarities 20220310_174245

Bad side:
Ford Bronco Interior panel fitment peculiarities 20220310_174254

Once I had the keen eye for weird (hopefully) cosmetic issues, I noticed this inside:
Ford Bronco Interior panel fitment peculiarities 20220310_174130

The interior panels aren't flush above either side πŸ˜΅β€

And the seams on the back pillar are also leaving a lot to be desired:
Ford Bronco Interior panel fitment peculiarities 20220310_174148

Ford Bronco Interior panel fitment peculiarities 20220310_174159

Ford Bronco Interior panel fitment peculiarities 20220310_174137

Has anyone else noticed similar issues with their interior? The reason this thread has this title is because holy hell there's a rattle I cannot track down. I don't think it's the same soft top rattle there have been other threads on and I'm definitely planning on taking it all the way off then back on when it warms up this weekend to see if it helps. Going over rough asphalt (which we have a lot of in CO) throws it around a bit more than I would expect, side to side lite thrashing and I'm a tad concerned that there's more vibration than there ought to be. I get it's an off road rig and the issues are probably unrelated, just seeing if anyone else has these weird fitment issues.

20220310_174130.jpg
Sponsored

MVBB

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
its a car... things move. nothing lasts new forever

OP
OP
annieVonBebop

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

its a car... things move. nothing lasts new forever
Shouldn't come from the factory like this, and should last longer than 6 weeks of pavement driving tho, no?

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fit and finish were never a ford thing. You might have set the bar a little too high for an offroad vehicle

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a couple complaints. Yes I have noise in the top. My passenger side door is out a touch from the body. 1/8" difference from the other side at least. I don't see the taillight difference in your post. The left pic is more overhead though. The interior pic didn't bother me. I'm not sure there isn't supposed to be visible paint there. You probably don't want that plastic touching the top or out would make more noise.

Sponsored
OP
OP
annieVonBebop

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fit and finish were never a ford thing. You might have set the bar a little too high for an offroad vehicle
And I'm okay with accepting that's how they come, I just need someone to tell me their was/is like this too and it's normal πŸ™‚

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜20 Explorer ST, β€˜19 GT350, β€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m not seeing what the problem is other than the OP might consider getting medicated.

Butzy

Base
First Name
Butzy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 & bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And I'm okay with accepting that's how they come, I just need someone to tell me their was/is like this too and it's normal πŸ™‚
Mine is stuck somewhere in production land so I can't compare. But I have owned many, many ford's and my 17 F150 is the closest I have been to owning a flawless one

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Interior panel fitment peculiarities 1646961646138

Ford Bronco Interior panel fitment peculiarities 1646961747557

Other than the door offset and the 2 tone MIC top, it is pretty decent. Honestly, I think these are pretty damned cool. Yes, they have had some issues. But I'm not disappointed in the end product overall. Can't wait for warm weather to pull the top off. Should be quieter lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
annieVonBebop

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not seeing what the problem is other than the OP might consider getting medicated.
Did I not say in my first post that it was difficult to get pics? The exterior body panel above the tail light isn't fastened all the way and you can push it in/out about a quarter of an inch. That can let moisture and water in.

The interior issues are also hard to photograph and all I'm after is some feedback from other people in the community with whether they've noticed anything similar.

I actually don't really care about how it looks, I'm trying to gauge whether it should look like this or not and get a baseline. If it shouldn't, then other people should also know this is a thing if they do care about things like this.

But okay yeah seeking external feedback on something from a community = meds πŸ™„

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
β€˜20 Explorer ST, β€˜19 GT350, β€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s called levity…… maybe don’t use such a sensationalist thread title next time.

OP
OP
annieVonBebop

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First ford I've owned so no past experience with it being an issue.

Bar's not too high - my last big purchase, which was my first house - had a foundation that epically failed on us after a year and it started with cracks. So seeing weird gaps on my Bronco is striking a bit of a chord with me πŸ˜… of course the structural integrity is compromised lol
Sponsored